Alfredo Morelos or Nikica Jelavic

Morelos or Jelavic As Our Striker?

• Alfredo

Votes: 223 46.9%
  • Nikica

Votes: 252 53.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jelavic for me. A better footballer with more composure than Morelos has at the moment.

Different styles of striker tbf.

Jelavic but Morelos has all the potential to be better.

I love them both though and the pair of them were/have been fantastic for Rangers.

Currently Jelavic for me, so much technique and composure. Still one of my favourite players from the last 10 years.

UnnaturalBrilliantAmericancreamdraft-size_restricted.gif

But, imo, Alfie has the potential to be better.

Last edited:
Jelavic, but only for that cup final goal

"It's Jelavic for Rangers. It's...gone in!"

When Alfie sticks a winner in against them, then he'll be on Jelavic's level. Roll on the 29th as I think he'll absolutely rag doll them.

I love the Buffalo, but he's not in Jelavic's league (yet).

Jelavic was the most complete striker i've seen at Ibrox.

At the moment I would take Morelos.

Jelavic had better players around him and scored some great goals. His finishing was superb.

But Morelos is a focal point of our play. He holds the ball up, gets us up the pitch and brings other players into play. I think he fits in better to where we are at the moment.

Two totally different types of strikers,potentially Morelos if he keeps improving at the rate he is just now will go on to have a fantastic career,Jelavic was brilliant for us and was a top class striker,but for me I don't Jelavic would have been the player Morelos is at 22,I think we forget at times just how young Morelos is and should just enjoy watching him while he is here.

Jelavic; 36 goals in 56 games
Alfredo; 35 in 71 games

Considering the quality of player Jelavic played with, and the fact that Morelos is only 22, I go with Morelos.

Jelavic was a better player when he joined us but Morelos will become a better player imho.

As much as i gave been hard on AM imo he is a far far better player than Jelavic. Tbh people really went way over the top about Jelavic, plus he played in a much better Rangers team than this one. AM wouls score 50 a season in the same team.

As much as i gave been hard on AM imo he is a far far better player than Jelavic. Tbh people really went way over the top about Jelavic, plus he played in a much better Rangers team than this one. AM wouls score 50 a season in the same team.
That ball from Candeias to Morelos at the weekend, I'd put substantial money on Jelavic tucking that away.

Jelavic was a better finisher and a more skillful footballer when he came to us.

But Morelos has a work rate that is simply phenomonal, his desire and stength outweighs the difference in ability between the two. He creates spaces and chances for others with his selfless running and challenging. And Morelos will only get better as he gets older.

Morelos for me as his contribution to a team is far more productive.

Jelavic was a better all round player and definitely the better finisher IMO

Given the length of time that’s passed, it’s easy to forget how vital Jelavic was to us winning that league with crucial goals

Overhead kick at Pittodrie etc

He was a sensational player

Might have done, AM should have scored. Jelavic missed loads of chances to, all forwards do.
I've mentioned above that I think Morelos probably has more potential.

Both very different types of striker, Jelavic was one that could score all kinds of goals and was a more clinical finisher, hence I selected him.

Nikica Jelavić by a mile. Morelos is a good striker and finisher but when he starts scoring free kicks, flicking the ball up in the air and score an overhead kick then thats when I know the two are on par.

Morelos and Novo would probably be a better comparison at this stage but I think Morelos will develop rapidly and be difficult to keep hold of after next season.

We are actually crying out for a Jelavic right now!

If Jelavic was as good as some people remember him, he'd have amounted to more in the game. In reality the peak of his career was the two seasons in Scotland during which he played 23 league games in the first season, 22 the next and was outscored both times (in total and in goals per game) by Gary Hooper.

Easy on the eye when in the mood, no doubt. Not quite the player he's often remembered as on here, though.

I am going to say Morelos. 30 goals in 45 games in a strong team, 4 pens for Jelavic. So i am going to look at it this way 26 goals from open play in 45 games for Jelavic. I feel last year we were not a strong team and with all the managerial upheaval its was hard for Morelos. If we take Morelos this season in a much stronger team i think he will score more than 26 goals from open play in a single season.

I would also be interested in the amount of assists from each as Morelos has a few assists already this season.

Jelavic was a better finisher, better striker and better footballer.

Jelavic was a technically better player but Alfredo is a better athlete and works harder for the team. I think this season his goal ratio will be as good if not better than Jelavic.

Jelavic but Morelos has the potential to go further then he did. Jelavic is the most natural finisher I’ve seen at Rangers, he had everything to be a top player at a top team but was more interested in the money. If I remember correctly he scored something like 14 in 14 including goals at White hart lane, Old Trafford and Wembley v Liverpool and finished as Everton’s top goal scorer. I wish we held onto him far longer than we did.

Voted Jelavic but don’t think it’s a fair comparison personally. Jelavic was just about to turn 25 when he signed, he signed for a side that had just won back to back titles under one of the Club’s greatest ever managers in Walter.

Morelos signed just after turning 21 for a side that’d been battered from pillar to post since around the time Jelavic left, under one of the Club’s worst ever managers in Pedro.

Let’s see where Alfredo is in a few years.

For sheer shot accuracy then Jelavic. For all round play, assists (9 this season!!), bullying defenders until they curl up in a ball and shout for their mammy, creating space for others, then Alfredo. Two very different strikers but Alfies all round game does it for me.

Anyone know how many assists Jelavic got for us?

Jelavic was better that said the Morelos that's in the form he has been the last few of months isn't as far off as some seem to think. Jelavic also had 4 years on Morelos and was playing at a higher level for when they both joined the club

You'd take that in Jan? When we're chasing a title? Who would you replace him with?
If we magically were given 20 million for him i trust in MA and the scouting team enough to find a good enough replacement. We're not getting that price for him though so it's irrelevant

It’s a really difficult question, I basically only voted for Morelos because of his age and because he’s our current striker but I couldn’t really answer it.

Jealvic was capabale of moments of absolute brilliance and he could do it at big moments. But he played in a much better Rangers side and I think Morelos is a much bigger nightmare for defenders overall, and his potential given his age is huge.
Summed up tbh

Alfredo, his overall play is much better, his ability to lead the line and bully any defence. His age, his potential.
Totally agree,never stops running or gives up on a ball,nothing against Nikica,just think he's far more industrious,even gets back to defend

At the same age Morelos is now jelavic had only scored something like 14 career goals before he moved to Vienna

Frightening to think how good Morelos could still be

Jelavic as the vote is today

Alfie will be the better player if he keeps progressing at the current rate.

Which one is eligible for Europe?

Not quite at Jelavic's level yet, however he will surpass him by far in terms of the level they play at and ability they have imo. The pace at which Morelos is improving is frightening really.

Two of my favourite Rangers strikers though.

Back