Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

Listen, I more than most would like to see the cunts brought to justice, but us suggesting stripping their titles wouldn't hold any more weight than them suggesting ours should have been removed.

In what way did the systematic abuse of kids in any way aid them in winning the european cup?
Let me just get this right. Are you saying compensate the victims and let the club go unpunished for ruining lives and stopping young kids from making the grade.
Then systematically covering it up for over 40 years. Do you not think they should be sanctioned heavily and punished by UEFA? Or am I picking you up wrong?

Agreed.

This is where you only add weight to their pathetic "point scoring" defence. If firstly the people damaged at their hands receive emotional and financial closure then we should all be grateful that justice had been done. Any and all other punishment should rightly be considered secondary. Personally my own feeling is I'd be satisfied if they were forever tarnished as the club who for decades harboured known child abusers.
So you would be happy with their name just being tarnished? That’ll come in due course. I personally want the bastards shut down.
We should all be grateful that justice had been done? Grateful? To a pathetic justice system that hands out pathetic sentences?
This is abuse on an industrial scale with many individuals knowing exactly what went on. That club should be closed down.
If not closed down then seriously punished as a football club financially and that still won’t be enough for the victims.

So you would be happy with their name just being tarnished? That’ll come in due course. I personally want the bastards shut down.
We should all be grateful that justice had been done? Grateful? To a pathetic justice system that hands out pathetic sentences?
This is abuse on an industrial scale with many individuals knowing exactly what went on. That club should be closed down.
If not closed down then seriously punished as a football club financially and that still won’t be enough for the victims.
This, 100%.

Sorry for laughing especially with the gravity of the subject but there is absolutely ZERO chance this even gets brought up in Holyrood.

Hell will freeze over first. The SNP are whooring themselves for the Roman Papist vote in Scotland and will in no way go after Paedo FC for this not a chance.

I really, really hope this is not true. We cannot ever allow any political party to govern in a manner where decisions and policies are determined by the colour of a football strip.

Do you really think the Scottish Government, so close to achieving independence, would be so partisan? The SNP are all sorts of terrible things, but they're not idiots. They are a populist party first and foremost. Supporting, enabling or merely covering up paedophile rings is not a vote winner.

Would say I'll put my mortgage on it but its paid off last year so cant say that lol but you get what I saying.

Just like Salmond I GUARANTEE these bastards will walk out of this innocent and in good light. Nothing surer just as night follows day.

You paint a depressing picture. Glad to see your beliefs will not lead to you losing your home though. :)

Would say I'll put my mortgage on it but its paid off last year so cant say that lol but you get what I saying.

Just like Salmond I GUARANTEE these bastards will walk out of this innocent and in good light. Nothing surer just as night follows day.
Aw well. Now that I’ve read that I’ll round the troops up and throw in the towel. I’ll speak to the victims today and say sorry folks we’re wasting our time here as Celtic will come out of this smelling of roses.
I bet they fuckin don’t. Excuse the language but posts like this helps nobody. Especially the victims that read them.

I really, really hope this is not true. We cannot ever allow any political party to govern in a manner where decisions and policies are determined by the colour of a football strip.

Do you really think the Scottish Government, so close to achieving independence, would be so partisan? The SNP are all sorts of terrible things, but they're not idiots. They are a populist party first and foremost. Supporting, enabling or merely covering up paedophile rings is not a vote winner.

You paint a depressing picture. Glad to see your beliefs will not lead to you losing your home though. :)
I genuinely think the snp deliberately avoid the subject because they don't want to be seen alienating a large chunk of their voters (celtc fans) literally putting politics and football above the welfare of their countries children. Am I sensationalising things or do you think that's a valid point? Sometimes in this crazy country the most bizarre sentences are very true.

