Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

Well! Who'da thunk it?

Celtc FC's chief choirboy during Rangers' trials and
tribulations brings out a dossier on his favourite club.

I wonder if he's done it with the suffering of the many
victims at the fore and will be giving the perpetrators
pelters fairly and squarely ...

Nah! Don't think so.

So you would be happy with their name just being tarnished? That’ll come in due course. I personally want the bastards shut down.
We should all be grateful that justice had been done? Grateful? To a pathetic justice system that hands out pathetic sentences?
This is abuse on an industrial scale with many individuals knowing exactly what went on. That club should be closed down.
If not closed down then seriously punished as a football club financially and that still won’t be enough for the victims.

So that makes you more staunch than me then right?

I'll say this to you without hesitation. I've met countless like minded bears in my time and I've yet to meet anybody with a stronger "dislike" of cfc than myself. I don't say that to impress it's just an honest admision, not something I'm particularly proud or ashamed of. We are agreed on one thing , I'd have them closed down in a heartbeat also but for the corrupt and dishonest way they've conducted business since their inception. In my humble opinion though the other issue because of the very sensitive nature of the subject matter is separate. All I'm saying is the human element should be the PRIMARY CONCERN of any right minded individual.

I said similar last year when Dornan was coming out with his 'tax evasion is on a par with child sexual abuse' bullshit, skorn.

We were hung out to dry on the premise that our ‘tax evasion‘ allowed us to bring in players we couldn’t otherwise afford, giving us an unfair sporting advantage.

If successive Celtic FC directors and managers hadn’t actively covered up decades of child sexual abuse, how many of the players they’d signed to help them win trophies since at least the start of the 80s (including reaching a European final and getting millions of pounds of Champions League money), would have wanted to be associated with them?

So-called unfair sporting advantage through ‘tax evasion’ generated sanctions that nearly destroyed our club. How much more serious and heinous is unfair sporting advantage gained through covering up sexual attacks on children?
Dornan is unqualified intellectually to be a community spokesperson, I think he has demonstrated this to anyone looking in.
His third rate qualities are no more manifestly laid bare than when he involves himself in social matters that need dealt with by a mature mind uninhibited by tribal loyalties and ingrained bigotry.
I fear for Scotland when such people are elected to responsible office because they are dragging Scotland into the gutter.

I'll say this to you without hesitation. I've met countless like minded bears in my time and I've yet to meet anybody with a stronger "dislike" of cfc than myself. I don't say that to impress it's just an honest admision, not something I'm particularly proud or ashamed of. We are agreed on one thing , I'd have them closed down in a heartbeat also but for the corrupt and dishonest way they've conducted business since their inception. In my humble opinion though the other issue because of the very sensitive nature of the subject matter is separate. All I'm saying is the human element should be the PRIMARY CONCERN of any right minded individual.

No offence mate, because I think all bears should stick together, but that primary concern you mention, which I 100% agree on, is what BlueNose94 has actually been working on and every single day for years now.

He’s been walking that walk rather than talking about it.

No offence mate, because I think all bears should stick together, but that primary concern you mention, which I 100% agree on, is what BlueNose94 has actually been working on and every single day for years now.

He’s been walking that walk rather than talking about it.

You're right and I appreciate that fully. If the guy has done as you say then he has my utmost respect. We all want the same outcome and I apologise if I've come across the wrong way

Devils Advocate.
How many players such as Larson would not have signed for them in this period, had they known their history before they signed.
An unanswerable question, but worth putting.
Cover up, players sign in ignorance, success on the pitch due to the cover up.
They may have gained an advantage due to a child abuse cover up.
The question needs to be asked, although we already know the answer.

All very valid questions, however as I've alluded to in earlier posts, such suggestions remain both unprovable conjecture and, more importantly, the completely wrong way approach such a heinous crime and its pursuit of justice.

Any perceived 'advantage' gained from the cover-up of child abuse remains unquantifiable, and therefore obsolete, with regards to using it as a barometer for any potential punishment - you're essentially suggesting the authorities pursue titles won in 70's, 80's, 1998, 2001, 2002 etc, all because Larsson, and others before him, may or may not have signed for them had they known about Jim Torbett et al actions 25 years prior?

We should be focusing on bringing the perpetrators to justice, and giving some level of closure to those affected by their actions - not priming ourselves for old firm fuelled retribution, on the back of their unfounded pursuit of our titles post 2012.

Given his previous I would expect Tompson to make this about abuse in Scottish football and bring all clubs into it. It is unlikely to focus overly on the club with the major problem. Hope I am wrong but the guy cannot be trusted.
If that was the case the photo would be or Hamden, and the headline certainly would not be as hard hitting. I have no doubt other instances on Scottish football will be mentioned and they should! But there is no doubt to me by his headlines that Thomson is going after the scum here.

Ok mate

Aw well. Now that I’ve read that I’ll round the troops up and throw in the towel. I’ll speak to the victims today and say sorry folks we’re wasting our time here as Celtic will come out of this smelling of roses.
I bet they fuckin don’t. Excuse the language but posts like this helps nobody. Especially the victims that read them.

No one said about throwing in the towel.

Why hasn't the SNP brought it up in Holyrood then??

We all know exactly why.

They are terrified of Alienating themselves from the Papist vote. That's why they'll never bring the subject up.

You need to be blind or stupid to think otherwise.

Well! Who'da thunk it?

Celtc FC's chief choirboy during Rangers' trials and
tribulations brings out a dossier on his favourite club.

I wonder if he's done it with the suffering of the many
victims at the fore and will be giving the perpetrators
pelters fairly and squarely ...

Nah! Don't think so.
Nah, he's just tweeting a picture of the piggery condemning them for their silence over the paedophile ring.

You'll need to explain how that goes any way towards covering for the filth.

You GUARANTEE that will you,
well I will GUARANTEE you need to take your head out of your erse
Ffs what chance you got

My head isn't anywhere near my arse thanks very much.

You honestly think Salmond will be found guilty and jailed or Celtic will not somehow get away with their crimes??

I hope I'm sincerely wrong but c'mon to fck.

They control everything. We've slept walked through 40 years allowing them to do so.

The one thing I worry about, the main family member who has fought an endless campaign to get her sons story out regarding the paedophile ring at Celtic park has not been interviewed by Ch4. As far as I am aware.

If it was not for Andrews family would this investigation even by taking place. Her fight against ministers and mps have raised awareness. Yet no one has asked her story. If this is the case then why?

We all know exactly why.

They are terrified of Alienating themselves from the Papist vote. That's why they'll never bring the subject up.

I’m not stupid. Far from that. I’ll say it again. We have every piece of correspondence with nearly every SNP MSP. Each one hiding behind the SFA inquiry except for one.
Soon they will not be able to use that excuse. I agree that the Irish republican sympathiser vote is important to them and they make no secret of sharing a platform with Sinn Fein/IRA.
Some of the replies have been disgusting. Even accusing one of us of bigotry when there was no mention of religion. All we gave them was facts.
We managed to get an MSP to bring up a parliamentary question only to be shot down by the under qualified justice secretary.
We have a list of MSP’s who do support a motion also.
So basically the answer to your question is that the SNP are hiding behind the SFA inquiry. We have the correspondence to say so.
From a personal point of view... I don’t trust the Scottish government in appointing the correct person to head a full independent inquiry. That’s why we fought hard to prove cross border links to abuse. I’d rather Westminster took control of it and we hope that to be the case.

