Ajer now up to £50m

ThreadBear

Buy a ST.
Please buy a ST.
Come and see where a guy we've just sold used to play.
Failing that, come and see a guy who the shitiest tabloid in the country once said was worth £50m.

Its an odd sales pitch really.

turps100

Riseth always looked like a junkie! kids, just say no as this is the perfect example of a drug fried brain.

Coopers left foot.

Good lord, he's a good player at best. He's also been protected by the referees in this country which would have a far bigger bearing on his transfer value (see Morelos when he eventually goes) had he played for any other club i.e. some of his tackles and rogue elbows have been shocking.

Is Riseth still a bit confused after Rod Wallace ragdolling him back in May 1999?
It took the prick a fortnight to find the dressing room after that game...

lwl

And here we go again. They'll set the narrative, we'll laugh, they'll sell and get (somewhere in the region of) and we'll look on in seeming astonishment.

This is the market now I'm afraid (any Covid dip aside), and the sooner we stop the laughing, the sooner we'll justifiably start commanding similar kind of fees.

P.S. %^*& Ajer.

Big X

Official Ticketer
Obviously clubs intending to make a multi-million investment will use an article in the Dailiy Mail as a basis for making a bid. :rolleyes:

tazzabear

You may be right, but I'm gauging my opinion on only seeing him against us and when they get pumped in Europe.
On that evidence he's bang average at best.
I totally agree.
Our much maligned defenders, to my mind, are every bit as good, if not better.
The evidence of Europe, against better teams and better players, is there for all to see.
Defending is not our problem.
Creating more and converting more is where we will get our success from.

West Enclosure Bear

Obviously £50m is an outrageous claim, however, they will now likely get a really decent fee for him just by having figures like that branded about.
Works often for them and something we're definitely missing a trick with.

11 ALBERTZ

Riseth was in the papers a few weeks ago saying he was worth £30m and now no games played and 2 weeks later it's jumped up by and additional £20m, think he might have used the old Seville calculator for that one

Punpun

Was it Boyata the Hartson was banding about for £50m too? He ended going for about 8 or something.

Ajer, annoyingly is a good defender who is young so they will make good money on him, just nowhere near that fee! Cant stand him though, the way he screams at the ref to try and cheat to get players carded etc does my head in.
Nah he left for free I think lol

goaaaal

Is it the covid 19 or do The One entity have dirt on prospective suitors

Arsenal was a bit iffy but then there was a speshul connection

Simply a Bear

Riseth was in the papers a few weeks ago saying he was worth £30m and now no games played and 2 weeks later it's jumped up by and additional £20m, think he might have used the old Seville calculator for that one
Exactly, they never conceded any goals in that two week period, so his value has gone up :))

TheBearNecessities

If he was our player you’d have Barry Ferguson in the Record saying he’s worth 3 million and Alex Rae doing the same on Clyde, their ex players are all on message and know how to play the game.
When their players are talked up it's because the media want them to get a great price. When our players are talked up it's because the media are trying to unsettle the player

thornhill bear

Any auld shite to keep the orcs that can read happy. We have a potential £20m+ player so its obvious they have a £50m player

andy5836

I always though Van Dijk was a great player for them and strolled it up here. It was pretty clear he would go on to bigger and better things but Ajer is bang average and I'm usually pretty confident going into an Old Firm game and see that he's playing. As soon as him or Jullien are up against a good striker they look extremely poor whether that be in Europe, against us (Alfie) or against Dykes at Livi.

alexg123

The guys a donkey. Not seen anything to justify this, yet we've people on her wanting Alfie punted for as little as £8 million.

Its been said for years but we really need to stop devaluing our players.
Are you implying his name should be Tadger instead of Ajer ? :))

barrheadbear

Was it Boyata the Hartson was banding about for £50m too? He ended going for about 8 or something.

Ajer, annoyingly is a good defender who is young so they will make good money on him, just nowhere near that fee! Cant stand him though, the way he screams at the ref to try and cheat to get players carded etc does my head in.
Yip, after one game in WC 2018, Hartson had Boyata as a £50m player. Boyata moved on a Bosman to Hertha Berlin in 2019, so Scum got feck all.