The problem the Celtc support have, is the cult/religion they follow, has numbed them to disgusting abuse. They still roll up to chapel every week to listen to a dirty beast preaching to them.
Indoctrinated from young age into believing that a priest can forgive sin by throwing a few quid into a box. Then allowed by same priest to go out the door of the chapel to commit the exact same sin but in many cases crime including murder (many a provo confessed to their priest).
A worldwide epidemic working 24/7/365 that should be closed down without delay.
Corona virus doesn’t even come close.

The problem the Celtc support have, is the cult/religion they follow, has numbed them to disgusting abuse. They still roll up to chapel every week to listen to a dirty beast preaching to them.
It's all tied to this guilt trip the Catholic church programs into them. If you're told you're a sinner for just living and breathing from day one, then I'd guess you'd just assume that everyone knew else was sinning and up to no good, right? So everyone has something to hide in their eyes.

Such a messed up and manipulative system they came up with.

Yeah, grateful that a justice system not fit for purpose FINALLY did the right thing after decades of pressure and being basically shamed into doing so.

F#$k that.

I genuinely think the snp deliberately avoid the subject because they don't want to be seen alienating a large chunk of their voters (celtc fans) literally putting politics and football above the welfare of their countries children. Am I sensationalising things or do you think that's a valid point? Sometimes in this crazy country the most bizarre sentences are very true.

Politicians being politicians. I imagine as soon as these programmes have been broadcast numerous SNP MSPs and MPs will be tripping over each other to vent their outrage at all that has gone on. They will blame previous governments for being ineffective.

But they will condemn the perpetrators. The actions of the media are less predictable.

Shames the Scottish government/snp for standing by and refusing to call for any type of outside investigation into the paedophile ring that has enveloped Celtic.
I don't know what kind of hold that mob have over people, but if this was Rangers you can be assured that every rock would be overturned to try and bring us down.

Fair play to the work put in by some of the posters on FF, and I hope all the families and victims get all the closure they deserve.

You GUARANTEE that will you,
well I will GUARANTEE you need to take your head out of your erse
Ffs what chance you got

That church has more than a few nonces as we all know, but fučk off with this shite.

It's all tied to this guilt trip the Catholic church programs into them. If you're told you're a sinner for just living and breathing from day one, then I'd guess you'd just assume that everyone knew else was sinning and up to no good, right? So everyone has something to hide in their eyes.

Such a messed up and manipulative system they came up with.
That's the presbyterian view too - as soon as you're born you're a sinner.

Let me just get this right. Are you saying compensate the victims and let the club go unpunished for ruining lives and stopping young kids from making the grade.
Then systematically covering it up for over 40 years. Do you not think they should be sanctioned heavily and punished by UEFA? Or am I picking you up wrong?

You're picking me up wrong.

Aw well. Now that I’ve read that I’ll round the troops up and throw in the towel. I’ll speak to the victims today and say sorry folks we’re wasting our time here as Celtic will come out of this smelling of roses.
I bet they fuckin don’t. Excuse the language but posts like this helps nobody. Especially the victims that read them.
No you won't mate .
You have the support of every decent human on this board and in the wider community .
Do you know why ?
We were all wee boys at one time .
Most of us dreamed of being footballers .
For abusers to prey on vulnerable young boys innocently chasing their dreams.
Should strike fear into every one regardless of what team they follow
This goes beyond footballing rivalries .
Everyone of us with kids and grand children, neices and nephews .
Will support you and I personally wish there was something I could do to help .
But helping you are .You and others brave enough to speak out .will put an end to the way these monsters operate .
You will also highlight the lengths that people in authority have went to to keep a lid on these disgusting crimes commited .

Maybe one day I will be able to shake your hand and thank you .

Last edited:
Anyone worried about us being dragged into it need to step back and regain focus.

If there have been hidden, protected beasts at Ibrox I absolutely WANT it out in the open and I WANT us to be seen to do the right thing. That is the difference twixt us and them.

I fear that too many on this board have completely lost what the campaign has been about. The guys fighting on here and behind the scenes are not doing this for Rangers, nor even 'against' Celtic, they are doing it because a miscarriage of justice has been allowed to occur and dark things need to be brought under the bright light of scrutiny. The club involved is irrelevant to the guys fighting for justice and I have no doubt they would have done the same if the ring was at Aberdeen, Motherwell, Queens park or Alloa.

