A look back at one of the most blatantly corrupt Referee performances by Kevin Clancy

I think it's post 64 you should really be replying to ......that's if you have an answer...
Go on any football board and fans will say the same thing about referees with in their games, the rotten mob have made a full time career out of referees being perceived to be biased masons, killie or Motherwell fans saying only big teams get decisions.. Our referees are piss poor , we don’t get them selected for the euros or world cups because they are that bad. leave the conspiracy theorys to the rotten mob, if you think referees are cheating and corrupted rather than downright piss poor at their job you might as well as chuck watching rangers.

Go on any football board and fans will say the same thing about referees with in their games, the rotten mob have made a full time career out of referees being perceived to be biased masons, killie or Motherwell fans saying only big teams get decisions.. Our referees are piss poor , we don’t get them selected for the euros or world cups because they are that bad. leave the conspiracy theorys to the rotten mob, if you think referees are cheating and corrupted rather than downright piss poor at their job you might as well as chuck watching rangers.
We have seen our footballing authorities conspire to hand celtic a title, delay the first OF game last season, no punishments for dubai etc

Is it really that hard to believe referee's cheat?

We have seen our footballing authorities conspire to hand celtic a title, delay the first OF game last season, no punishments for dubai etc

Is it really that hard to believe referee's cheat?
Bud, I like to think cheating or corruption doesn’t affect how we play on the park, I get uncomfortable when bears start comparing us to that mob, next thing is fans will be asking for private detectives to follow referees in their private life or demanding foreign referees officiate our games. We would be one step away from throwing sharks in the car park ffs

Who was the ref that refused to send the lb off at Ibrox?

I might be talking shite here but I’m sure the ref says he did everything he could to keep lennon on the park

Just like COVID 19 we have to live with these human diseases like Clancy. Just like COVID we will endure and rise above this horrible pandemic that is scotshit referees and spfl/sfa. We will beat them all.

I'd say that's the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen. I don't think for 1 second that Beaton is a cheat but that day he was having 1 effin terrible day at the office.
Nah, Beaton at Ibrox against Hibs was either cheating or he’d been told that we weren’t allowed to win.

I’m no moonhowler, but that wasn’t just a bad day at the office. It was blindly obvious what was going on.

Think it looks worse than it was there - I doubt he meant to grab him there. I'd concede that could be a yellow though.

But the Julie-Anne one wasn't a foul by him. If anything Alfie tripped him.

How can Morelos trip Jullien when he's got his body in front of him? It's impossible.

I was absolutely fizzing that day as the game went on. A total cheat. I was half expecting him to try and header the ball at their corner near the end and I’m not joking

I don't know why you insist on addressing me as I said post 64 is who you should be answering back ....he's the one who made you look a bit foolish....

thats astonishing, i remember it being bad but FFS, the one that stuck with me was Jack, ball at his feet, McGregor comes in misses the ball and kicks Jack - free kick Dims ???????????? even in the video u see Tav holding his head thinking WTF ?????

u only have to look at Clancy though, defo one of them, the dour, horrible, sleeket dont fking trust a word they say look of a man, yep a wrong un.....

if its any consolation since then, our team has further improved, theirs still declining, even with a cheat / placeman of a ref. we wipe the floor with these c8nts ;-)

I just need to read the title to know what game it is, was blatant cheating and amazing the team managed to overcome it but the suspension for Alfie in ‘Clancy time’ ended up costing us.

The Julien one on Morelos is the worst for me. Not only should it have been our free kick, it was a blatant red card. I think Clancy is the worst referee I have ever seen and in my opinion there seems to be a real hatred of Morelos. He had multiple wrong decisions that day on Alfredo:

1. Christie in the video (should have been a red card, was banned retrospectively)
2. Boligoli in the video (should have been second yellow and red card)
3. Julien in the video (should have been red card)
4. A shirt pull on Morelos in the box in the first half that wasn't shown in the video
5. The two footed challenge on Goldson, Clancy points to Morelos suggesting he gave the foul against him, no idea what for.

I never saw that game for over a week as I was on holiday. Watched it once I got home, and even though I knew the result, still found myself shouting at the ref after about 15 minutes.

Quite incredible to think that rather than be demoted to officiate in lower /amateur league football after this. Clancy was awarded the next Celtic home match and another two before the season ended.

