Ally Mccoist Instagram

What's not like about Ally the great many memories he has given us over the years with his excellent celebrations,and during the shit storm from years ago he probably was the best person to have around albeit it never worked out for him on the park.

Likewise with me mate. He was my boyhood hero growing up and I don’t think I’ll ever see another striker like him at rangers again.

I was gutted it didn’t work out for him as our manager. I would loved nothing more than mccoist to have been as successful as a manager as he was a player

Other than the fact I'm roughly the same age as Ally I agree with you. He was a hero for us all, someone living the dream and it didn't half show each time he scored.

Poor manager, exact same could be said of our greatest ever player, John Greig. However their failings in that position should never detract from the fact that both are legends of the highest order in our clubs glorious history.

Last edited:
Not the best manager but he hardly came in at a good time and if the accounts I've heard are to be believed fought tooth and nail against the malcontents and shettlestons that wanted our titles.

is instagram worth a look, is it a matter of signing up, then you can follow people

How amazing was it to see Sir Walter and Ally in the dugout for the Dundee Utd game at Ibrox in 2007. Such a good feeling after the disaster of PLG's reign and the year before that with Eck.

Legend. And as manager he at least fought for us and gave everything when we needed it most. Won't say a bad word about him, he's rangers through and through.

Super, Goram and Laudrup were my hero's growing up, enjoying his Instagram posts, always divides opinion now sadly after his managerial spell but will always be Super Ally to me.

It's hardly a cryptic message. If you're interested enough to click on the thread then go and have a look at his Instagram yourself. It's not rocket science. And as I said, I dont think it's possible to post a link to an Instagram story.
And for those not on Instagram?

How amazing was it to see Sir Walter and Ally in the dugout for the Dundee Utd game at Ibrox in 2007. Such a good feeling after the disaster of PLG's reign and the year before that with Eck.

Was brilliant

I was there that day and you couldn't get the smile off my face when they played the Super Ally song over the speakers before the game!

Always a legend to me. Blocked the managerial years out. He’ll always be Ally, the player in my eyes.

Ally should never have been a manager, he was a good assistant though.

You need to have a certain level of intellect to be a top manager, as much of a legend he is, I don't think Ally has that level, Walter Smith certainly did.

Ally was a great player and is a good comedian, he should stick to the comedy.

He's one of the most important managers too.

Without him there is a chance that we would have lost our identity

100% during the toughest years we have faced he was the glue I believe kept things together. