25 victims in class action against Celtic

They have the cheek to print this nonsense after all these decades of ignoring the issue.

A Guardian investigation has also uncovered allegations of threats, intimidation, vandalism and social media attacks on the family of one victim of the Celtic Boys’ Club abusers. There is no suggestion these incidents are linked to anyone connected to Celtic FC or the Boys’ Club.
Who the %^*& else would they be connected to?

NASA
The black panthers
The peoples liberation front of judea

Always thought that was his end game.
And why shouldn’t he. Those guys have been through a lot in their lives, in some cases preciously short lives. It is not his job to sort out what went on at Celtic, he is there to represent the best interest of his clients. If that means they get an out of court settlement and don’t have to relive it all again through public cross-examination by the defence QC then that’s ok by me. I’m sure others will want their day in court and that’s also ok.

I said in work today that I normally don't talk about it, because I'll never use what happened at that cesspit to score points. However, this is now front page news, so I asked a couple of their lot about it and was told that it's poor bringing "that" up.

My response was that in their heads, the greater crime seems to be talking about it, rather than the crime itself. Conversation ended quite quickly after that.
I’ve felt out with a cousin when I said they are all guilty in the cover up they all knew and done nothing. They all are in denial he spat the dummy and doesn’t speak to me anymore

This is the stance every bear should take because they all did know and they all covered it up

I’ve felt out with a cousin when I said they are all guilty in the cover up they all knew and done nothing. They all are in denial he spat the dummy and doesn’t speak to me anymore

This is the stance every bear should take because they all did know and they all covered it up

It’s completely true.

They all knew. Every rotten one of them, and covered it up.

The entire rancid dump should be shut down, everything sold off and the entire proceeds handed out to the poor kid survivors of their shameful behaviour.

The most appalling aspect of this sickening issue is that the countless victims, whose lives have been destroyed, have been casually swept to the side or even ignored completely, simply to " keep the good name of the club upheld at all times. " Scotland is a toxic and corrupt little backwater.
And ignored by the Scottish government for the sole purpose of protecting Catholic votes.

I think the time has come to talk about it, basically.

For too long we've been accused of using what happened there to score points in a banter war. Couple of things on that.

1) Banter ended when Martin O'Squeal came here. From then on it was a siege mentality borne out of a make believe oppression.

2) Many have now been conditioned to believe that Rangers are THE enemy. Unionists, Tories, Protestants, the Orange Order, The Craft, all of them come under that banner in the mind of a pape.

When you blend this, you have individuals that now, a generation later, live to hate us and nothing more, often risking family, livelyhood and even lives to achieve max hate.

What this also does, is blind them to their own organisation's shortcomings. They cannot face their own scandals and failures. Christ, you could even extend that to the Scottish Government too.

It's time talk about their shortcomings. It's time to disregard the noise about Ryan Porteous and such complete non-points, and shine the "spotlight" on their rancid organisation.

In society, THEY are the problem.

It’s completely true.

The entire rancid dump should be shut down, everything sold off and the entire proceeds handed out to the poor kid survivors of their shameful behaviour.
Half a century of lies,deceit and depravity? The victims deserve justice and satisfaction, whatever transpires this national disgrace should never be forgotten. The heart wrenching experiences the victims and their loved ones have to endure is deplorable. This football institution should be erased from all competition after the many administrations and managerial failures over the decades? Bringing the game into disrepute doesn't cover it.

Question for the resident FF Legal Beagles.

Could the class action tactic work to Celtc's benefit?

Supposing they establish that they are a separate entity. It's not impossible given the state of the Scottish Justice system and how far their tentacles reach in SNP Scotland. Maybe that is why the recently introduced class action regulation came into being.
If they win with their separate entity stance then that can blow all the cases out of the water in one go rather than years of prolonged individual court cases and resultant press coverage.

It’s completely true.

If this was any other club in Scotland they would be shut down and the media would be moving heaven and earth to expose this scandal.

It's also worth noting that the "separate entity" defence was initially used by the RC church in the US when facing the first wave of claims for sexual abuse by priests. The church claimed the priests were self employed which I believe they are so the church had no responsibility. Completely rejected in the US.

Certain perpetrators are named as
Paedo 1 and Paedo 2 due to upcoming cases. When you see it listed like this then this tells you the magnitude of what went on.
Also keep in mind there are more charges to follow..

