“No Surrender”

Best thing to do is get them to explain why its sectarian cause they won't be able to do it and will expose their sectarianism.

"No Surrender" goes back to the siege of Derry and marks a vety important period in European history.

You could always just say its a mantra you use to keep you motivated and nothing to do with politics.

I think the biggest question needs to be why you felt the need to put it on your locker in first place.

Nothing sectarian about it, however, why give yourself any grief thst may come from it.

Are you 16-18 years old?

Best thing to do is get them to explain why its sectarian cause they won't be able to do it and will expose their sectarianism.

"No Surrender" goes back to the siege of Derry and marks a vety important period in European history.

You could always just say its a mantra you use to keep you motivated and nothing to do with politics.
That is what I said.

It hasn’t been made official yet but it’s got me paranoid.

I think the biggest question needs to be why you felt the need to put it on your locker in first place.

Nothing sectarian about it, however, why give yourself any grief thst may come from it.

Are you 16-18 years old?
Because I underestimated the offendedness. Someone gave me some stickers and I put them on my locker without a second thought.

748x1000.jpeg

Sticker in question
We are not sectarian.....

quoting a section from a Winston Churchill quote

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills;

we shall never surrender.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/winston_churchill_161337
Off topic I know, but I just watched the darkest hour last night. Wow what a movie it is. Absolutely loved it.

Anything Rangers/Protestant/Unionist or Loyalist is a target to being labelled sectarian these days, that, is all part of their plan to remove all of our culture by claiming offence.

The word you're looking for mate is DISCRIMINATION.....

Anything Rangers/Protestant/Unionist or Loyalist is being discriminated against in Scotland these days and must be highlighted as such.

Equal opportunities/level playing field , even sporting integrity are all statements that the "rest of Scotland" preach continually so to seek out one type of society and target them is easily discrimination.

Let's take the fight back to them.

Ffs the hokey cokey is sectarian to those daft b@stards so they will be overly offended by that. Anything we do offends them

This all day long, the onus is on the accuser here, tell them to put up or shut up.

Used to leave any jobs I finished on footpaths in Edinburgh after flagging streets or new granite with (rangers 1872 no surrender) must be hundreds of places all over Edinburgh its written

The thing is SP that they have to prove that it is sectarian.

You're sticker hasn't named any person, people or organisation to be offended at.

Laugh at them as they squirm to find an answer to it.

HR will know its not sectarian, let them run tbis along as they want OP. You’ll be fine mate.

I’d do it again tomorrow.

I was let off a disciplinary once for saying “i’m offended that they’re offended, now what do we do?” They found out I was an argumentative kunt and could be just as petty as them if needed, aka I wouldn't let them just grease up the dildo for the new boy and bend over for them.

If you think something may come of this be prepared. I am guessing that any management intervention is likely to be, in the first instance, by your line manager. Make yourself aware of the definition of sectarian if that's what you think might be the angle taken. Look it up by simply putting 'sectarian meaning' into your browser. I imagine your line manager either won't know the definition or will and recognise this isn't.
I recently asked a police sergeant to define sectarian. He couldn't, so it's unlikely many laymen could.
Totally as an aside the meaning of 19th Century Terrorist when put into the internet provides the correct definition. Try it. It's a reasoned defence for anyone challenged on the use of the word.
As has been said by others I doubt you have anything much to be concerned about but, if I were your line manager or your trade union rep I would be telling you to not do anything like this again, and I will make sure the other lot don't either, and will take it up with management if anything does happen in future.
One other point, you shouldn't be putting anything unsanctioned by management on company property, which I presume your locker is. So don't leave yourself open to that possibility for disciplinary action.
For information I am and have been a TU rep for a number of years.
Keep anything partisan -I would consider this partisan not sectarian - away from the workplace.

Back