2000 fans allowed for the Arsenal game

I don't really go to away games so make it more clear if you don't mind explaining it like I'm completely ignorant. Does it look like MyGers will be replacing the existing way things were done previously?
Mygers was replacing the old away and semis/finals cccs, as well as the old travel club being absorbed in it

Home cup game cccs and home friendlies were kept separate so fans could still sign up for these without joining mygers

At no point did the club suggest that mygers would be used as a selection criteria to decide what ST holders could attend any games at Ibrox

In my mind, all ST holders that wanted to sign up for friendlies would’ve done so - mygers members or not - therefore all ST holders that signed up for friendlies should be treated the same. There was a reason friendlies weren’t included in mygers so why are the club now basing who’ll get to attend by saying you need to be a mygers member?

I have a vague recollection that there was. It caused a bit of a debate on here at the time as to whether the reference to using MyGers only applied to the friendlies or if it applied beyond that. The statement had been split into two paragraphs so, for some, it was unclear.

And we still don’t know if MyGers will even be used for the other two friendlies yet.
There’s been zero chat about mygers having any baring on home friendlies that I’m aware of

ST holders that signed up to the friendlies cccs committed to buying any friendlies at Ibrox, whether it was Annan or Arsenal

At no point did the club tell ST holders that mygers might be used as a mechanism to decide who’d get access to games at Ibrox

If it was a ballot between ST holders that signed the friendlies cccs box I’d have no complaints. Mygers shouldn’t be involved at all though

As I said, the club are a disgrace doing this
Thanks Rangers again the Faithfull long term St ticket holders are left on their arse and the ones that can afford the con that is b
you're a season ticket holder aye?...

but have you donated an extra £50 to the club for a membership which is actually no use to you but you were guilt tripped into paying? Naw? Ah well, no ticket.

Fvck MyGers.
Ditto mate.

It's just a bizarre thing to even try when they've just allowed 12,000 to attend games recently. Thing is, you know when they're talking to Celtic about letting more in for their game against Midtjylland that it will be given very, very serious consideration.

2,000 fans is a joke at this stage in the pandemic and especially after we've just hosted Euro games in Glasgow.

There’s been zero chat about mygers having any baring on home friendlies that I’m aware of
F*cked if I can find the thread mate. Was in a news release by Rangers and at the end of one para it mentioned using MyGers for friendly matches then in the next para it went on to talk about League games. There was a lot of debate as to whether the two were distinct or if the MyGers comment rolled over into the second paragraph. You’re bound to have commented.;)

F*cked if I can find the thread mate. Was in a news release by Rangers and at the end of one para it mentioned using MyGers for friendly matches then in the next para it went on to talk about League games. There was a lot of debate as to whether the two were distinct or if the MyGers comment rolled over into the second paragraph. You’re bound to have commented.;)
Think I know the thread - caused carnage at the time and people tried to say it wouldn’t happen and I was reading it wrong

Apologies, I thought you meant it had been mentioned in a comms specifically about mygers as in like a FAQs type idea or if it came out at a focus group

Now you mention it, I have a vague recollection of an email along those lines

Think I know the thread - caused carnage at the time and people tried to say it wouldn’t happen and I was reading it wrong

Apologies, I thought you meant it had been mentioned in a comms specifically about mygers as in like a FAQs type idea or if it came out at a focus group

Now you mention it, I have a vague recollection of an email along those lines
Here’s the extract and the link. Not as specific as I thought but deffo indicated MyGers priority:

“ As we continue our work to return fans to Ibrox in a safe manner, all season ticket holders who are MyGers members will receive ticketing priorities.

Further details on ticketing priorities for Friendlies and UEFA Champions League matches will be communicated in the upcoming weeks.”

Can’t find the thread though.

To be clear, I think it wrong to use MyGers as a tie-breaker for ST matches. And I don’t think the Club will do so for Flag Day and beyond.

If only 12000 allowed in for flag day do the rest suck it up and watch rtv?
if the government only allow 12000 into Ibrox for this game what do you suggest the club do?

Genuine question?

the pandemic is hardly the clubs fault.

If we have 46k season ticket holders but only 12k are allowed then the club are not going to be able to satisfy everyone and the majority of supporters(understandably) will be unhappy at not being to see the league flag being raised for the first time in 10 years.

The club dont have a magic wand.