P1
(8 convictions)

3 convictions of shameless and indecent conduct between 1967 and 1974

3 victims

5 convictions of sexual abuse between 1986 and 1994

3 victims

P2 (6 convictions)

6 convictions of indecent assault and two charges of lewd, indecent and libidinous practices from 1965 to 1986.

8 victims - 4 St Columba’s Boys Guild, 4 Celtic Boys Club.

Case Code - GE19010036

McCAFFERTY (13 convictions)

1 conviction of sexual abusing a boy in Belfast.

12 convictions of sexual assault on young players between 1972 and 1986.

KING (5 convictions)

5 convictions of lewd and libidinous behaviour

5 victims

CULLEN (1 conviction)

Indecency against boys as young as 10 (took 250 photographs)

STRACHAN (22)

1 conviction of indecent assault on a child.

1 conviction of sexual assault on a 5-year-old boy.

3 convictions for possessing indecent photographs of children.

1 conviction of making indecent photographs of children.

1 conviction of distributing indecent photographs of children.

1 conviction of raping an 18-month-old boy.

3 convictions of lewd, indecent and libidinous practices towards a child.

1 conviction of lewd, indecent and libidinous practices and behaviour towards a
6-year-old boy.

1 conviction of participation in the commission of sexual offences including lewd, indecent and libidinous practices and behaviour, indecent assault, rape, sodomy and assault against children.

2 convictions of discussing carrying out sexual offences and assault against a child.

1 conviction of meet up with another, for the purpose of gaining access to and
committing sexual offences against male children.

1 conviction of using electronic communication with another, to state a desire to share a child for the purposes of committing sexual offences.

6 convictions of using electronic communication with another, to gain access to a child for the purposes of taking indecent images and committing sexual offences.

If you count each of the boys in Cullen's 250 photographs as individual victims, the total of directly attributable and documented victims of paedophiles with Celtic FC/Celtic Boys Club connections is 285.

Total number of convictions is 55 - and that's not counting the convictions that will arise from P1 and P2 upcoming trials.

Paedo 1 and Paedo 2 due to upcoming cases. When you see it listed like this then this tells you the magnitude of what went on.

P1
(8 convictions)

3 victims

3 victims

P2 (6 convictions)

6 convictions of indecent assault and two charges of lewd, indecent and libidinous practices from 1965 to 1986.

Case Code - GE19010036

KING (5 convictions)

5 victims

CULLEN (1 conviction)

STRACHAN (22)

6-year-old boy.

1 conviction of participation in the commission of sexual offences including lewd, indecent and libidinous practices and behaviour, indecent assault, rape, sodomy and assault against children.

2 convictions of discussing carrying out sexual offences and assault against a child.

1 conviction of using electronic communication with another, to state a desire to share a child for the purposes of committing sexual offences.

6 convictions of using electronic communication with another, to gain access to a child for the purposes of taking indecent images and committing sexual offences.

If you count each of the boys in Cullen's 250 photographs as individual victims, the total of directly attributable and documented victims of paedophiles with Celtic FC/Celtic Boys Club connections is 285.

Total number of convictions is 55 - and that's not counting the convictions that will arise from P1 and P2 upcoming trials.

God almighty.:(:(:(

For too long we've been accused of using what happened there to score points in a banter war. Couple of things on that.

1) Banter ended when Martin O'Squeal came here. From then on it was a siege mentality borne out of a make believe oppression.

2) Many have now been conditioned to believe that Rangers are THE enemy. Unionists, Tories, Protestants, the Orange Order, The Craft, all of them come under that banner in the mind of a pape.

When you blend this, you have individuals that now, a generation later, live to hate us and nothing more, often risking family, livelyhood and even lives to achieve max hate.

What this also does, is blind them to their own organisation's shortcomings. They cannot face their own scandals and failures. Christ, you could even extend that to the Scottish Government too.

It's time talk about their shortcomings. It's time to disregard the noise about Ryan Porteous and such complete non-points, and shine the "spotlight" on their rancid organisation.

Spot on. O’Neill took this to a new sinister level.

I notice the second article mentions the claim is against Celtic Plc. Now watch for the beggars mental gymnastics happening soon about thats the new company and the old company is no longer. All the while saying we are a new club. Its a very minor point compared to the gravity of the actual case. But it will be interesting to watch.
They keep saying they are one club since 1888.

They certainly know how to agitate and shit stir, faux offended and oppressed, I right!

