Alex Rae Claiming Major Investment Coming Into Rangers

Makes me very nervous this but i trust Dave King to have carried out all the appropriate checks before the announcement.

It is written in their accounts.
Just like the £3m of notional interest that is in Rangers accounts, that contributed to an "£11m" loss.

The £25m will no doubt be part of a "package" but will likely include appearances and CL qualification. Each of which given both their backgrounds would be questionable.

Besides, any Club that can keep a lid on paedophilia for 40 years is worth the watching.

Can't really see DK handling over till we have won 55 and have seen the scum crumble. So if it's money coming in then it won't be a majority shareholder but could be linked to sponsorship -- Emirates Ibrox Stadium?
He can't think that way though when it comes to business. 55 might be this season, it might be next. It could also be 5 years away.

One thing this thread has been excellent for is adding to my block list.

Anyone with anything except thanks for King and company straight on the list.

Yes the board has made some questionasporting decisions.

But in refusing to accept Kings role in saving the club you are as well as shredding your login for here and going and taking a long walk off a short pier.

But in refusing to accept Kings role in saving the club you are as well as shredding your login for here and going and taking a long walk off a short pier.

People wont appreciate King for a while.

I may be mocked for this but un my eyes he is up there with Struth, Smith, Greig, Waddell, McCoist etc as one as the clubs all time historical figures.

Can you imagine what we would be if he hadn't stepped up?

We would be a rotten shell under Ashley and the spivs.

Just like the £3m of notional interest that is in Rangers accounts, that contributed to an "£11m" loss.

The £25m will no doubt be part of a "package" but will likely include appearances and CL qualification. Each of which given both their backgrounds would be questionable.

Besides, any Club that can keep a lid on paedophilia for 40 years is worth the watching.

Why do we persist with this?

As I posted earlier, the fee was £25m and was a single payment. As declared to the Stock Exchange.

I don’t see why an external investor would come on board right now.

We have a ways to go until we’re self-sustaining. Why would an external investor sink money in that he won’t see back?
Maybe they can see further afield than the end of their noses and just Maybe getting the jump on things is the reason they're minted in the first place...

Bang on. It took the grit of Castlemilk to take out the Easdales. The bros have a hard reputation. It took someone harder to take them on. And he did, in spades. Without some shady proxies.

With SG on board, european football , HMRC making a cant of it,the league/ champions league , then a great time for someone to add value to the club.

If its true then its music to the ears in the fact, investors are actually considering us as a worthwhile cause again. Barge poles weren't big enough not so long ago. Declan will be along soon to tell us Kings skint and selling us for a £1

If its true then its music to the ears in the fact, investors are actually considering us as a worthwhile cause again. Barge poles weren't big enough not so long ago. Declan will be along soon to tell us Kings skint and selling us for a £1

To be fair to King, this is what he said he planned to do! And he said it would take £50m overall.

I may be mocked for this but un my eyes he is up there with Struth, Smith, Greig, Waddell, McCoist etc as one as the clubs all time historical figures.

You are right, King is in the very top company, and quite honestly we will build a statue in his honour eventually.
He wasn't alone in his endeavours but he has led.

What I wouldn't even try to guess at is what would investment coming in have to do with Kjng stepping down. If the investment comes with a condition fir King to step down then that would be very suspicious to me. King has Rangers best interests at heart. Always has and always will have. So someone wanting to put money in with King away wouldn't sit right with me.

Secondly how would there be any major large investment. We have already had the share issues that were agreed by shareholders. There needs to be proposals sent out to be voted on allowing a fresh share issue. So I dont see any major investment coming from a share issue. Also if King was being bought out it's a sale so the money would be to him. Not the club.

So what does that leave to allow major investment. A large sponsorship deal with a major company. The rumours of a deal having been done to get rid of Ashley. Could this be a huge shirt deal. Renaming Ibrox. Or what else. Cause I know for a fact there will be no sugar daddy coming along to just throw his own money away with no potential return. That goes against everything King and the 3 bears etc have done to save us. Plus probably would see us in bother for financial fair play.

I will be watching from the sunshine on Tuesday to see if this is just another stupid outspoken story from someone claiming to know facts

Bang on. It took the grit of Castlemilk to take out the Easdales. The bros have a hard reputation. It took someone harder to take them on. And he did, in spades. Without some shady proxies.

You can take the Bear out of Castlemilk but you can never take Castlemilk out of the Bear.

No one has a clue, piss and wind.

I think people need to know what this investment actually is before making any sort of reasoned judgement on it.

