“No Surrender”

Have I not read on here before that you are ex-forces?

I'd be claiming it was a hark back to that?

Or you're just a massive Springsteen fan.
Left the RAF this year and started in the Railway, having started so recently and this thing becoming an issue is the reason I’m worried.

Left the RAF this year and started in the Railway, having started so recently and this thing becoming an issue is the reason I’m worried.

there are so many things you could say such as

the quote I posted above and you being ex-forces, its just a reminder of your forces time and what was quoted to never give up even if you feel like your having a bad day- ie; it is a motivational reminder.

I actually can't believe that a sticker is an issue, it's not as if it stated feck all 19th Century Terrorist scum..no Surrender on it !

I can’t see how it’s sectarian. It’s laughable it’s being discussed but that’s where we’ve been dragged. How it’s dealt with will probably be more to do with who’s dealing with it than anything else.

Approach your shop steward and explain what it means to you personally .

To me it means “ never give in “ , an admirable sentiment given this tough, sometimes horrible life we live.

The fact is that it has now become the default position of your average mentally challenged to be mock offended at everything.

All part of the game to keep us in our box, that's the mindset at work here.

Funnily enough the only complaints arose the day after we beat Ufa and it had been up for weeks beforehand.

Bitter, bitter c*nts.

It's sad that people need to complain about everything and anything, although you likely knew this would happen. Not for one second saying I agree with anyone complaining but I suspect you will be asked to take it down.

rsz_brucespringsteen_84.jpg

Sectarian against who? surely not catholics? the Boss is catholic. I think you'll be fine.

It's sad that people need to complain about everything and anything, although you likely knew this would happen. Not for one second saying I agree with anyone complaining but I suspect you will be asked to take it down.
It’s already down, I did expect it to get a reaction but I thought it would just be ripped off, that’s what I would do to anything that annoyed me. These losers are a different breed.

The yahoos seem to think it is for some reason. True story - 2011 League Cup Final in the Clachan, Baillieston Road, there were 3 of them watching it in the Rangers bit of the pub, f*ck knows why as they have their own bit in the lounge next door.

As Davie Weir is going up the stairs to get the cup we started the No Surrender Davie Weir chant and they went fucking tonto, 3 grown men looked like they were almost in tears, and the prick behind the bar turned the tellys off because of it until we stopped. Missed the trophy being lifted. I asked them what their problem was and the response was " we're no sittin here singing rebel songs ur we?" o_O just walked away shaking my head in total confusion.

Last time I set foot in the place after the knob behind the bar pandered to them, either that or he was one of them too.

Last edited:
It’s already down, I did expect it to get a reaction but I thought it would just be ripped off, that’s what I would do to anything that annoyed me. These losers are a different breed.

Tbf, had I saw a sticker saying something 19th Century Terrorist or about the GB or the likes, I'd just tear it off as opposed to complain. Cannae be arsed with folk taking things to the hilt continually.

Back