So you would be happy with their name just being tarnished? That’ll come in due course. I personally want the bastards shut down.
We should all be grateful that justice had been done? Grateful? To a pathetic justice system that hands out pathetic sentences?
This is abuse on an industrial scale with many individuals knowing exactly what went on. That club should be closed down.
If not closed down then seriously punished as a football club financially and that still won’t be enough for the victims.
I’m with this all the way victims must be compensated and have some sort of closure but believe me I want this dirty vile disgusting organisation and community of society brought to their knees!! You cannot get any lower than protecting paedophiles never mind for best part of 4/5 decades!
Justice must be served for all!!

Have to keep positive. There is no chance that this story is going away without it being heard. To many people are working tirelessly to make sure that doesnt happen.
Looking forward to whatever the program reveals.If I'm honest though,I still have a niggling feeling that they will try to trump it with some kind of injunction.Are we beyond that now?or is it a case of just having to wait and see.Sorry to be negative, but with these kind of people you have to try and cover all bases.

My head isn't anywhere near my arse thanks very much.

You honestly think Salmond will be found guilty and jailed or Celtic will not somehow get away with their crimes??

I hope I'm sincerely wrong but c'mon to fck.

They control everything. We've slept walked through 40 years allowing them to do so.
These guys are actively trying to right this wrong , and you are saying ach they will get away with it anyway , actions and all that , as they say .

The way I'm seeing it is that it will be mainly about the scum and possibly the SFA? Thst could be why it just said scottish football, that's just a guess but I hope I'm correct.
If that was the case the photo would be or Hamden, and the headline certainly would not be as hard hitting. I have no doubt other instances on Scottish football will be mentioned and they should! But there is no doubt to me by his headlines that Thomson is going after the scum here.

Indoctrinated from young age into believing that a priest can forgive sin by throwing a few quid into a box. Then allowed by same priest to go out the door of the chapel to commit the exact same sin but in many cases crime including murder (many a provo confessed to their priest).
A worldwide epidemic working 24/7/365 that should be closed down without delay.
Corona virus doesn’t even come close.
To flip the coin, if I was an active member of the Church of Scotland, and countless numbers of ministers had been outed/convicted of child abuse, I think I'd be severing ties with the church. Every religion has had it. Just the Catholic church has ravaged 5 continents with it.

I don’t trust Alex Thomson one little bit, he hates us does he not, so can’t see him going for their jugular so to speak, but will just have to wait and see.

i see the negative normans are out in force again,for christ sake give a rest will yous, if you have nothing positive to offer then please just stay out,honestly im really getting pissed off big time now with the constant drip of negativity,god knows how the guys spending hours every single day fighting for justice are feeling,a good number on here really need to have a right good look at themselves, f@cking sickening seeing post after post with this defeatist negativity ,get off your knees ffs and throw yourselves 100% behind the guys on here,
Well said mate. It gets me down too and I'm not one of the guys who's doing all to help.

I’m not stupid. Far from that. I’ll say it again. We have every piece of correspondence with nearly every SNP MSP. Each one hiding behind the SFA inquiry except for one.
Soon they will not be able to use that excuse. I agree that the Irish republican sympathiser vote is important to them and they make no secret of sharing a platform with Sinn Fein/IRA.
Some of the replies have been disgusting. Even accusing one of us of bigotry when there was no mention of religion. All we gave them was facts.
We managed to get an MSP to bring up a parliamentary question only to be shot down by the under qualified justice secretary.
So basically the answer to your question is that the SNP are hiding behind the SFA inquiry. We have the correspondence to say so.
From a personal point of view... I don’t trust the Scottish government in appointing the correct person to head a full independent inquiry. That’s why we fought hard to prove cross border links to abuse. I’d rather Westminster took control of it and we hope that to be the case.
I've been following you guys from the beginning, wishing I could do more to help. The amount of time and passion you have put into this to ensure justice for the victims of child abuse at CFC is beyond compare. Forget any negativity on here, keep going mate, the majority are behind you all the way .

