Club Vaccine Passport Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted earlier that a cop had said to me that most of the checks will take place early on to prevent confrontation with those arriving 5/10 minutes before kick off. I failed to mention he's only been vaccinated once,and will in all likely hood be working at Ibrox on Sunday. Piss up in brewery and all that. ;)

Get the letter, download the electronic version or take a photo copy of yer mates.

They won't check and cross-check 50,000 people!

I’m fully vaccinated over here in the states. If I come over and want go to a game, I’m I allowed to do so if I show my vaccination card?
Depends on if it’s approved in the UK, I think. For example, I don’t think being vaccinated with Johnson & Johnson would qualify you.

Could be changed by Monday if fans of all clubs said no to this whether vaccinated or not. Empty stands would crumble it instantly.
I know it wont happen
This will probably only affect 6 or 7 clubs so you won't get much unity. Of the rest most will have been vaccinated so there will be no great revolt against this. That's why they have restricted it to a relatively small group.

Plus you will probably find that fans of other clubs would like it if we don't get in given their usual hatred for us.

I’m assuming it’ll be a quick glance and not a scan of the QR codes. My sister has sent me hers so it’ll be a photoshop job and see what happens.
Best case scenario yes. Worst case scenario they use the QR scanner that's been made available, you get done and lose your season ticket. Or it could be anywhere in between.

That's probably as clear as what they are letting us know :))

Don't really know how that's not clear to you to be honest.
It's wild that there is a likelihood of folk turning up to Ibrox on Sunday, being asked to show their vaccine passport and being affronted/claiming it is the first they have heard of this requirement.

Reactions: G33
Where does this all sit from an information governance perspective? The public are being asked to show private medical information whether they have been vaccinated or are exempt.

I’m assuming it’ll be a quick glance and not a scan of the QR codes. My sister has sent me hers so it’ll be a photoshop job and see what happens.
From what I've read (not from Rangers statements) QR codes will be scanned, otherwise what's the point? You could be flashing a code from a bag of frozen peas if they are just asking if you have a QR code!

I've not seen anything that says they are cross checking against ID though, so unless your sister has a name that could also be a mans name, you'd be as well not taking anything at all if you don't have your own and hoping you don't get spot checked.

Every single person who has downloaded that app for their "passport" are every bit as bad as those who vote for the Nats. There is no difference.

All we had to do was show some back bone and let this fall on its face but we couldn't even do that.
What an idiot. Most folk are concerned about the health of the nation nothing to do with who they vote for.

Depends on if it’s approved in the UK, I think. For example, I don’t think being vaccinated with Johnson & Johnson would qualify you.
That’s what I’d imagine would happen. Similar to flying into the country etc.

I’d imagine I’ll be fine as I’ve got Pfizer.

At first it was one jag only (elderly and vulnerable)
Then it was two jags
Then it was two jags and passports
Then it will be two jags passports, boosters
Then it will be two jags, passprts, boosters and kids

are you seeing a trend here?
I think the people who cant see this are too far gone.
There is no exemption letter though. And ive got a better chance of a sit down with Her Majesty than with my doctor to get a letter so this is at least something. Any steward that even tries to question my medical history will probably result in me banned from Ibrox anyway.

The more I think about it the more ridiculous it is. A doctors letter to show to someone who doesnt need to be vaccinated to do something Ive done for months already because of a virus ive already had. F"ck right off.
Unreal

There is no exemption letter though. And ive got a better chance of a sit down with Her Majesty than with my doctor to get a letter so this is at least something. Any steward that even tries to question my medical history will probably result in me banned from Ibrox anyway.

The more I think about it the more ridiculous it is. A doctors letter to show to someone who doesnt need to be vaccinated to do something Ive done for months already because of a virus ive already had. F"ck right off.
I’m in Toronto. Waitress at the local used to have a swally with us after her shift. Now she has to leave straight away because she’s not vaxxed .

Is there anything more ridiculous than this ?

So the staff and stewards in the stadium on the day of the game don’t need to be vaccinated, but you the paying customer need two jabs to gain entry to the game you have already paid for … this is insanely wrong and needs challenged what a complete shambles this is.
Absolutely TTB, a complete and utter, not shambles, but totally unacceptable situation.

Apart from the players and management, who are tested regularly, no one should be allowed into Ibrox on a match day now, unless they are double vaccinated under the forthcoming circumstances.

Some snotty wee kid if they have Covid could pass the virus onto an untold number of supporters during their shift, by wiping their nose or mouth even whilst wearing rubber gloves.

Stewards touching hand rails etc, could pass the virus on.

Directors fall into the above categories also.

Any scenario is open to debate.

Being double jabbed doesn't stop you getting Covid, so why are supporters being put at risk in this way.

A complete and utter f--- up of a situation, compounded by a Scottish government playing political games with central government at our expense.

It's a complete nonsense of a situation.

Last edited:
There's an NHS sunflower exempt photo you can get on your phone. That states in accordance with equality act a business can't demand to know why your medically exempt.

Sound advice mate. I'll definitely be looking into exempt religions lol. I've been meaning to find a God.

It all seems very suspect to me. The legality of it all must be very shaky.
Litigating law nomenclature at the turnstile won't go well. This has major debacle written all over it.

That’s what I’d imagine would happen. Similar to flying into the country etc.

I’d imagine I’ll be fine as I’ve got Pfizer.
Until your baws start sagging more and your ears grow. Once Bill Gates pushes the button. He’s waiting until enough are vaxxed :)) :))

There is a difference between needing certain vaccines to serve in the RAF and having to show your medical records to obtain access to something as simple as a football match, not that I agree with needing certain vaccinations to serve either.
Nobody is being asked to show medical records. It's a proof of vaccination.
Been coming for weeks, so I made sure I got mine despite spending several hours on the phone and Internet.
Much rather be watching my team than worrying about a perceived loss of freedom or causing an innocent steward any grief.

If they question the identity of the picture, just tell them you were transitioning at the time of the photo. Now you've seen the light and changed back to your gender at birth.

BTW, I'm being serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back