Too many on here see this is a point scoring exercise now and it is beyond distasteful. Worrying about Rangers being brought into it, even worrying about punishments and title stripping, it is dark and unwholesome. Any punishment meted out should be solely for the benefit of the victims, any anger should be aimed squarely at ANY individual who abused kids or allowed that to happen, this is not a Rangers Celtic thing and far too many are trying to make it so. Stop it. Let the people fighting a long and hard campaign do their work without dragging the entire thing down to petty politics.

Well said Sir

As before, the victims should be the primary concern in any future investigation. However, regarding their punishment specifically, I'd say massive reputational damage and masssive financial punishment would be the correct course - anything sporting (titles, accolades etc) would be wrong. Just my opinion.

As before, the victims should be the primary concern in any future investigation. However, regarding their punishment specifically, I'd say massive reputational damage and masssive financial punishment would be the correct course - anything sporting (titles, accolades etc) would be wrong. Just my opinion.
I disagree with your last piece though. Titles and trophies were won by people who knew exactly what was going on and while abuse was taking place.

Anyone worried about us being dragged into it need to step back and regain focus.

If there have been hidden, protected beasts at Ibrox I absolutely WANT it out in the open and I WANT us to be seen to do the right thing. That is the difference twixt us and them.

I fear that too many on this board have completely lost what the campaign has been about. The guys fighting on here and behind the scenes are not doing this for Rangers, nor even 'against' Celtic, they are doing it because a miscarriage of justice has been allowed to occur and dark things need to be brought under the bright light of scrutiny. The club involved is irrelevant to the guys fighting for justice and I have no doubt they would have done the same if the ring was at Aberdeen, Motherwell, Queens park or Alloa.

Too many on here see this is a point scoring exercise now and it is beyond distasteful. Worrying about Rangers being brought into it, even worrying about punishments and title stripping, it is dark and unwholesome. Any punishment meted out should be solely for the benefit of the victims, any anger should be aimed squarely at ANY individual who abused kids or allowed that to happen, this is not a Rangers Celtic thing and far too many are trying to make it so. Stop it. Let the people fighting a long and hard campaign do their work without dragging the entire thing down to petty politics.

Nail on the head.

Ahh but they're awrite
I think people should be keeping this on topic. Using this thread to build up their staunch points does nothing except give the media poodles the squirrel they so desperately want.

'Bigoted Rangers fan in sectarian paedophile rant'

Fact is, this is not about football or religion. It's about the systematic sexual abuse of kids.

Politicians being politicians. I imagine as soon as these programmes have been broadcast numerous SNP MSPs and MPs will be tripping over each other to vent their outrage at all that has gone on. They will blame previous governments for being ineffective.

But they will condemn the perpetrators. The actions of the media are less predictable.
Let them suddenly speak out. All guns blazing. There will be nothing in the program they havnt already been made aware of by the guys on here.

The fans of bheast fc have the fear. They’re quoting Neely almost to a man now, whereas weeks ago there was radio silence from them.
they claim it’s not about the whataboutery or anything like that when that’s EXACTLY what it is.
that club covered up for paedophiles working and lurking in their youth set up, sacked and then reemployed one. And continued this all the way through to the 90s and who knows, even beyond.
There have been convictions for some of these vile creatures who worked for them, and the investigation continues and the fight goes on for justice.
but the fans of that Cesspit would rather go on the hunt for everyone else who was involved in paedogpile rings in other clubs that admit to having any wrong doing at their own club.