Well said mate. It gets me down too and I'm not one of the guys who's doing all to help.
I’ll be honest with you. A few times I’ve thought Fck it and just come off the forum. All we are trying to do is help the people that have been affected. But then you get a few bears that you can see are just out for point scoring.
Fair enough if that’s their view but all I ask is before they post think about the victims. And also remember there are lazy journalists and filth that look in here. Don’t give any of they bastards satisfaction or get into conversation with them. Let admin deal with them.

We all know exactly why.

If everyone had your defeatist attitude no wrongs in this world would ever be righted. You are imo, demeaning the efforts of some brilliant people on here, who are disrupting their own lives to bring justice to literally hundreds of children. These children had their future destroyed by monsters over the course of at least forty years. It would be preferable if you kept your negative thoughts to your self. The vast majority are one hundred per cent behind the guys on here trying to do everything to expose the harbourers across the city.

Last edited:
I don’t trust Alex Thomson one little bit, he hates us does he not, so can’t see him going for their jugular so to speak, but will just have to wait and see.
To him Rangers, or for that matter Celtic are irrelevant. Thomson cares about Thomson only. If he sees an opportunity to be front and centre of unraveling a major scandal he will go for the jugular. I said in an earlier post on here he would throw his gran under a bus if it bettered his career. Yes some on here still think he will go soft on them because he hates us?

I was a journalist for over three decades and this stinks to high heaven for me.
I really hope my senses are wrong for the sake of those victims who have cooperated with C4.
Thompson is clearly a Celtic fan with connections given his past reporting.
Certainly I recall that some senior C4 figures are also Celtic fans.
I fully expect Celtic to have had copious input into this ‘expose’ and that is why they are not screaming to the usual suspects.
My senses say that if they had not cooperated and had their say, then they would already be stories all over the Scottish press saying that they have been unfairly treated.
I also have no doubt they would have issued injunctions and leaked the details to their friends in the Scottish media.
However, it is possible that they know they can’t do anything about it and are just waiting for the smelly stuff to hit the fan.

who for?

where was your expose?

To him Rangers, or for that matter Celtic are irrelevant. Thomson cares about Thomson only. If he sees an opportunity to be front and centre of unraveling a major scandal he will go for the jugular. I said in an earlier post on here he would throw his gran under a bus if it bettered his career. Yes some on here still think he will go soft on them because he hates us?
He's a journalist and he could expose the biggest paedophile ring in world sport. If investigated properly he'll expose corruption within all those in authority who could have and should have done something about this scandal but instead they chose to turn a blind eye thus helping in keeping this scandal covered up. I think that when victims of these monsters see someone expose the horrific truth of this it will actually give others the strength to come forward. This has went on for decades and will be bigger than anyone of us could imagine. As for posters that think this will be damage limitation I really don't believe you can limit damage on a cover up for the abuse of innocent children.

I don't care who or what clubs are implicated, the priority should be justice for all victims.

If such a thing happened at Rangers, I'd want anyone involved brought to justice and the club doing all it can for the victims.

Using "Scottish football" and 'Paedophile rings" in a sentence is misleading though. Whilst most clubs seem to have had disgusting people in their employ at one point or another in their history, only one club had a number of them convicted who were acting in cohorts at the same time. To deny that fact or to dismiss it as point scoring is to dismiss that the perpetrators who had a hand in it should be brought to justice.
Brilliant post! Cap doffed

That's the presbyterian view too - as soon as you're born you're a sinner.
Interesting. Never have believed in organized religion. Too many wars fought over who has the right God, too many cases of mass hypnosis and ignorance.

Learning history was a big part of that, watching people like scum fans and evangelists here in the US spout holier than thou bile while hypocritically looking the other way when it serves their purpose is another part.

Another huge part was attending Wester Cleddins in Bishopbriggs as a child, watching the stone throwing between our school and the catholic school next to us, wondering what all that was about. The one time I got in trouble, I was brought up to the headmaster's office and given the belt across my palm for throwing stones at a boy in my own school when we had a disagreement!