Why state things you have no idea about as fact?

Your uninformed opinion is not a fact
Too much speculation going on here and none of us know what the outcome will be. What we do know, is this has got a lot further than even the biggest cynics on here have thought it would.

Our personal feelings on what should happen are irrelevant. It's about the suffering of others.

I think we really need to target the sponsors again. I contacted those bastards Knew Balance twice and got no response. I’d this was anyone else they be in tatters be now. Not these cunts, they’re still bleating their seperate entity shite.

The only way they’d take notice would be if there was a semi-successful social media campaign.

Emails, they just delete.

Last edited:

P1
(8 convictions)

3 victims

3 victims

P2 (6 convictions)

Case Code - GE19010036

KING (5 convictions)

5 victims

CULLEN (1 conviction)

STRACHAN (22)

6-year-old boy.

I knew it was bad.But that's truly shocking I hope and pray all the victims get justice

Byline: Mark Guidi

THE man who put Davie Moyes on the path to the top of management has tipped Manchester United's new boss to write his own success story at Old Trafford.

Frank Cairney was a Celtic Boys' Club coach who mentored 15-year-old Moyes after he won an S-form move from Drumchapel Amateurs in the summer of 1978.

And such was the impression Cairney made on Moyes they kept in touch right through his journey as a player from Celtic to Shrewsbury and Dunfermline and into management at Preston, Everton and now Old Trafford.

In fact their bond is so strong Moyes even confided in his old mentor during the past few days as he prepared to quit Everton after 11 years in charge to join one of the biggest clubs in the world. Cairney, who also helped shape the careers of the likes of Charlie Nicholas, Roy Aitken and Tommy Burns, said: "From early on I could see Davie was an excellent defender but more importantly he was a leader, a great listener, loyal and had a great knowledge of the game.

"He had the dressing-room's respect and I made him my captain. It was a great move. We won every trophy that season including the Scottish Cup. Jock Stein watched us beat Ayr United 3-0 in the final at Ashfield Juniors' ground.

"Davie is a credit to his family.

His dad Davie is a great football man and his late mother Joan was a lovely person.

"One of Davie's qualities was his ability to keep his team-mates in check. He wouldn't tolerate a drop in standards. He was also a great ambassador for Celtic Boys' Club and would deliver speeches on behalf of the club."

Moyes was disappointed when it didn't work out at Celtic and left in 1983 to join Cambridge United.

Cairney said: "Some players would have chucked it but Davie showed determination to uproot his wife Pamela and young family to move there for a few hundred quid a week.

"It was early on in the process he started to make moves towards coaching and management."

Preston was first up and that led to him taking over at Everton at the age of just 39.

Cairney recalls a phone call from Moyes the very day he was set to take charge of a dressing room with the likes of Duncan Ferguson, Paul Gascoigne and David Ginola.

Cairney said: "Davie was nervous but I told him to walk in there and look every player in the eye because he had earned it."

Cairney knows some people will question if Moyes has the ability to cope with the demands of being Sir Alex Ferguson's successor but he has no such concerns.

Cairney said: "Davie will be ready and focused. He'll have no problems managing superstars. He can have a laugh with the players then be the gaffer again."

————————————-

Bear in mind every cuńt and their dog Knew what that cuńt was about,, w der if Slug’s uncle John Christopher McGinn didnae know?

All of you complaining about the wording in the papers and on tv regarding the connection between CFC and CBC; until the connection is proven the press may have to report it that way, or be threatened by legal action.
Care to explain why? It's not like Celtic's claim of 'no affiliation' has been tested through legal proceedings. It is simply that, a claim eminating from Celtic FC., and responsible reporting would make this clear.

That your cousin would stop speaking to you because a football club employed paedophiles only serves to highlight what a depraved cult it is.

I'm sure it's been said on here before that there are victims who won't come forward because their own families have threatened to disown them.

Winning a trophy means more to them than stopping child abuse.

Too much speculation going on here and none of us know what the outcome will be. What we do know, is this has got a lot further than even the biggest cynics on here have thought it would.

Our personal feelings on what should happen are irrelevant. It's about the suffering of others.
It gets frustrating watching posters speculate. The Spotlight group hasn’t released everything yet.
I’ve said the following on the big thread. The reason we’re holding things back is due to the upcoming court cases.
Of course we would like to release everything now but it could harm upcoming cases.
We hold documents that have never been seen and are also in the correct hands.
I also said earlier in the thread that this is just the start. We strongly believe this.
I apologise if I’m being repetitive to some who have followed the big thread but this was a very well organised ring.
The heartbreaking thing is it’s went on for so long when it could have been stopped.
They chose to ignore it.

