Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

Can you imagine the sentence that would befall a middle aged man who raped and abused 12 women?

Do kids not matter?

Are judges from a public school background or an RC family, where this is just part of growing up?

This country is well fvcked!
A disgusting excuse for a human being, “the victims didn’t seem to be affected by the abuse, so a 12 month sentence is sufficient “

Why did Bennell get 31 years & Torbett & Cairney 4-6 years Dude ?

Surely there is a different basis between England & Scotland ?

All sorts of different factors. The severity of the actual offences they were charged with, previous convictions, number of the offences will all have come into it.

Bennell was convicted of over 50 different offences.

Torbett was convicted of 5 and Cairney a total of 9.

Just on the number of offences alone, it's easy to see why Bennell got a much more severe sentence.

Fucking hell. I’ve just read that statement. No wonder Celtic are promoting it. Talk about trying to whitewash them, continue the separate entity myth and bat away any discussion on compensation.

I keep thinking I can’t be surprised anymore yet I continually am.

There is absolutely no doubt that this “independent” review, which has been released as a statement from the SFA (independent?) and is now being promoted by Celtic (independent!?!?) is in no way independent at all.

The whole thing is a sick farce. We need UK wide investigation of this.

Fucking hell. I’ve just read that statement. No wonder Celtic are promoting it. Talk about trying to whitewash them, continue the separate entity myth and bat away any discussion on compensation.

There is absolutely no doubt that this “independent” review, which has been released as a statement from the SFA (independent?) and is now being promoted by Celtic (independent!?!?) is in no way independent at all.

It’s sickening , they are one in the same , our game is done .

Can, or should, Rangers come out and say they have no confidence in those running the SFA?

Feels like the walls are finally coming down on this and enormous credit goes out to everyone who has worked so diligently on this for years in the face of adversary.
Having said that, the sfa statement is horrific and alarm bells must be ringing that we are about to witness the cover up of the cover up of the cover up.
The sfa are up to their eyes in this and any investigation into themselves has no credibility whatsoever.
This could run and run, but hopefully one day, all the peados, and those that facilitated them, from the sfa down and held up for all the world to see.

I think the SFA are equally terrified of a tsunami of litigation and it's inquiry will be a whitewash to protect themselves as much as that abomination of a club Cel**c.

Do we think the rest of Scottish football will be as angry with Celtic as they were with us using tax avoidance schemes?

No, they will be terrified of the mentally challengeds using their usual go-to excuse : yeez urr jist bigots fur pickin oan the kafflicks"

What a sick wee paedophile protecting shitehole this country has truly become.
An embarrassment to any person with morals.
They have none!!

Not only are Celtic complicit in this, the SFA and SNP are openly protecting them as well.
I utterly detest modern day Scotland. Heads must roll this.

I think the SFA are equally terrified of a tsunami of litigation and it's inquiry will be a whitewash to protect themselves as much as that abomination of a club Cel**c.

If Celtic are shamed into taking the blame they will look to take anyone they can with them.

The SFA hoped this would all blowover. Had it been up to the Scottish media it eventually would have. C4 have raised the bar so both despicable organisations are bricking it.

Why would you even say that?
The guy might be a clown but fair play to him for coming out in public with this. We go on about the media and political people not speaking out and then when they do they get abuse. Dorman has a safe seat in the Scottish Parliament. He knows this would jepordise his seat and as a result has stated he will stand down at next election. Thats a big price to pay. He has shown a bit of principle his fellow Celtic supporters would do well to follow.

Maybe something to do with how he could of done something about this years ago he said he heard rumours but had no idea how bad it was, this is something that would haunt Helene Gray whose son was abused.

If Celtic are shamed into taking the blame they will look to take anyone they can with them.

The SFA hoped this would all blowover. Had it been up to the Scottish media it eventually would have. C4 have raised the bar so both despicable organisations are bricking it.

The SFA already floated an idea of a fund, paid for by all Scottish clubs, to pay out compensation. Yet another idea to protect Celtic.

Why would you even say that?
The guy might be a clown but fair play to him for coming out in public with this. We go on about the media and political people not speaking out and then when they do they get abuse. Dorman has a safe seat in the Scottish Parliament. He knows this would jepordise his seat and as a result has stated he will stand down at next election. Thats a big price to pay. He has shown a bit of principle his fellow Celtic supporters would do well to follow.

You make a good point. I just think hes sickened a lot of people in the process, especially with callous comments aimed at people he ought to have been supporting.

Last edited:
Back