“but what aboot neely at rainjurs?” The deid club didn’t pay victums Cos thur deid”

this is the shite patter they come away with?
whataboutery?

you bet it bloody is

#justiceforthevictims

Last edited:
i see the negative normans are out in force again,for christ sake give a rest will yous, if you have nothing positive to offer then please just stay out,honestly im really getting pissed off big time now with the constant drip of negativity,god knows how the guys spending hours every single day fighting for justice are feeling,a good number on here really need to have a right good look at themselves, f@cking sickening seeing post after post with this defeatist negativity ,get off your knees ffs and throw yourselves 100% behind the guys on here,

Devils Advocate.
How many players such as Larson would not have signed for them in this period, had they known their history before they signed.
An unanswerable question, but worth putting.
Cover up, players sign in ignorance, success on the pitch due to the cover up.
They may have gained an advantage due to a child abuse cover up.
The question needs to be asked, although we already know the answer.

Devils Advocate.
How many players such as Larson would not have signed for them in this period, had they known their history before they signed.
An unanswerable question, but worth putting.
Cover up, players sign in ignorance, success on the pitch due to the cover up.
They may have gained an advantage due to a child abuse cover up.
The question needs to be asked, although we already know the answer.

A question for another day though.

Justice first.

The fans of bheast fc have the fear. They’re quoting Neely almost to a man now, whereas weeks ago there was radio silence from them.
they claim it’s not about the whataboutery or anything like that when that’s EXACTLY what it is.
that club covered up for paedophiles working and lurking in their youth set up, sacked and then reemployed one. And continued this all the way through to the 90s and who knows, even beyond.
There have been convictions for some of these vile creatures who worked for them, and the investigation continues and the fight goes on for justice.
but the fans of that Cesspit would rather go on the hunt for everyone else who was involved in paedogpile rings in other clubs that admit to having any wrong doing at their own club.

“but what aboot neely at rainjurs?” The deid club didn’t pay victums Cos thur deid”

this is the shite tter they come away with?
whataboutery?

you bet it bloody is

#justiceforthevictims

There is also acceptance from a great number of them on social media in the last few days, it seems that for some they know just distancing themselves with glib statements is not working. To see them discuss the open secret being on channel 4 is quite something. This is a runaway train for them, some are jumping off now while others are still desperately trying to get it off the track that is about to crash right through their own front door.

This needs highlighted.

It's the attitude that victims absolutely do not need exposed to.
Telling people there is no chance of justice only stops them trying to achieve it.

I've long had the belief that when the first few victims are seen to get justice, the floodgates will open.

You'll know better than most on here of the scale and numbers involved in this, there will undoubtedly be more who haven't yet had the strength to come forward.

Telling them the mentally challengeds walk away unscathed only helps the paedos.

This needs highlighted.

It's the attitude that victims absolutely do not need exposed to.
Telling people there is no chance of justice only stops them trying to achieve it.

I've long had the belief that when the first few victims are seen to get justice, the floodgates will open.

You'll know better than most on here of the scale and numbers involved in this, there will undoubtedly be more who haven't yet had the strength to come forward.

Telling them the mentally challengeds walk away unscathed only helps the paedos.
Agreed. The negative posts have to stop.

Would sponsors,backers and money men back then still throw money at celtic if they knew then what they know now i very much doubt it

If this programme is half as damning as some are suggesting, then we should find out the answer soon enough. They are due a new retail deal I believe, rumoured to be with Adidas. Also if people knew this programme was imminent a few weeks ago is that in any way related to recent drop in their share price?

All I ask for is that this matter be treated with honesty.
This includes fairness to the victims who deserve justice and of course no covering up for those who are involved in causing these crimes and even those who allowed them to be caused.
Transparency as a society towards this matter doesn't just assist those harmed by it, it also assists us to move forward as a community.
Those at Celtc have duty to themselves and others to see that they can help the club move forward as an institution and not to continually be dogged by the denials and dishonesty of the past.

As for those who report this matter, or indeed investigate it, if they cannot do so objectively and without bias or misplaced tribal allegience then they will do no one any favours instead they will only keep it where it doesn't belong, in the dark recesses of a society blinded by misinformation and more lies.

You talk some shit mate.