It gets frustrating watching posters speculate. The Spotlight group hasn’t released everything yet.
I’ve said the following on the big thread. The reason we’re holding things back is due to the upcoming court cases.
Of course we would like to release everything now but it could harm upcoming cases.
I also said earlier in the thread that this is just the start. We strongly believe this.
I apologise if I’m being repetitive to some who have followed the big thread but this was a very well organised ring.
The heartbreaking thing is it’s went on for so long when it could have been stopped.
They chose to ignore it.
No apologies needed at all. I'm astonished you's have got this far to be honest.

What your taking on here is very powerful, an alliance of govt, the RC church, never mind the actuall football club itself.

I read about the solicitors being celtic minded or catholic and protecting them, what absolute garbage. Every move they make, statement they come out with is damaging, tbh the solicitor being catholic has removed any deflection of anti irish/catholic propaganda which they would have used beyond doubt, and backed by holyrood.

It was always going to be a long haul.

Last edited:
There must be a mentality in the Roman Catholic/Celtic community in Scotland that view rape and abuse as a low level moral crime.An acceptable part of their culture and brushed of like these things happen get on with it.
Spot on. O’Neill took this to a new sinister level.
Have said this from day one its the Church worldwide they have paid out more in compensation etc than any other organisation

Have said this from day one its the Church worldwide they have paid out more in compensation etc than any other organisation
When you have a cult like organisation that controls their victims from the age of 4 or 5,using very tried and tested brain washing techniques it’s hard for individuals to buck the system break ranks and criticize their leaders.

No apologies needed at all. I'm astonished you's have got this far.
Not having a dig mate.
I am not astonished in the slightest.
The Spotlight team have taken this to another level of what I would call independent journalism. Seeking facts and getting the facts out there for all to see. If the so called journalists had done their jobs, there would be no need for it.
Many man hours and digging deep into the abyss have got them this far. Also, the way Spotlight have conducted themselves in this muddled media world should also be commended.

the Ulsterisation of Scotland mate .that was their game from the start and the Scottish electorate still don't see it as they continue to vote them in .A lost country .
I can only sit and shake my head tbh

Last edited:
Not having a dig mate.
I am not astonished in the slightest.
The Spotlight team have taken this to another level of what I would call independent journalism. Seeking facts and getting the facts out there for all to see. If the so called journalists had done their jobs, there would be no need for it.
Many man hours and digging deep into the abyss have got them this far. Also, the way Spotlight have conducted themselves in this muddled media world should also be commended.
I'm not doubting their commitment, just the powers that they have took on, is not easy and I would imagine they've all banged their head against the wall many times.

As history shows, taking on the powers that be is not an easy thing and can take years. I'll use Hillsborough as one example, but there's many more, in fact this programme on at the moment about Saville is another example of it.

I'm not doubting their commitment, just the powers that they have took on, is not easy and I would imagine they've all banged their head against the wall many times.

As history shows, taking on the powers that be is not an easy thing and can take years. I'll use Hillsborough as one example, but there's many more, in fact this programme on at the moment about Saville is another example of it.
No probs mate.
If you put it that way then I can understand your astonishment.
I don't personally know Spotlight members but by God, I'd like them on my side in a fight. No matter who the fight is against.

Catching up on thread I notice in post 586 referencing Davie Moyes ''winning'' a move to Celtic Boys Club, well there is another link for you. Boys who were playing for such as Drumchapel Ams, Eastercraigs,Possil YM, etc etc at the time were moved to Celtic BC if Celtic were interested in them.

They chose to ignore it.

I've always hoped that the many victims of that horrific entity posing as a football club finally receive justice and peace of mind. My own belief is Celtc knew that their day of reckoning was coming and have used the separate entity / anti-Irish / anti-Catholic defence from the last decade or so as a collective deflection against rightful criticism. There is no low that they will sink to avoid the inevitable public excoriation which is coming their way. Make no mistake, the dam will burst, and the world will know not only what they did do, but more importantly, what they refused to do, and protect those children and young adults from a living Hell. I urge everyone on social media to spread far and wide the video below. The victims deserve the truth to be heard.

Back