Here’s the extract and the link. Not as specific as I thought but deffo indicated MyGers priority:

“ As we continue our work to return fans to Ibrox in a safe manner, all season ticket holders who are MyGers members will receive ticketing priorities.

Further details on ticketing priorities for Friendlies and UEFA Champions League matches will be communicated in the upcoming weeks.”

To be clear, I think it wrong to use MyGers as a tie-breaker for ST matches. And I don’t think the Club will do so for Flag Day and beyond.
Ahh yes, I do remember that now. There was disagreement whether the 2 paragraphs were linked or what was meant by priority

My stance would’ve been the same in that thread as it is that one. People can, quite rightly, say they’re bored of my crying however if I was coming from a selfish viewpoint I should be delighted. I just don’t think it’s fair to change the goalposts like the club are doing

Does that mean 2000 people indoors sharing a buffet? There's no scientific basis for a paltry figure like that, especially when the virus is more or less proven not to transmit outdoors. Another ridiculous decision from our ridiculous Scottish government
I know that club72 hospitality clients are being provided with a seat only, no food/drink or actual hospitality.

Mygers was replacing the old away and semis/finals cccs, as well as the old travel club being absorbed in it

Home cup game cccs and home friendlies were kept separate so fans could still sign up for these without joining mygers

At no point did the club suggest that mygers would be used as a selection criteria to decide what ST holders could attend any games at Ibrox

In my mind, all ST holders that wanted to sign up for friendlies would’ve done so - mygers members or not - therefore all ST holders that signed up for friendlies should be treated the same. There was a reason friendlies weren’t included in mygers so why are the club now basing who’ll get to attend by saying you need to be a mygers member?
It's Rangers ball and people will buy MyGers and then benefit from this approach. I think you need to get on board with it instead of criticism whether you're right or wrong, I'd say the club are trying to maximise revenues by giving priority preferences to MyGers - again whether that's right or wrong.

if the government only allow 12000 into Ibrox for this game what do you suggest the club do?

Genuine question?

If we have 46k season ticket holders but only 12k are allowed then the club are not going to be able to satisfy everyone and the majority of supporters(understandably) will be unhappy at not being to see the league flag being raised for the first time in 10 years.

Do a ballot with all season ticket holders . So a supporter who got a season ticket for this season & joined mygers gets an opportunity to get to a game where someone who has had a season book for over 30 years doesn't because he didn't sign up to mygers scheme , absolutely poor from the club .

Ahh yes, I do remember that now. There was disagreement whether the 2 paragraphs were linked or what was meant by priority

My stance would’ve been the same in that thread as it is that one. People can, quite rightly, say they’re bored of my crying however if I was coming from a selfish viewpoint I should be delighted. I just don’t think it’s fair to change the goalposts like the club are doing
I’m hoping that the MyGers tie-breaker will only be used for the Arsenal match due to its status as a test event and the very limited number of tickets available. For me, that’s as far as it should go.

MyGers certainly should NOT be used as a tie-breaker for ST matches, namely Flag Day and beyond.

For the other two friendlies and for Flag Day it should be a straightforward ballot of all ST holders (who ticked the friendlies box in the case of Brighton/Real of course). Thereafter, hopefully, restricted attendances should be a thing of the past, though there’s the chance of a home leg in CL on 3/4 Aug.

It's Rangers ball and people will buy MyGers and then benefit from this approach. I think you need to get on board with it instead of criticism whether you're right or wrong, I'd say the club are trying to maximise revenues by giving priority preferences to MyGers - again whether that's right or wrong.
It’s their ball and there’s a carte Blanche clause in mygers that allows them to change the rules as and when they please

However, other fans are finally understanding why I’ve been moaning for over 18 months. I’m hopeful that once more people start becoming disenfranchised with it, the club may take notice and look at ways of improving

I’m hoping that the MyGers tie-breaker will only be used for the Arsenal match due to its status as a test event and the very limited number of tickets available. For me, that’s as far as it should go.

MyGers certainly should NOT be used as a tie-breaker for ST matches, namely Flag Day and beyond.

For the other two friendlies and for Flag Day it should be a straightforward ballot of all ST holders (who ticked the friendlies box in the case of Brighton/Real of course). Thereafter, hopefully, restricted attendances should be a thing of the past, though there’s the chance of a home leg in CL on 3/4 Aug.
I’m hoping that I’m successful for the Real game, heading down your way to Gwynedd - hoping it’s straight from Ibrox :D

It's just a bizarre thing to even try when they've just allowed 12,000 to attend games recently. Thing is, you know when they're talking to Celtic about letting more in for their game against Midtjylland that it will be given very, very serious consideration.

