Accies fans?

I respect Hamilton fans more than other fans to be honest, despite the low numbers.

No matter how they are doing they seem to have a steady fan base. Not like other clubs where they have bigger attendances but pick and chose what they want when they are winning. Clubs like Killie for example, doing well and attendances rise, doing poorly and the ground is empty yet the ones I know don't admit it.

Quite simply.....where the hell were they!
My 9 year old and I counted about 40!!!! I know their average home attendance is only about 3,000 but 40??
Good grief...
How demoralising.
Would you pay to watch them?

Probably the most negative team we've faced this season.

11 men behind the ball at all times, cynical foul after cynical foul, time wasting whilst 1- 0 down.

It's embarrassing.

I could disagree with you about some of those things, but none of it really matters.

Bottom line = football merit. Accies are in the top flight because we're better than the alternatives. However much you disagree with how the club is organised, we put a team on the field that in recent years has bested Hibs, Dundee United, Inverness, Ross County, Partick Thistle, and sits this season above Dundee and St Mirren.

We don't pay stupid player salaries or transfer fees. We don't waste money on facilities nobody will use. We develop young talent. And we compete to the best of our ability.

We are nothing like a junior team. We are an SPFL top flight team on merit.
My mates boy has just signed for the youths, great set up.
Sports science for an hr every week as well as 3 nights training.

Well run club who are punching above their weight with a good youth setup.
Some people crying because they don't have a big ground therefore harder to get away tickets.

As for @academical he's both a deviant and a good guy, never been anything other than decent on here.

Correct. They bring absolute nothing to this league.

In fact they would bring nothing to the championship either.

In the last decade Rangers have brought very little to the Champions League results wise, should that mean we are banned from qualifying? What about Red Star or clubs like Ludogorets? If you have won enough matches to get yourself in to that position you deserve the chance to compete surely? Hamilton are in the league by merit, they deserve to be there more than teams in the Championship.

I couldn't believe the time wasting. I said so during the match. Why would you so blatantly waste time when you're losing?

The only answer I could come up with is that Hamilton were happy to lose and not be embarrassed.

Tight at the bottom and could come down to goal difference. Possibly that? I couldn't see the game yesterday so cant say much more on the time wasting.

Accies are one of the few clubs in Scotland that I still have respect/ a soft-spot for. Maybe that is down to going along to their community courses back in the 90s and going to their games when I couldn't get to Ibrox. The fact that being from EK, they were technically the "local" team for many years was also a factor - even though they spent most of the 90s on their travels....

They'll never be a big club, but they get by.
They only really have half a ground and yeah, it doesn't look great on TV - but they at least have a place to call home again.
They are in the top division on merit and put some so-called 'bigger' clubs to shame. Going by that logic;

Dundee shouldn't be relegated because they can muster decent numbers?
Hibs should have been spared relegation a few years back? Ironically it was Accies that put them down...
Airdrie and Falkirk should be in the top league because their grounds look decent on the TV?

Just because they are a wee club and their stadium isn't the best doesn't mean they should be chucked out ffs

Last edited:
Would you pay to watch them?

Probably the most negative team we've faced this season.

11 men behind the ball at all times, cynical foul after cynical foul, time wasting whilst 1- 0 down.

It's embarrassing.

Aberdeen have played the same way against us 3 times this season mate . It’s the done thing , thats why looking forward to Hivs game .

My neighbour is a Hamilton fan but has told me he ain’t attending any more games until Canning is canned. Not sure who he’s expecting to come in but apparently his style of football is really pissing off a lot of supporters. Must say, no wonder, they looked happy to play for a 0-1 today, timewasting when a goal down.

They were hoping to hold on to a 0-1 with the chance of a set piece leading to a goal (and at the very end, it almost worked).

Incredible that we give away fans with a small support such a large section. Yesterday you could have given Hamilton the back of the GWC and sold the rest to bears. 1,000 or so extra seats available, less bears miss out on seeing us play and Rangers make extra cash. Hamilton is a very low level game in terms of security, so fan's using the same turnstiles is unlikely to be an issue. In the end, the fan loses again, if that were celtic and they could actually sell the spare tickets they'd have the Hamilton support pressed as far into that corner as they could get them, we on the other hand allow them 10 seats to a fan.

I actually have a lot of time for Accies.

Their youth coaching set up is superb and they are producing a lot of talented young players. For that reason alone, they are to be applauded.

However, that yesterday was really poor. An entire away section given over to about 40 people just looked ludicrous on TV.

Rangers really need to think about camera or away section positioning, because that was embarrassing for the game in Scotland yesterday.