I remember wondering why that was so bad when throwing the stones at the catholics was ok.

As I said earlier. This is very delicate thing to deal with. For every one that comes forward, there's probably 50 who wont and never will.

It's ok for people to say,if it happens to any of their family, they'll be round like a shot to kick the hell out of the perpetrator. Not as simple as that. What can you do, if your kid doesn't want it to be known. You've got to put them first. Imagine being in their shoes and having to go to school and let's face it, teenagers arent known for compassion. It would be hellish for them.

Paedos know this fine well, so we really should think before we speak out. I remember singing, who shagged all the boys, now looking back, it wasnt the smartest thing to do and would only have been hurtful to the victims.

People seem to want instant results, but there maybe a long way to go in this yet, but at least it's not going away and I remain hopeful for the victims of these crimes.

A London based TV company’s senior ‘figure’ are celtic fans? Really? Who would that be then? No harm in naming them on here. And you were a journalist with CH4 when these senior ‘figures’ told you they were fans of celtic?

Right you are.
I never said I was a journalist for C4
who for?

where was your expose?
I did not work in the UK and I left over a decade ago.

PS Why are you so angry???

Last edited:
You're right and I appreciate that fully. If the guy has done as you say then he has my utmost respect. We all want the same outcome and I apologise if I've come across the wrong way
There's way too many posts to read through to know this without reading through the entirely of them but BN has consistently said just what you claim; that the victims and justice for them is the primary concern. Revealing the scum that did these vile acts and enabled them for so long would be an obvious part of that justice.

BN is just responding to the more specific argument of what should happen after that primary objective is achieved.

There's way too many posts to read through to know this without reading through the entirely of them but BN has consistently said just what you claim; that the victims and justice for them is the primary concern. Revealing the scum that did these vile acts and enabled them for so long would be an obvious part of that justice.

BN is just responding to the more specific argument of what should happen after that primary objective is achieved.

Yep I accept that and take the point on board.
For the avoidance of doubt I have absolutely no problem with ANY additional consequences the scum may face after the victims have been taken care of .

He can’t be that good as he’s missed quite a few at his beloved club... Maybe we should offer him some assistance?

I don't care who or what clubs are implicated, the priority should be justice for all victims.

If such a thing happened at Rangers, I'd want anyone involved brought to justice and the club doing all it can for the victims.

Using "Scottish football" and 'Paedophile rings" in a sentence is misleading though. Whilst most clubs seem to have had disgusting people in their employ at one point or another in their history, only one club had a number of them convicted who were acting in cohorts at the same time. To deny that fact or to dismiss it as point scoring is to dismiss that the perpetrators who had a hand in it should be brought to justice.

Everyone and anyone connected to child abuse should be investigated. Regardless of club or stature. Some of the point scoring is pretty disgusting and disappointing. These are kids we are talking about.

He can’t be that good as he’s missed quite a few at his beloved club... Maybe we should offer him some assistance?

That reads like a planted deflection story tbh. I think somebody’s been in touch with Stinson.

Keep up the good fight, the victims deserve it.

John, you & I both know it wasn’t ‘tax evasion’ mate. Tax evasion is illegal.

Tax Avoidance is legal, and our mechanism we used was a tax avoidance mechanism.
Absolutely, GY.

What that mob choose to ignore is that tax avoidance is legal - child sexual abuse is not. But they don’t let that get in the way of making a spurious - and shameful - false equivalence between the two.

Let’s see what the deniers make of the Channel 4 revelations to come this week, and how they spin that information.

Absolutely, GY.

What that mob choose to ignore is that tax avoidance is legal - child sexual abuse is not. But they don’t let that get in the way of making a spurious - and shameful - false equivalence between the two.

Let’s see what the deniers make of the Channel 4 revelations to come this week, and how they spin that information.

Exactly John.

It’s embarrassing the way both that club & their cult behave. There is no logic to their argument.

Keep up the brilliant work;)

Back