21s vs wrexham, Ibrox, Saturday

Domestic is no but overseas like the SPFL games?

Fair point, I hadn’t thought of that. Hopefully it is on, especially as I’m down in Cheltenham right now (but can be in ‘The Netherlands’ for the day). I’m not optimistic though.

As always with these games and the UEFA Youth League I’m more of the view that the priority should be bums on seats rather than us in ‘exile’.

I really thought this game would have hit 15,000-20,000.

It now looks like being nearer to 5,000. Still a great crowd for a youth game though.

We've sold about 1500 and Wrexham 750.

Hopefully pay day will see a surge.

Common practice not to announce it - sell as many tickets as they can and helps the club prepare better by the time the pay gate is announced they how much personal they need to staff the event
A bit of common sense from the club wouldn't go amiss though. There seems set to be less than 5,000 at this in a 50,000 stadium.

Last edited:
A bit of common sense from the club wouldn't amiss though. There seems set to be less than 5,000 at this in a 50,000 stadium.

It is club decision to play it at Ibrox, managed by the fact they want the Colts to experience playing at the stadium

It not just about how many turn up however they are keen to keep it under control this way, whatever the crowd is on Saturday it will be fantastic

Rather do it this way then have free for all on Saturday and it be a shambles

A pay gate should be announced at the day before the game

We always welcome any away fans that are there to enjoy the football, we run a very strict pub, but a friendly one. You can tell Mr Wonderful he and his like are not welcome and would be evicted with any amount of our 18 doormen. The rest of your fans would be made welcome.
If you let me know if you would like to use The Louden, let me know so I can order enough Rolls and Pies to feed you ( free of charge )
You will not visit a better football pub in the UK
your a credit to our support mate :)

I really thought this game would have hit 15,000-20,000.

It now looks like being nearer to 5,000. Still a great crowd for a youth game though.

We've sold about 1500 and Wrexham 750.

Hopefully pay day will see a surge.
Hopefully a lot of people like myself, Are just going to show up on the day. Assuming they have a pay at the gate facility.

Still no patg announcement, i know itll come but if folk knew early it could make alot of minds up and folk will plan to come

I take it there’s no Family Stand for this one? Hoping to take my wee one but sitting beside the UB might be too much for him!

I take it there’s no Family Stand for this one? Hoping to take my wee one but sitting beside the UB might be too much for him!

The only stand open at present is the Govan Front. The UB are in the Govan/Copland corner. You could easily buy seats at the other end - towards Broomloan - of the Govan Front.

Still no patg announcement, i know itll come but if folk knew early it could make alot of minds up and folk will plan to come

It'll likely be announced tomorrow afternoon. Tickets are on sale so if folk are undecided there's nothing stopping them making their minds up now.

It’s only the Govan Front open. UB are in Govan East Corner as stated above.

The club are refusing to sell tickets online for the UB section anyway so you’ll be fine.

Was just having a look at their forum,that Mr wonderful poster is now peddling the line about rangers fans stabbing celtic fans in that city centre pub!
Was that not dismissed at the time after the initial early reports of it being rangers fans when it turned out to be scum on scum and nothing to do with any fan of us?

Was just having a look at their forum,that Mr wonderful poster is now peddling the line about rangers fans stabbing celtic fans in that city centre pub!
Was that not dismissed at the time after the initial early reports of it being rangers fans when it turned out to be scum on scum and nothing to do with any fan of us?

I was in their board having a look also. They seem a right bunch of pr icks. Apparently the tims are teaming up with them.

Yes, it was Tim on Tim.

Much to their annoyance. They didn’t even care about their fellow fans getting stabbed, it was all about pinning the blame on us.

Then the truth came out... and they all magically disappeared.

Yes. The whole story was dropped quicker than Jordan's knickers by the mhedia once it transpired that Declan was in fact stabbed by Brendan.

Mr Wonderful talking out of his arse again.

Last edited:
890 is an impressive number for a competition that probably has little or no meaning to Wrexham.

I’m optimistic we can get up to 5k and more walk ups on the day if we have pay at the gate in place.

What’s the script regarding seating how many stands are open? Going up tomorrow as I have been working away al week. Going to get 4 tickets.

What’s the script regarding seating how many stands are open? Going up tomorrow as I have been working away al week. Going to get 4 tickets.

Currently just the Sandy Jardine Front and Sandy Jardine East Corner (Union Bears have this)

I've just been on the website and can't find any tickets for this match. Nothing. No mention of this match anywhere I can seen the ticketing areas of the site. But then again, the website is a total disaster, so not unexpected.

I’m not going to this match but I went along to Ibrox this morning to buy two tickets for my grandson and his pal (2 x £5) for the Govan East Corner, as they want to be in with the Union Bears for this match :)

I've just been on the website and can't find any tickets for this match. Nothing. No mention of this match anywhere I can seen the ticketing areas of the site. But then again, the website is a total disaster, so not unexpected.

See post #233. It’s ‘normal’ that they stop online sales when PATG is coming.

They have withdrawn online sales

Ooooh - are we all ready for the big drum roll for when the club are going to announce patg tomorrow. No common sense. No pragmatic approach. The usual, keep people in suspense wondering if there will be a patg, for a crowd of under 5k in a 50k stadium :rolleyes:

Back