Is it a limited availability share issue, bringing new money into the club.

Is it loans, in which case, what are the terms.

What it almost certainly isn't going to be is gifts.

In my eyes he's even above them, he dug deep & looked for like minded bluenose,s & investors, took numerous people to court, & the time spent away from his family in SA all for our benefit, he is an absolute hero

Maybe it’s just me but I’ll be gutted if King leaves especially before 55. He should be here .

Surely he could hold an honorary post, even if he stands down as Chairman of the PLC

There is precedent according to wiki

NamePositionFromToTenure
John Ure PrimroseHonorary President
1888​
1912​
24 years​
John LawrenceHonorary President19 June 197326 January 19773 years, 221 days
David MurrayHonorary Chairman4 July 2002[3]1 September 2004[4]2 years, 59 days
John GreigHonorary President23 May 2015[21]4 years, 183 days

Maybe we should look at things this way ...

We were saved by the three bears. We now need Goldilocks to enter the story

Dave King should be going nowhere

We welcome Rangers minded investors, but should not be welcoming anyone at the expense of Dave King, unless he wants it that way.

Him, the 3 bears and board and worked wonders for us.
If (humongous if at this stage) DK is stepping down it is likely to be something he is comfortable with doing, otherwise I doubt the rumoured move would happen.

It was more the tone of the reply, he was being a catty prick.
Everyone wants to be outraged at something. Each to their own. It's a mad claim to make on the radio. He better hope its true. Embarrassing claiming something like that and it doesnt come off. As I say, they work in the moment and on another day would have replied with something else. Get over it mate.

I have to agree with you I think he should be remembered as one of the most important figures in the clubs history

Let’s see what happens ..... but I was wondering why the club was SO certain Morelos was going nowhere. Let’s face it had the finances required it he would have been moved on. For that reason I’m staying hopefully optimistic.

It would be wrong to diminish the role the board has played in the last few years, however the main man at any football club is the manager; through the history of football it's managers who haven't just achieved success at clubs, but sometimes transformed those clubs beyond all recognition. Steven Gerrard is the most crucial person at Ibrox right now, and everything needs to be done to keep him here for the foreseeable future; if that includes extra investment then this is the most important thing. Gerrard right now is irreplaceable.

If it involves one of Julian Woldhardts contacts it's a good sign these guys operate with the big bucks:
HONG KONG (Reuters) - DCP Capital, co-founded by former KKR & Co Greater China head David Liu, said it has raised about $2.5 billion in its debut U.S. dollar and yuan funds, giving the private equity firm adequate firepower to invest in Greater China.

The funds add to a massive pool of money for Chinese investment and underscore investor confidence in the ability to cut deals in the world's second-largest economy in the face of economic slowdown and trade tension with the United States.

DCP in a statement on Tuesday said it raised over $2 billion for its DCP Capital Partner I dollar fund from investors, known as limited partners. The fund was "significantly" oversubscribed due to strong demand from investors such as pension funds, funds-of-funds and sovereign wealth funds, it said.

Sorry if it has been mentioned already but what form will this investment take.
For the money to go into the Club it would have to be via a share issue.

No one is going to put big money in without gaining the commensurate level of control

For the money to go into the Club it would have to be via a share issue.

No one is going to put big money in without gaining the commensurate level of control

That makes sense, so would you expect there to be a vote on a share issue at the AGM.

Possibly with a vote on the dis-application of pre-emption rights if there are new investors waiting in the wings.

That makes sense, so would you expect there to be a vote on a share issue at the AGM.

Possibly with a vote on the dis-application of pre-emption rights if there are new investors waiting in the wings.

That's what has happened in the recent share issues however they are only a percentage of the total shares in circulation which only dilute the original shareholders stake slightly I suppose. However the way Rae was speaking and the alleged rumours this Major Investmeny would seem to be something from left wing. Not just another share issue as these aren't major news. They can happen anytime voted upon so if would need to be something we havnt thought about as I and others have repeatedly stated for the fans who want a Billionaire Sugat Daddy, nobody can or will just open their pocket and hand money to whoever is running us..it cannot and wont happen. It cannot be a gift.Cause not one single rich person would hand money over in such a way that its immediately taxed. And if it's a loan then it's not major news as we currently use that form of funding.

There’s a guy on Twitter who is adamant King is stepping aside but will still be involved. I don’t believe it as it’s a random guy from twitter but I’ll share it anyway:
Think it might be David Liu (just a hunch) co owner of a succesfull capital Business with Woldhardt

Back