Alfredo Morelos or Nikica Jelavic

Morelos or Jelavic As Our Striker?

• Alfredo

Votes: 223 46.9%
  • Nikica

Votes: 252 53.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jelavic was a much better finisher , he would be probably bury that chance Alfredo got against Hearts (the one from Candeias’ cross.) He also scored a couple against them which is a monkey on Alfredo’s back at the moment.

Having said that, Jelavic had a peak Davis and Naismith around him and was part of a stronger side, Alfie occupies an entire defence single-handedly sometimes. If Alfie can develop some finesse and composure when finishing he will go on to have a bigger career than Jelavic.

Morelos is a good player and will make us a lot of money some day, but Jelavic was the better player.

To me, the only argument someone could make for Morelos is potential. Jelavic is the superior player. He pretty much had it all at this level. He could take it into feet, run the channels, was good in the air, scored goals and could play up front on his own or in a partnership.

He was also very good technically. While Morelos has moments of great technique, overall he’s poor technically.

Morelos is still a terrific player and is very important to us right now but I’d rather have Jelavic.

Jelavic was more technically gifted, that chance Candeias created on Sunday would have been volleyed into the top corner by Jelavic for example. Alfie, whilst still being skilful, brings absolute chaos with his style. Both were/are fantastic to watch.

Yeah I think when you watch that video of Jelavic’s goals it becomes apart that he was a much more ruthless and natural finisher.

I definitely think that all round, Morelos is proving to be more of a handful for defences, his strength, tenacity and the way he links up play must give them nightmares.

To me, the only argument someone could make for Morelos is potential. Jelavic is the superior player. He pretty much had it all at this level. He could take it into feet, run the channels, was good in the air, scored goals and could play up front on his own or in a partnership.

He was also very good technically. While Morelos has moments of great technique, overall he’s poor technically.

Morelos is still a terrific player and is very important to us right now but I’d rather have Jelavic.

No he isn't.

Jelavic was 3 years older than Morelos when he signed for us. I'd say that by the time Morelos is 25 he will be a more complete player than Jelavic.

Jelavic was the best we’ve had since pre-injury Mols.

I was surprised he didn’t have a better run at it in the EPL. I thought he would end up at a top 6 club.

Alfie has time on his hands to become better, but for me it’s Jelavic at the moment.

A quite frankly outrageous lack of goal GIFs in the OP considering the poster :mad:

I'm not voting on potential i am basing what we have seen of the 2 as Rangers players.

Right now it would be Jelavic, although i think Morelos is a better all rounder and will go on to forge a more successful career than Nikica.

If you ask me this at the end of the season with 55 in the bag, a top goalscorer award and a few goals against the beasts then my vote will most likely be to Freddo.

I voted Morelos on the basis of his age but truth be told he's not quite on the same level as Jelavic when he was on form. Jelavic was a great finisher from all over the penalty box however I think confidently Morelos is capable of achieving greater heights in football.

El Bufalo just ahead with 7 votes out of 417.

k9xlax.jpg

If we had Jelavic in our squad right now as we had him when he was here, Alfie would be on the bench. When Jelavic left us he went down south and when he could be bothered he was one of the best forwards in the league. However, Alfie has only just turned 22 and could well exceed NJs career if he continues to develop at the rate he is currently going.

I love Alfredo but until he scores against them regularly, my vote is Jelavic, who I also had man love for.

Voted AM, NK was with us later in his career and was therefore the finished article. AM is getting better and better and will make us a fortune

Was thinking the other day, how do you reckon Morelos would look in a similar team to the 2010-11 team? Ie players of the Davis, Naismith, Edu calibre

Jelavic was a couple of attributes away from being top drawer. I think he is the better player, but considering what we paid for both players then it's understandable. I think Jelavic was a better finisher too.

Jelavic by a country mile.

And thats not taking into account that Morelos seems to be mentally unhinged on occasion with stupid red cards.

Back