UFA potentially forfeiting Rangers tie due to Visa issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hardly a non story, if there's official quotes from the Ufa camp. I wish folk would maybe read the article first. There's obviously some concern.

Tie will go ahead IMO though.

I for one hope this doesn’t happen, I don’t want any excuses to be pointed at us for making the groups.

That being said - for the first time in my short life we might be the jammy bastards for once?
On the other hand, the sweetest music in the world is the sound of a bubbling tim and there would be plenty on offer if we get a clear week to prepare for the trip to the paedodrome.

It will cost the club a full house of gate receipts. Who reimburses us for that?

Not having to travel to Russia 3 days before playing the scum is also a massive bonus.
Sometimes value is not all about money.

Two hard games avoided, less chance of injuries, rested before beggars game. In Money terms We save on travel to Russia, we get money in the groups. I'd take the hit.

It's not going to happen anyway.

Just a helpful fyi, due to the recent political tensions between Russia and the UK the Visa applications became longer and stricter. A fast tracked visa for and indiviual takes a minimum of 5 working days at its fastest. For a Whole team and staff maybe longer. So the deicsion to forfeit is very real and highly likely. Not the best way to go through I agree but we have "them" a couple days after the away leg and it would make life easier for that, not to mention the guarantee of monies which Mr G can go spend :)

The fact Russia has been responsible for poisoning on British streets, resulting in one fatality is a factor that will be taken into account in any fast tracking. Also Ufa are supposed to travel Wednesday to Glasgow as per UEFA rules, but will only lodge applications tomorrow. Looks like an own goal from the Russians.

We have more time to apply though.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and the FCO will get them here without a problem.

I only want to win on the pitch.

We are not Septic FFS.

I'd rather not have to play in Russia on Thursday then have to play them on the Sunday if I'm being honest.

#TechicalityLoyal

Last edited:
Just last week, Russian cyclist Igor Frolov was unable to compete at the European Championships in Glasgow because he didn't give himself enough time to get a UK visa.

And Spartak Moscow were unable to send a youth team to the Milk Cup tournament in Northern Ireland this summer because of new visa restrictions.

I've worked in Russia and have got visas at pretty short notice. Surely UEFA could switch the ties so that the first leg is in Russia. That would mean that we wouldn't have the journey back from Russia and the jet lag when playing the manky mob.
Dhims are at home that night so it wouldn’t be allowed

We had a similar situation as fans when we went to CSKA Moscow and I remember the travel club actually got us our priority visas within a day or two. It added several hundred pounds to the cost of our trips (seem to remember that one was about a grand). I thought that one would have been easier now for football especially in the wake of the World Cup.

I flew to the States a few months after that and was held up for a while at passport control because of the muckle great Russian visa stapled to my passport.

Folk must be having a laugh wanting us to offer to swap ties. Get it up them it's not our fault they fucked up.

It's about time we had some luck for a change.

Even though it wouldn't happen for reasons already mentioned, we'd be seen to be trying to facilitate a solution.

Unlike the other mob who have already proven on more than one occasion that sporting integrity isn't high on their agenda.

We had a similar situation as fans when we went to CSKA Moscow and I remember the travel club actually got us our priority visas within a day or two. It added several hundred pounds to the cost of our trips (seem to remember that one was about a grand). I thought that one would have been easier now for football especially in the wake of the World Cup.

I flew to the States a few months after that and was held up for a while at passport control because of the muckle great Russian visa stapled to my passport.

I doubt it, unless the US immigration officer told you that the Russian visa was the reason for your delay. My wife is Russian and my passport has about 7 or 8 Russian visas in it from trips back to see her relatives. It has never been a problem for me at US border control, with my latest visit to the US being in February this year.

I hope this isn't true, I'd sooner see us qualify on merit rather than ufa having to forfeit. That said, the Tim meltdown would be absolutely amazing to watch!

Watch out for the fake outrage from the hypocritical paedo loving mhedia and their peasant readers if we get a bye...

Better a bye, than getting horsed, raking over all the paper work connected and slithering through after fvckin a team far better over because an office guy made an arse of a tiny bit of the admin..?

Keep that front and foremost for every 19th Century Terrorist fvckwit that starts moaning in our direction. That goes for all the media monkies too !

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but the issue regarding visas is not unprecedented in our past European tournament history. I remember back to the early 1960's when we drew the old East Germany club, Vorwaerts, in the European Cup and they were not allowed visas to enter the UK. We ended up playing the home leg of our tie in Sweden.

This would be fantastic and hilarious.

Alleviate our fixture schedule, remove that 10 hour round trip to Russia 3 days before the Old Firm game and we would be in the Europa League group stages!

It sounds too good to be true.

Can't believe people are wanting to knock this back!

The dignified approach has done us zero favours the dhims getting a bye was on the back of being ruined 6-1 a proper shitebag way into the next round clyping and snivelling about ineligible players.

A team has fucked up visa applications before a ball is kicked we shouldn't be made to feel bad or have our achievements undermined for that!

Despite the lack of acknowledgement from the usual weirdos in the press we've won home and away in the first two legs, completely dismantled a champions league grade team that are rated 60 places higher than the mighty aek Athens and held them at bay in their midden. All this in the space of weeks and a near totally new squad? We more than deserve to be in the group's and I for one will feel massively hard done by if we do play them and dont progress.

I would rather we did it the old fashioned way and play everyone who should be in it fair and square.

Tainted cups etc is more the beggars style ;)

We've already came through 3 rounds (2 of them unseeded). We've more than earned it on the pitch.

Not earning it is when you get pumped rotten off Sion and Warsaw then advance at their expense on a technicality.

Folk must be having a laugh wanting us to offer to swap ties. Get it up them it's not our fault they fucked up.

It's about time we had some luck for a change.

For that to happen we would ALSO have to fast track visas, same for us no time. Im with you, tough titties for Ufa.

For footballing reasons it would be the right way to go through by beating them on the park BUT given how important the game on the 2nd is I would take this in a heartbeat.

Well, this is bollox. They can submit super priority visa applications which should be processed within 24 hours. Cost GBP 1,000 each, but would have thought that would be a drop in the ocean for them.

Did you just make that term up or does it really exist? The reason I can’t travel to Russia is that the express visa application was still going to take too long. I explained this to the agency and they didn’t mention a quicker way. Admittedly I was trying for the opposite, ie. a Russian visa but I’d immagine both countries offer similar services.

Surely the sfa will step in to make sure this doesn’t happen :p

On a serious note there must be a way around this for them. I’d have though visas for athletes would be pretty straight forward as long as no criminal convictions and treated urgently by the department that issue them.

It’s about time we had a bit of good luck if it is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back