Everything about hamilton is bollocks
Players
Fans
Stadium
Pitch.
They’re like a junior team,I’d like them to get relegated
You obviously know not a jot about the club and what they offer to the local community in Hamilton. They may be a small club but others could learn big time from them when it comes to a local club.
I have no wish either way if Hamilton stay up or not it will have no effect on Rangers so who cares but you know nothing about the work they do.

You obviously know not a jot about the club and what they offer to the local community in Hamilton. They may be a small club but others could learn big time from them when it comes to a local club.
I have no wish either way if Hamilton stay up or not it will have no effect on Rangers so who cares but you know nothing about the work they do.
Read what I’m saying ffs.
I understand they do a lot for the local community and fair play to them but they still have no fans,a shite pitch and a shite stadium.

The point I’ve always made is that they have a shit ground,pitch,fans and players.
At no point did I slate what they do for the community.

Not been the same support since Fergie sadly departed this mortal coil

Fergy.jpg

Or as he would have said

"Phuck it!! I'm phucking bastarding deid!"!!!!!

Your obviously a hamilton fan & love your club & your right about them being there on merit but I stand by everything I said about hamilton above.
I thought the exact same about Inverness,an embarrassing stadium and fan base for a top flight team just like hamilton imo

To be honest mate they are a small local club they are not going to have a 20 thousand all seater stadium are they. As the Accies fan said above they are better than the alternatives.

I could disagree with you about some of those things, but none of it really matters.

Bottom line = football merit. Accies are in the top flight because we're better than the alternatives. However much you disagree with how the club is organised, we put a team on the field that in recent years has bested Hibs, Dundee United, Inverness, Ross County, Partick Thistle, and sits this season above Dundee and St Mirren.

We don't pay stupid player salaries or transfer fees. We don't waste money on facilities nobody will use. We develop young talent. And we compete to the best of our ability.

We are nothing like a junior team. We are an SPFL top flight team on merit.
Probably my most liked post on FF.

:cool:

Well run club who are punching above their weight with a good youth setup.
Some people crying because they don't have a big ground therefore harder to get away tickets.

As for @academical he's both a deviant and a good guy, never been anything other than decent on here.
At no point in the this thread has anybody cried because they can’t get a ticket for hamilton

Can you imagine if it was Achinleck we played today.....they would shame most premier league teams!
Maybe a random one off cup game. Not sure about playing twice in league games each season. Novelty factor would kick into place.

Also, Talbot have a strong fan backing at junior level. It does help when you charge about £6. Not sure what sort of crowds they would get charging £14+ at senior level.

The irrepressible Fergie. I was actually thinking about him during the match on Sunday and wondering what he would have made of it all.
Particularly Hamilton Accies’ negativity even when a goal down from the third minute.

C'mon the Accies....whilst clapping and rubbing his hands together!!!

Quite simply.....where the hell were they!
My 9 year old and I counted about 40!!!! I know their average home attendance is only about 3,000 but 40??
Good grief...
How demoralising.
It’s the distance they have to travel,and no work the next day,kind of explains it.:rolleyes:

(Some) Rangers fans in arrogance towards wee team shocker.

It's unecessary, IMO, and always the same type of stuff.

(Some) Rangers fans in arrogance towards wee team shocker.

It's unecessary, IMO, and always the same type of stuff.
Do you think the plastic pitch is good?
Do you think the half a stadium with a gazebo is good?
Do you think they have a good support?
Come on it’s not arrogance if you think it’s all shite.
If you think Pizza Hut or whatever is shite it’s just an opinion not arrogance.
I once paid £20 odd quid to stand in that shite gazebo that has a potakabin with two urinals as a toilet,the place is a fucking joke of a ground for a top flight football team.
Why are people spouting shite about hamilton,Hamilton accies ground is shite with a plastic pitch that is shite watched by hardly any fans(tell me those 3 points are not true). It’s all shite.
If it was between hearts and hamilton to be relegated then the vast majority would want hearts to stay in the league because of the points I’ve highlighted,Half this thread must be from hamilton I think

4 stands any capacity ,decent facilities and a grass park should be a stipulation for promotion. If we are trying to be taken as a serious league Scottish footballs image is not being helped by clubs like Hamilton.

I once paid £20 odd quid to stand in that shite gazebo that has a potakabin with two urinals as a toilet,the place is a fucking joke of a ground for a top flight football team.
Why are people spouting shite about hamilton,Hamilton accies ground is shite with a plastic pitch that is shite watched by hardly any fans(tell me those 3 points are not true). It’s all shite.
If it was between hearts and hamilton to be relegated then the vast majority would want hearts to stay in the league because of the points I’ve highlighted,Half this thread must be from hamilton I think

:D:D you are pretty passionate on the subject.

You're not gonna get any splinters on yer arse from sitting on the fence mate :D

Back