Footage also doesn't mention the fact that Clancy also added on extra minutes after the injury time had been exceeded after he sent Morelos off.

To think that the only outcome over this was for Morelos to get another ban again by the SFA and Rangers coach Michael Beale receiving a FIVE match ban for calling Clancy out in a touchline spat.

Ironically when the Scottish mhedia regularly drag up contentious decisions against Celtic when a Referee is about to take charge of their game. Absolutely nothing was ever reported on the performance of Clancy that day. It was every bit as corrupt as the performance of Beaton where he helped ensure Hibs would defeat Rangers at Ibrox in a similar outrageous performance. In both games despite Rangers being kicked off the park. It was Rangers that were reduced to ten men.

That video seems to miss the double booking with Scott brown, the extra 2mins added on and the quickest red card for Morelos you will ever see

I'd had this down as the most openly corrupt performance I'd ever seen, and only watching that do I realise that I didn't even remember the half of it.

Any half-decent organisation would have had full blown investigations after this. In fact I still think Rangers themselves should have been kicking up absolute fck in the aftermath of this one.
The beggars, and their media lackeys would have been all over this, if it was the other way around, and i'll include the republicans in the SNP.

Undeniable and this is the game that convinced me that Clancy truly is a cheating corrupt biased pr*ck of a man.

The rest are just beyond incompetent but his performances are nothing more than pro Celtic bias. Cheat!

Pretty sure he got 3 of their next 4 home games after that match before the season came to an end. Was 4 appearances away from getting a league winners medal he had done so many games for them.

His display was a disgrace that day he tried in anyway he could to get us beat but failed miserably. Shame he's a poor ref cause he's actually a decent guy know him well as he was a member of the same golf club as me and played football with his brother.

One of only very few games that has led me to believe genuinely that a referee was cheating.

if they have a bad game should be making mistakes both ways, no sign of that in this match. one way traffic only.

I love complication videos like this being made. It's cracking ammo, it helps you destroy paranoid 19th Century Terrorists without saying a word. I hope for more of them. Is there one of Beaton v Hibs?

You just knew what game it was going to be before opening the thread, horrendous.

We nearly had coronaries when the 6 mins was put up!!

Can't believe some people are putting this performance down to a "poor day at the office" from Clancy because saying he cheated that day is "Timmy behaviour". It was the most blatant example of a ref trying every under-handed trick in the book to ensure that his team never lost a game. When there's 8 or 9 major talking points that he got "wrong" which included a penalty to us, 2 second yellows for 2 Celtic players but he gave some of them in favour of Celtic, you know it's more than just a poor performance. Then there's the 2-3 minutes over the injury time that came from nowhere.

The only game I’ve actually attended and actively thought the ref was cheating. Towards the end me and my mate burst out laughing at a decision.

For me this day was different to Beaton v Hibs. I think Beaton just lost the place that day and was out of his depth. Clancy was calculated.

Rancid bastard. Never forget this. Bears saying this was just a ‘poor performance’ are part of the problem.

If I remember it right Clancy played more ”added time” during the actual added time than he did in the 90 minutes of the game.
During that added time he got the opportunity to book Morelos for a second time.

The fact the OP has isolated one game is kind. This creep has cheated without shame for his whole fucking career.

Clancy was disgraceful that day but what were the assistant referees doing? I can understand Clancy’s failure to see Julien’s blatant shirt pull on Morelos that should have been a penalty but the Jungle side linesman was in line with the incident and would have seen it clearly. Similarly, Bolongoli’s arm and shirt pull on Tavernier was a clear yellow card, a second yellow that wiuld have meant a red card. The officials are in radio contact with each other so did they communicate with Clancy and he ignored them or were they too scared to do so? But the worst decision that day was Christie’s two-footed off the ground lunge that connected with Goldson’s shin as he shot at goal from 12 yards. Not only did Clancy not award the penalty kick for what was a dangerous challenge and might well have drawn a red card he actually penalised Goldson and awarded Celtic a free kick. Similarly, when Callum McGregor made a wild attempt to kick the ball but kicked Ryan Jack in the shins he penalised Jack and awarded the free kick to Celtic. Again, what was the stand side linesman doing?

He is utterly useless. When it comes to Rangers he also can't hide his hatred. The club should make sure he never refs us again but won't. No way will our letter demand he never comes near us again.

Back