Match Thread Aberdeen v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - Sky Sports

Brilliant from Defoe.

Massive credit to the gaffer. Brave move to put Defoe up there given how the game was going. Fortune favours the brave.

Superb.

I was thinking it'd be laff for the closing down and holding up attributes. Defoe and Katic were masterstrokes.

Last edited:
Fukin love this man and the Teddy Bears.

Sheer joy.

fe1ks5.jpg

Congratulations to Steven Gerrard for some good substitutions at the right time.
Bringing on big Nikola to win the aerial battles Jermain to take any chances that might fall and Lassana to keep us competitive did make us look solid.
It almost reminded me of one of the early Europa league games when we were down to nine and 10 man.
There are times that the boss needs to take credit even though Aberdeen did didThere are times that the boss needs to take credit even know Aberdeen did look the better side for long periods of the game.
I hate to say it but Shinnie is a hell of a player.

Brilliant result, good substitutions by SG and tactically astute set up.Never really in doubt apart from referee angst.

Good result but I won't have the wool pulled over my eyes, there's a predictable reliance on crossing from Tav and Candeias and no flair on the wings. That's precisely why Clarke made a gameplan to put us behind in the league.

Greg Stewart looked like Messi against Barasic because our wingers just cross it

Well done the Bears. Alfie got sent off for nothing there , he done more in his sending off that got rescinded. The big donkey reacted to a touch on his arse.

Was that a good game I just watched. It seemed like it. However, I was far too tense watching that to decide

Great result, three very much needed points. Our season is still alive and Choo-Choo 55 is still on track for the ultimate destination :))

Is it too early for anywhere to be showing goals/highlights? Not got sky

Couldn't avoid missing it tonight unfortunately

I had the sound down there for injury time as i could not stand listen to crocker and walker willing them to score,turned it up pretty sharply when defoe scored mind you.
Horrible place to go for us and we got the 3 points,well done rangers

Huge win, and we’re still in it.

Morelos a yellow only for me, and we should appeal. Not that I expect to win another appeal for Alfredo as the agenda will now be getting set.

Even Walker said at the time he thought he was unlucky. I keep reading how good McKenna is, yet every time I see he looks like a basic big SPFL clogger.

I even watched Curtis Main of Motherwell rip him apart in a Scottish Cup Demi last season. I would be quite happy for them to take him.

My only grumble was second half we played as if we didn’t realise they also had ten men, and Barisic was giving me the fear against Stewart.

Still best away result of the season, and now on to another huge game on Saturday.

Happy bear tonight.

As gruesome as the 2nd half was we have bagged the 3 points which was the objective.
I now await yet another public decrying of Alfie and Greegs. We will hear little of the boot in the face or the stamp by Ferguson(?) on Greegs. Defoe does what Defoe does and I will admit to a wee jig around the hotel room when scored.
Wasn’t pretty but 3 points winning ugly is all part of the game

Back