Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 16:30 Sunday - BT Sports

Middleton is a winger.

Usual negativity on here when nobody has a clue how it's going to pan out.

I am not being negative just saying how i see it.

I would love nothing more than him to perform ffs.

All i can hope is hes obviously kicked on in training going by gerrards comments that you dont play if you arent turning up

Sadiq is ready, big man was given time aff to film Haunting of Hill House

william-hill-_pre-bowler-hat_-photo-u2

Rangers are going to win today 4-1 or 4-0.

We will score 2 before the 30 minute mark.

I’ll be coming back to remind you all of this post. WATP
I fancied 5-1 to us before our lethargic efforts on Thursday. Going for a 2-0 win for us now.

I don't think so. We are in a position where we are forced to play either:

A) a player out of position
or
B) a player who hasn't really impressed, but in his natural position.

Don't really see it being a major issue.
That’s a leap of faith, bud.
I’ve never believed that a player cannot play in other positions, maybe not with the same expertise of course, but I’m struggling to see the advantage of playing an unproven player over playing a proven player in a secondary position.
Hopefully, I’m totally wrong here.

You don't see playing a young, 5ft 7 winger as your target man as a risk?

Of course. But at least Middleton has contributed to the first team success and not looked out of place. He has pace, control, can take on a player and can finish.

When Lafferty's played, there's been a tendency to go long with a high ball. I've no idea of Sadiq's abilities in the air.

I don't think it's unfair for anyone to be surprised by and to query Sadiq's inclusion. Let's hope it's not a talking point post-game.

I can't imagine dolly have worked out much of a game plan to deal with Sadiq & won't really know what to do with him - so they will revert to fouling him right from the start

He won't be AM or KL's equivalent - but
Even if Sadiq doesn't play a blinder - he has the potential to be a real handful & may tie up defenders leaving gaps for others

The game plan from Dolly will be the same as it is every week.

Get that big horse’s arse McKenna to blooter fcuk out of the opposition centre forward.

Biggest hatchet man in Scotland right now.

I hope somebody elbows his ugly dial sometime soon.

Last edited:
You either trust the manager or not. We on here do not see these players everyday and the manager / coaching staff do. Its a team effort to pick our team with Gerrard having the final say and starting Umar wouldnt have been an easy decision but its his and hes done it as he believes its right. I would rather he started and see what he does than having to believe he can come on and change the game.

I agree, as much as I wasn’t keen on some of the names being mentioned as a stand in striker Gerrard’s now went for someone he didn’t rate to come off the bench or sometimes even be on it. Big gamble and one I hope pays off.

It is not a huge gamble at all. If an untested player was stuck in at central defence, that would be a gamble.

If it doesn’t work out for Umar we go back to the plan of playing with 3 forwards but not a recognised centre forward.

I hope this bears fruit because the last thing I want to see is our manager being slated on here if things don't work out.

I don't think our manager has thrown him in through desperation,let's bear that in mind.

He must have shown something in training and has a point to prove.

We don't know how he'll play. Gerrard knows a lot more than I do so we have to trust him. Sadiq could play well and force himself into the team on a regular basis. He could help us win the League this year. Prefer to think positively on this one.

The one thing Sadiq has had about him is he’s looked a handful physically. He’s quick and strong and awkward to play against. So as a target man it makes some sense to use him in a game that will be physical.

The question for me is how he handles it when these hammer-throwers put the boot through him throughout. He can’t hide or we’ll be fcked. We need a fighting performance to put these c@nts to the sword today.

I hope our support are patient with big Sadiq today and give him plenty of encouragement.
The gaffer wouldn't have started him if he didn't think he was physically ready and capable of doing something.
Walter very often threw in a surprise starter in old firm games. Great chance for him!

I hope this bears fruit because the last thing I want to see is our manager being slated on here if things don't work out.

I don't think our manager has thrown him in through desperation,let's bear that in mind.

He must have shown something in training and has a point to prove.

Yeah, he's been out the team for a reason. It's time for him to repay the gaffer's trust.

That’s a leap of faith, bud.
I’ve never believed that a player cannot play in other positions, maybe not with the same expertise of course, but I’m struggling to see the advantage of playing an unproven player over playing a proven player in a secondary position.
Hopefully, I’m totally wrong here.

Dont get me wrong, I could see the argument for playing Middleton or Kent through the middle, but I don't think it's as big a move as others are saying. I can certainly understand it.

Thought Grezda might have started up front but looking forward to seeing how Sadiq does.

As long as the midfield gets a grip of the game we’ll be fine.

The game plan from Dolly will be the same as it is every week.

Get that big horse’s arse McKenna to blooper fcuk out of the opposition centre forward.

Biggest hatchet man in Scotland right now.

I hope somebody elbows his ugly dial sometime soon.

Always thought he was really overrated. Don't see what the big deal made about him was for.

What a we going for when we score ?

Goooooooooooal
Goaaaaaaaaaaaal
Yeeeeeeeeeeees
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Or one for big Sadiq

Fluuuuuuuuuuuute

At the end of the day,

It is surely make or break for Umar and, if it is clearly not working, he can be hooked after 30 or 45 minutes with not much harm done - it's not like he is being thrust in as an emergency centre back. On the other hand he may just rise to the occasion and surprise us all !

Despite the Gaffer and super Ally both stating the "cut above Aberdeen" statement was purely about the last game, BT sport still trying to stir it by saying it out of context again!

they are really pushing that gerrard thinks we are a class above narrative arent they? EVEN WITH THEM BEING CORRECTED TWICE by the man himself and ally they still try and make out aberdeen have been disrespected.

Of course. But at least Middleton has contributed to the first team success and not looked out of place. He has pace, control, can take on a player and can finish.

When Lafferty's played, there's been a tendency to go long with a high ball. I've no idea of Sadiq's abilities in the air.

I don't think it's unfair for anyone to be surprised by and to query Sadiq's inclusion. Let's hope it's not a talking point post-game.

I don't disagree with you on the contribution factor, but we're in a very uncomfortable position and starting anyone there would be a gamble. At least we've got someone that can hopefully win a ball in the air.

Brave call, although we don't see them in training! Trust the managers call, and I'm sure we'll see wee Glen and Eros when their legs start going!!!

Who’s the ex Aberdeen player alongside Miller? I’m sure we were linked in the Warburton days but cannot for the life of me remember his name.

Back