25 victims in class action against Celtic

Without a shadow of a doubt, when my wife came out at 30 and told her family of a decade of abuse her mother's second thought was to beg her not to jail the abuser. The first was to call her a liar. The third was 5 years after the court case was "isn't it about time you forget about it and get over it"
Despite a court mandated order for him never to attempt to contact her, during the 2nd year of his 15 year sentence he got his prison priest to attempt to contact her lawyer.

An ex, also brought up in that religion was raped twice at 12 by her brother-in-law and is convinced that her mother helped to arrange his and her sisters emigration to South Africa to cover it up.
Thats terrible mate im stunned reading that.

We’ve been here before and who knows it could probably happen again. So we fight on. I don’t know what other way to put this so here goes.
I know for a fact that survivors view these threads. Please will you Fck off with you’re negative posts and keep them to yourself. This is also happening on the other thread.
For those who choose to ignore me then believe me I know a whole lot more than what you do, so I’d advise you to keep it to yourself.
For the survivors looking in that know me.. Spotlight will continue to fight for justice. We are with you all the way. So we go again.
‘Liking’ this post seems wrong given the topic but keep going and best wishes to you in the fight for justice.

Thoughts with all the victims too.

Those that follow the big thread will know that Spotlight has more to release on this perpetrator amongst others.
Today, again we thought this was the day. What we have will keep for January.
The subject of the bastard dying before trial obviously keeps coming up. This maybe so but remember the club will still be there.

We’ve been here before and who knows it could probably happen again. So we fight on. I don’t know what other way to put this so here goes.
I know for a fact that survivors view these threads. Please will you Fck off with you’re negative posts and keep them to yourself. This is also happening on the other thread.
For those who choose to ignore me then believe me I know a whole lot more than what you do, so I’d advise you to keep it to yourself.
For the survivors looking in that know me.. Spotlight will continue to fight for justice. We are with you all the way. So we go again.
Well said.

I made the mistake of going into talkceltic.net. There was a link on a thread.

One post really stood out that I wrote it down.
From poster saltire78.

" They'd be daft to settle when they can get their pound of flesh in response to their historical slights ".

I still can't believe someone would say that.

Just out of curiosity, are the public able to submit a FOI to COPFS asking them to spell out the number of adjournments (and the reasons behind them) in relation specific accused persons?

It would be interesting to see in black and white just how many P1 and P2 have have over the course. It would be even better if it could be compared against another unrelated accused who had committed similar offences.

I had some personal experience myself of an abuser link to the Celtic “family” (albeit loosely), a photographer for the record or the mail, can’t recall which. He used to dish out trackside photographs to the kids in the area. Invited me and another friend to his house where we expected to see other pictures. Well we did but not football images. The whole experience stayed with me, the lad I was with was older and went for the auld poof and had him up against the wall where he crumbled into a pile of tears and snotters,” don’t tell anyone please etc”. We left sharpish and didn’t tell anyone, we were too scared to tell the police. It was the 70’s c77/78 but I’d wager that guy being in the loop with what was going on at Celtic Park. I passed this info on via spotlight but there’s not enough evidence and the guy will be long dead now.

I was 12-13 ffs. I feel ashamed we didn’t call the police on the old bastard. The memory lives with me today. I’m grateful that the other kid was with me, god alone knows what may have happened.

Last edited:
Back