2,000 fans is a joke at this stage in the pandemic and especially after we've just hosted Euro games in Glasgow.
You will have some of our own totally missing the point.

Do a ballot with all season ticket holders . So a supporter who got a season ticket for this season & joined mygers gets an opportunity to get to a game where someone who has had a season book for over 30 years doesn't because he didn't sign up to mygers scheme , absolutely poor from the club .
Mate the high likelihood is thats EXACTLY what the club will do for the opening league game.

Except the 1500 or so hospitality clients will be guaranteed entry to the game also

You are slaughtering the club for what they will do for the livi game when they have not even announced the plans yet.

Genuine question?

Thats why I said they would have to refund those that couldnt attend and then claim the Scots Gov for lose of money.

Valley you can sugar-coat this all you want m8 but at no stage where home games mentioned as ive posted many times most believed this was for away games domestic and semi finals and finals and also euro away trips ...sorry m8 but that's my take and many others

It’s their ball and there’s a carte Blanche clause in mygers that allows them to change the rules as and when they please

However, other fans are finally understanding why I’ve been moaning for over 18 months. I’m hopeful that once more people start becoming disenfranchised with it, the club may take notice and look at ways of improving
Most of us will just sign up to MyGers so it seems like you're fighting a losing battle that most people don't care about.

Most of us will just sign up to MyGers so it seems like you're fighting a losing battle that most people don't care about.
That’s now though with the current state of play.

I suspect membership numbers will fall once Bronze/Silver members can’t get a sniff of away tickets but that’s me going off on a tangent

100% m8

My question is really what's going to happen to the friendly payments

Ie ive ticked all home friendly games only 2k for arsenal game ok get it but how do I watch game does it come off automatically as I've ticked it and get on rtv as season ticket holder or do I need but it separately of Rangers TV

I may have missed any comms that have came out but its really not clear what people have to do b

Mate the high likelihood is thats EXACTLY what the club will do for the opening league game.

Except the 1500 or so hospitality clients will be guaranteed entry to the game also

You are slaughtering the club for what they will do for the livi game when they have not even announced the plans yet.
I didn't mention the livi game , where did that come from , am talking about the Arsenal game mate .

Instead of arguing about mygers those lucky enough to have tickets should be giving the lego headed Hitler and the snp total abuse for this at the game

It's a bit dodgy from trades description perspective to sell season tickets, then not give everyone same chance of getting in. I really hope this mygers criteria is only for friendlies.

Well its going to cost the club then
If people want to claim the club for refunds for not getting into the livi game when its entirely not the clubs fault then so be it.

Neither myself or any of the bears in our wee group plan to if we're not some of the lucky ones.

Will just need to bear it and watch it with the majority or other supporters on rtv/in pub and hope we get into the next home game.

Valley you can sugar-coat this all you want m8 but at no stage where home games mentioned as ive posted many times most believed this was for away games domestic and semi finals and finals and also euro away trips ...sorry m8 but that's my take and many others
Call it what you will mate. I’ve outlined what I hope will happen in post #416.

We seen to have jumped straight from the MyGers tie-breaker for Arsenal, which is a unique test event, to assuming the same will apply for the other friendlies and beyond. I don’t think that will be the case but the primary point is we do NOT know.

Last edited:
Like every business that’s been closed over the last 18 months you mean? We both know that’s not happening. Any refunds will come out of Rangers pockets.
Scots Gov allowed 12500 in a level 2 stadium. It should be a full house in level 0. Would love to see this challenged in court

I didn't mention the livi game , where did that come from , am talking about the Arsenal game mate .
My bad mate, i thought you were talking about flag day.

The arsenal game has a 2000 capacity.

90% of that will be hospitality clients, whether people agree or disagree with this Rangers are doing exactly the same as every other club in Uk/europe by prioritising this group due to income it provides.

Ive also posted elsewhere in this thread that potentially the logistical challenges of trying to email 46000 season ticket holders at short notice 3 days before a game, have them respond, then contact the lucky few and advise them details/instructions/protocols/tickets/activate cards might have proved challenging in the extreme.

If people want to claim the club for refunds for not getting into the livi game when its entirely not the clubs fault then so be it.

