£6m bid for Morelos rejected??

Bite your hand off for 6 mill for him. His head was turned and his performances towards the end of last season proved it

Maybe his head can be turned back?
Maybe the promise that a full term at the levels of his first half season will probably guarantee him his choice of move, would be enough to refocus him.

Bite your hand off for 6 mill for him. His head was turned and his performances towards the end of last season proved it

All the more reason to keep him. If he gets through a season for us and focuses on his game then he will be worth a lot more.

The last reported bid which we rejected was £9m plus add ons so yes I would expect us to reject a bid of £6m.

ID10 has already posted that there is NO new bid. I'm inclined to believe that. This is fantasy nonsense from some source in Turkey that's been repeated by The Sun.

ID10 has already posted that there is NO new bid. I'm inclined to believe that. This is fantasy nonsense from some source in Turkey that's been repeated by The Sun.

That may be the case but my point still stands. Bearing in mind we knocked back a much higher bid earlier in the year i'd expect us to reject a bid of £6m.

Holding out for more money ....?
Has anybody though that maybe the gaffer doesn't want to sell him and rates him? who knows

Stories coming out of Ibrox are thin on the ground for the phress at the moment, they are last to hear what we hear on FF

Fookin magic init

I hope we don’t sell him. But if we get £8m, the manager thinks is best and we can use the funds to go sign two £4m strikers then I’d say yes. Jelavic was a £4m striker. Two players of that quality would be unreal but would require some shrewd scouting.

I get the holding out for maximum return but I also how it's tinged with realism: if he's going get him gone and a replacement brought in ahead of the first European game.

We cannot enter that arena again without a potent attacker.
you may be correct but if his head is all over the place because we won't sell him he is no good to us.

Morelos will be a massive player for us next season. If he's to be sold it should be for a Scottish record fee.

He's a very good young player who would benefit from another season here. A few weeks rest followed by a full season of banging in the goal would have a number of English clubs taking a serious interest in him. However, if he really did spit the dummy because he missed out on moving to a Chinese club, I'd be very worried about his ambitions as a player. Could end up another Asamoah Gyan; making a fortune but wasting his talent in a nothing league.

Morelos will be a massive player for us next season. If he's to be sold it should be for a Scottish record fee.

Agree with this. I cannot understand any fan wanting him punted. With the right partner / service, he'll destroy this league ... sell him in a year or two if he wants to go to the epl for twice this amount..

Agree with this. I cannot understand any fan wanting him punted. With the right partner / service, he'll destroy this league ... sell him in a year or two if he wants to go to the epl for twice this amount..
Not looking for an argument mate but how will a partner/servce improve his finishing?

people saying his attitude stank , he played for a year without a break , could the lad not have been burned out , during which time he led the line on his own , a good rest and proper pre season and he will be fine , if we sell it should be for a fee of our choosing with a sell on clause .

I like Morelos and hope we can hold onto him. He has some great attributes and must be a nightmare for opposition defenders. OK he missed a number of chances as young inexperienced strikers do, I give you one Alistair Murdoch McCoist.
He could certainly be a very big player for us over the next season or two, and gain a great move for him and a cracking profit for Rangers.
If it's true that he has an attitude problem and wants away, so be it, but on our terms and at our valuation. I'm not so sure that is the case though. I think he did suffer some burn out. I think, like other players, he lost faith in Murty. He did sign an extended contract which leads me to believe he's not spitting his dummy out, but rather he's leaving his options open.
All will become clear over the coming weeks, but Alfredo along with a couple of differing striker options would do for me.

Reports on foreign sports newspaper, that we have rejected a £6m bid from an unnamed Chinese team for Alfredo.

If true thoughts on this bears? Personally I get the feeling he is itching to move but i'd be looking to see if that offer could be increased to say £8m, then I think we would accept that bid.

Honestly after the sitters he's missed the club are out their mind to turn that away.

If Celtic are spending (supposedly) £9m on Eduoard, then we should be looking for the exact same or more for Morelos.

They're doing it deliberately as a "we've got money" stunt.
He's no where near worth that as I'm sure many of the logical fan-base will agree.

If the fee for Eduoarde to the Dhims is £9m (no laughing at the back there!) then it sets a benchmark for Morelos. Alfredo had, I think, 14 in 35 league matches to Eduoarde’s 9 in 22, so little in it.

Last edited:
Who do you think is the better player?

The goal scoring stats from last season - for league games only, to keep it ‘fair’ - suggests Morelos is as good in terms of goal scoring. I’d also argue that Morelos contributes more to the team. I don’t fear Eduoarde at all, despite his 3 goals against us, a proper defence will keep him in check - and if he’s playing it means one, or both, of Griffiths and Dembele aren’t.

Alfredo had, I think, 14 in 35 league matches to Eduoarde’s 9 in 22, so little in it.

Last edited:
We have a couple of months yet before we need to decide to sell or keep and during that p[eriod we can see how he does in a new team with a new manager. No need to rush things at present.

popcorn_yes.gif

We supposedly knocked back much more in Jan no way are the club going to accept anything less.

Yes but his form and attitude changed dramatically since then, he didn't look interested and sulked and threw the toys out of the pram.
If we did receive £6 mill.for him, i would take it,as we could buy a couple good strikers with the money, ive nothing against the kid but if were waiting for a bigger bid coming in and thinking of taking it.Surely that tell's us that S.G.dosen't fancy him.Only a thought.?

You'd expect Morelos to grow in confidence and improve under Gerrard, McAllister, Beale...

Yes if he changes his attitude towards other players and refs, the way he goes about sulking when things don't go his way on the park.S.G. won't put up with his nonsense, as it's not helping him or the team.It's time for the player to grow up and play the way he did when he first came into the team.If he really want's to play for us, he'll need to prove it to one and all.imo.

The goal scoring stats from last season - for league games only, to keep it ‘fair’ - suggests Morelos is as good in terms of goal scoring. I’d also argue that Morelos contributes more to the team. I don’t fear Eduoarde at all, despite his 3 goals against us, a proper defence will keep him in check - and if he’s playing it means one, or both, of Griffiths and Dembele aren’t.

Alfredo had, I think, 14 in 35 league matches to Eduoarde’s 9 in 22, so little in it.

Edouard had 3 chances against us and scored 3 goals

Edouard had 3 chances against us and scored 3 goals

Aye, and another three of his goals came in a single match against Motherwell. So what? Little point in narrowing it down to one, or two, games. The stats I quoted are for league matches over the season. There’s little to choose between them on a pro rata basis - but, for me, Morelos edges it in hard work.

Back