Agreed. The negative posts have to stop.
If, and I emphasise only if, Thomson attempts a whitewash then we can call it out.
I just don't see any logic in the suggestion though.
He's fronting the piece, he's used his social media to highlight the paedophile ring (a first to hear it called such) and explicitly stated that the filth are desperately trying to supress the story.

Having a production that highlights the abuse isn't really how I'd go about protecting the 'good name' of celtc.

We all know he has previous with us, this is an entirely separate issue.

Looking forward to whatever the program reveals.If I'm honest though,I still have a niggling feeling that they will try to trump it with some kind of injunction.Are we beyond that now?or is it a case of just having to wait and see.Sorry to be negative, but with these kind of people you have to try and cover all bases.

It wouldn't surprise me if the fhilth have invited this cvnt in to do this so they could have some control over it,
I hope I'm wrong but with all his poet connections and sympathies I find it hard to believe he is going to come down hard on them.

Looking forward to whatever the program reveals.If I'm honest though,I still have a niggling feeling that they will try to trump it with some kind of injunction.Are we beyond that now?or is it a case of just having to wait and see.Sorry to be negative, but with these kind of people you have to try and cover all bases.

Hasn’t there been a twitter post on here that they have been trying to get an injunction mate ? I’m sure I read it.

I raised this years ago on these forums.

It's a simple question -- "If you had known that Celtic FC managers and Board members had covered up for child abusers over the years, including the very years that you signed for that club, would you have still signed for Celtic ?" I honestly cannot see ANY major footballing star replying "Yes" to that. If they did they'd be branded as a paedophilia supporter themselves.

It's a remarkably easy question to put to them, with the added caveat that if they do not respond to this question then it will be taken that by this diplomatic silence, they are mimicing Celtic's own silence and indeed effectively replying "Yes". It's actually a quite devastating route to be gone down.

I said similar last year when Dornan was coming out with his 'tax evasion is on a par with child sexual abuse' bullshit, skorn.

We were hung out to dry on the premise that our ‘tax evasion‘ allowed us to bring in players we couldn’t otherwise afford, giving us an unfair sporting advantage.

If successive Celtic FC directors and managers hadn’t actively covered up decades of child sexual abuse, how many of the players they’d signed to help them win trophies since at least the start of the 80s (including reaching a European final and getting millions of pounds of Champions League money), would have wanted to be associated with them?

So-called unfair sporting advantage through ‘tax evasion’ generated sanctions that nearly destroyed our club. How much more serious and heinous is unfair sporting advantage gained through covering up sexual attacks on children?

If, and I emphasise only if, Thomson attempts a whitewash then we can call it out.
I just don't see any logic in the suggestion though.
He's fronting the piece, he's used his social media to highlight the paedophile ring (a first to hear it called such) and explicitly stated that the filth are desperately trying to supress the story.

Having a production that highlights the abuse isn't really how I'd go about protecting the 'good name' of celtc.

We all know he has previous with us, this is an entirely separate issue.

As was pointed out G, there is a whole production & research team working on this, with Thomson only the front man.

He cannot stop that train at a personal level.

I said similar last year when Dornan was coming out with his 'tax evasion is on a par with child sexual abuse' bullshit, skorn.

We were hung out to dry on the premise that our ‘tax evasion‘ allowed us to bring in players we couldn’t otherwise afford, giving us an unfair sporting advantage.

If successive Celtic FC directors and managers hadn’t actively covered up decades of child sexual abuse, how many of the players they’d signed to help them win trophies since at least the start of the 80s (including reaching a European final and getting millions of pounds of Champions League money), would have wanted to be associated with them?

So-called unfair sporting advantage through ‘tax evasion’ generated sanctions that nearly destroyed our club. How much more serious and heinous is unfair sporting advantage gained through covering up sexual attacks on children?

John, you & I both know it wasn’t ‘tax evasion’ mate. Tax evasion is illegal.

Tax Avoidance is legal, and our mechanism we used was a tax avoidance mechanism.

Back