Neither myself or any of the bears in our wee group plan to if we're not some of the lucky ones.

Will just need to bear it and watch it with the majority or other supporters on rtv/in pub and hope we get into the next home game.
Fair do's mate but why should i pay for a ST and not get same benefit as the guy next to me?

Is anyone really going to want a refund if we can attend Livi? surely to %^*& not

I think the concern would be if we have , say 50% capacity , for the whole season.

If mygers has 70% take up , and is used as ballot entry criteria, then the 30% non- mygers ST holders are never getting in.

I'm making up the numbers but you get the drift.

I'm in mygers but I get the concern.

Simple. Never forget these decisions. Scotland must stop voting for these c@#t$. Enough cheering Sturgeon on because she needles Johnson in debates, stop pretending "she's done really well" handling the pandemic, enough applauding their fake progressivism while schools fail. They are wrecking this country, and if yours and your family's lives go completely untouched by the consequences of their mismanagement, you're among the lucky ones.

I think the concern would be if we have , say 50% capacity , for the whole season.

If mygers has 70% take up , and is used as ballot entry criteria, then the 30% non- mygers ST holders are never getting in.

I'm making up the numbers but you get the drift.

I'm in mygers but I get the concern.
I will be absolutely staggered if mygers is used as criteria for league games.

But what are the club supposed to do mate?

its an impossible situation they find themselves in.
For one they should be lobbying for a test event for 31st for all STs. They should be pushing SPFL to raise with government.
If they have to go down ballot route they need to be transparent about it. They need to outline how many games will be affected and so offer compensation to those that dont get in.
The start of the league is 2 weeks away and there is nothing from the club. Similar to last season with the status quo etc after ST money in radio silence from the club. The lack of communication is atrocious.

My question is really what's going to happen to the friendly payments

Ie ive ticked all home friendly games only 2k for arsenal game ok get it but how do I watch game does it come off automatically as I've ticked it and get on rtv as season ticket holder or do I need but it separately of Rangers TV

I may have missed any comms that have came out but its really not clear what people have to do b
Would need to pay £7.99 for the game via Rangers TV unless you have bought the 5 match package?

Three is no need for any restrictions, full stop!!!

Absolutely farcical.
Totally correct, but Scotland is controlled by a dictatorship, simple as that. The sooner someone in Westminster has the balls to reverse devolution, the better, as it is now pretty clear it is the only way to get rid of the SNP dictatorship.

A ballot for all ST holders for league games as there’s not a cccs for league games

A ballot for all ST holders that ticked the friendlies cccs for the 3 friendly games, with mygers playing no part in the criteria

That’s all they can do really
For the league games im sure thats exactly what will happen.

regarding the friendlies will be interesting to see what the club decide to do for the brighton and madrid games as there will hopefully be an increased allowance in capacity plus they will have more time to organise.

Dont disagree with what youve said in general to be honest although the hospitality clients will be the first ones in as Ive explained elsewhere on this thread.

Is anyone really going to want a refund if we can attend Livi? surely to %^*& not
I think the point being made was that people could accept not getting in if they were part of the ballot but not if they were excluded because they were not in mygers.

Is my understanding right?

Hospitality and Bar72 ticket holders have already paid extra in their season tickets for friendlies, whereas "standard" season ticket holders only have paid for league games. Some of those season ticket holders have committed to pay for friendlies and cup ties, but none of them have actually paid up front.
That's why hospitality and Bar72 get first priority for friendlies as Rangers already have their money for the games.

If any tickets left for friendlies, which will be the case for Real Madrid but not Arsenal, then Rangers will give priority to season ticket holders who have ticked the CCCS box for friendly games as they have given the club a commitment for these games, and if there are too many of them, those within that group who also paid a MyGers subscription get first.

If all that is right, I would think if the Real game is allowed 18,000 to 20,000 fans, everyone who ticked the friendly box gets in as I doubt 20,000 ticked that box. So the MyGers thing becomes academic.

League games, for me, are totally different. Every season ticket holder, regardless of where the ticket is for, has given Rangers the money to be there. The only fair way to decide who gets in is an open ballot for everybody. And I say that as a season holder since the early 1980s, and a MyGers member. The one and only criteria to be in the ballot should be you have already paid to be there.
if the club use mygers for hone games that means I am paying for a game I have no chance of seeing if this is the case I will be looking for a refund for that game.

im happy to take my chances in a ballot with every other season ticket holder

Back