A new Rangers bar opened up in Paisley (Inn on the corner)

You’ve never set foot in UK have you.
The way you are going on it sounds like you are 12 years old and been living in downtown Chicago and have found someone’s FF login details and you’re wanting to mess with the big boys using big boy language.
As you are new to FF I’ll give you a tip, never (indeed ever) criticise cats in any way, not even if you are “clearly” joking and you assume everyone else will get the fact that it was just a joke, just don’t do it.
What or who are cats?

Paisley is indeed a shithole, the amount of junkies in it is up there with the EastEnd!!!
Harsh.

Just like every town and city in Scotland, it has its good areas and bad areas.

Castlehead, Potterhill, Ralston, Thornly Park, etc are nice areas, and some streets like Park Road, South Avenue, Sunnyside Road, have homes to match almost anywhere in Scotland. Some houses pushing £1m in Paisley now.

Barshaw Park is nice, and buildings like the Abbey and the Coats Memorial are outstanding.

It is much safer walking through Paisley town centre as opposed to some parts of Glasgow city centre these days. And there are more poverty stricken areas as a whole in Glasgow than in Paisley.

Harsh.

Castlehead, Potterhill, Ralston, Thornly Park, etc are nice areas, and some streets like Park Road, South Avenue, Sunnyside Road, have homes to match almost anywhere in Scotland. Some houses pushing £1m in Paisley now.

Barshaw Park is nice, and buildings like the Abbey and the Coats Memorial are outstanding.

It is much safer walking through Paisley town centre as opposed to some parts of Glasgow city centre these days. And there are more poverty stricken areas as a whole in Glasgow than in Paisley.
Some folk think Paisley think Ferguslie and it's really not the case.

Paisley is an OK town to live.

The shopping is now dead but the commutes to Glasgow short, its near the airport and to the South there is the countryside.

I moved out a few years ago

Harsh.

The area round the RAH is a nice area too..

The area round the RAH is a nice area too..
Yeah that would be Corsebar, and there are loads of nice pockets. Stanely Road, Calside, Brodie Park, the Mill apartments, some of the streets off Glasgow Road, then you have Elderslie next door too. Plus loads of decent new estates popping up every few months. Some of those new builds are going for up to £1/2m.

Yeah that would be Corsebar, and there are loads of nice pockets. Stanely Road, Calside, Brodie Park, the Mill apartments, some of the streets off Glasgow Road, then you have Elderslie next door too. Plus loads of decent new estates popping up every few months. Some of those new builds are going for up to £1/2m.
My dad used to stay on Mansionhouse road. Nice part of the town that.

House on Stanely Road just went up for sale, offers over £750k

Pretty sure that’s owned by the gangster guy that owns Glasgow Taxis.
It was Stevie Malcolm’s daughters house but she rarely stayed there. Believe she lives in Spain / Tenerife now.

He owns Renfrewshire Cab Co. Also has a few companies including GlasGOw taxis.

Does the council not decide who gets a license....?
How many bears are applying for a license and being turned down for city centre pubs?

The scum pubs can play the "Oirish" card the rest of the time there isn't football on, there's loads of plastic paddy type pubs across europe

If I buy a ten journey flexi ticket form gilmour street to central, can I also use Canal Street or Hawkhead on the same ticket to central??

Just thinking I usually meet a few people at Tradeston Services club and close to Drumbreck station.

Spent many a school holiday visiting my wee granny's sister Isa in the tenements, above the Wellington bar, near Canal St Station in the 70's.

If I buy a ten journey flexi ticket form gilmour street to central, can I also use Canal Street or Hawkhead on the same ticket to central??

Just thinking I usually meet a few people at Tradeston Services club and close to Drumbreck station.
In the Scotrail app you can select 'Paisley Any' and 'Glasgow Any' and it will cover you.

Wtf :))

£7500 opening costs (whatever the %^*& that means) and £11000 Pa rent and the pub can be yours …. Robert Marshall!

As a kid in the late 60s/early 70s I lived in a slum in KP , my Aunt stayed in Brediland (Foxbar..ish) visiting was like going to a different world, then.

BTW, Paisley was a great night out in the 80's/90's
Paisley currently has a thriving social scene every weekend with numerous live bands playing in clubs such as the Bungalow and RocknRollas, as well a few pubs as well like the Old Swan and the cave.
Paisley is well worth a visit for a night out these days.

Its been taken over by the Anchor Bar owners

Chatted to owner on launch, they show no football and lets just say, don't lean towards the Blue side of Glasgow

Month to month lease from what I’ve been told. Will probably be shut again after Xmas as I don’t see how it can run at a profit. Tea gardens across the road was up for lease, unsure if anyone has signed on the dotted line to take it over.

Month to month lease from what I’ve been told. Will probably be shut again after Xmas as I don’t see how it can run at a profit. Tea gardens across the road was up for lease, unsure if anyone has signed on the dotted line to take it over.
Tea Gardens lease was a formality. Same people have it, but the Brewer had to advertise at last lease end.

Inn on the Corner will be fine, as they closed the anchor bar and took all their regulars with them

If you stayed in the southwest Glasgow 80/90's you were blessed with both Paisley and Shawlands as great night outs, close by.
Been a while, not sure how both compare now.

Last edited:
Back