Votes: 272 21.8%
  • Aribo

Votes: 251 20.1%
  • Morelos

Votes: 18 1.4%
  • Arfield

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Clean sheet is a bonus, any win will do with no red cards.

MON THE RANGERS!! WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!

Would be a bit surprising if Balogun did start after Edmunson has been decent in preseason and we haven't conceded. Imagine unless the big fridge is injured he'd be a bit gutted. Hopefully Morelos screws the nut and ragdolls that big hammy McKenna

As a pessimist, I always hope for the best, but expect the worst. I'm cautious because we are playing an Aberdeen team who have taken 9 points from last 7 league matches and eliminated us from 2 cups, 2 seasons ago. Since our return to the top division 4 seasons ago, our 1st league results are
2016 Rangers 1 Accies 1
2017 Motherwell 1 Rangers 2
2018 Aberdeen 1 Rangers 1, Morelos sent off after 12 minutes
2019 Killie 1 Rangers 2, last minute Goldson winner.
Shows its a hard match but we have the quality to win, especially with Cosgrove and Main missing which might force Aberdeen to play football. I hope Alfie is focused.
Let's do it Rangers.

Last edited:
With the game being played without fans I think it will be far more difficult for the referee to award ridiculous decisions against us. It will be more blatant if he does and he’ll be getting it right from our bench and players.
Therefore I think we will win by a decent margin.
I’m going 0-3 with Hagi, Tavernier and Edmundson to score

Whatever the result just remember the season didn’t finish today. Better Rangers teams have failed to win the opening game. Having said that, I can see us getting off to a good start.

Shagger
Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic
Kamara Jack Aribo
Hagi Morelos Kent

Would be harsh on Edmundson but I'd give this a go.

(Mainly because I got Balogun in my fantasy fitba team and I'll get a point off if he doesn't play)

As a pessimist, I always hope for the best, but expect the worst. I'm cautious because we are playing an Aberdeen team who have taken 9 points from last 7 league matches and eliminated us from 2 cups, 2 seasons ago. Since our return to the top division 4 seasons ago, our 1st league results are
2016 Rangers 1 Accies 1
2017 Motherwell 3 Rangers 3, lost last minute goal
Shows its a hard match but we have the quality to win, especially with Cosgrove and Main missing which might force Aberdeen to play football. I hope Alfie is focused.
Let's do it Rangers.

2017 we beat Motherwell 2-1, Dorrans with a double. Valid points however.

Wonder if we will showcase the new away kit today . Looks minted . We normally wear blue but on occasion we’ve worn the white at pittodrie .

tenor.gif

The lack of supporters in a competitive game is going to be interesting.

Pessimistically though I fear it could be a draw.

Club have said we will. Having seen it in the shop I’m tempted but looking to see what the black third is like up close first.

Ive only seen the third kit in one picture mate but I don’t like it at all. Black with an off-orange piping and lettering . The white kit blows it out the park , it’s stunning .

On paper, we win this game every time.

I'm confident we'll get 3 points today if can get even 90% of everyone playing at their best today.

Just let the football do the talking today Rangers, quality will always prevail.

3-1 Rangers.

Dolly will deploy their usual tactics against us today. Low block and their cloggers flying into tackles knowing fine well that Madden will turn a blind eye.

I’m worried it could be a long day unless Aribo Kent or Hagi pull off some magic

That said I hope we win 5-0

2016 Rangers 1 Accies 1
2017 Motherwell 1 Rangers 2
Let's do it Rangers.

very good post mate, ive bring same similar since fixtures announced.

of course we have better players, weve had better players the past couple of seasons also but have still atruggled against aberdeen.

this is 100% the hardest opening fixture we could have given(no coincidence the spl ‘computer’ selected this’) and people expecting us to role up and hand out a drubbing are in for a rude awakening.

any victory will do today but it will be anything but easy.

just do it rangers.

Ive only seen the third kit in one picture mate but I don’t like it at all. Black with an off-orange piping and lettering . The white kit blows it out the park , it’s stunning .
The white does look classy with nice shades or blue and red, not too loud. Reminds me of the old white in row with the red and blue V from 2011/12. The black could end up looking more like a t-shirt.

The white is better in shop images than the pic I saw before today I’m hoping the black is the same.

Fantastic. A sure sign we're heading for normality. Doc Stone's match thread and the Famous playing Dolly later today. Any three points and no more injuries and I'll be happy. This season is a must win every game scenario, even if it means winning by playing ugly football. It's all about the points now.

Back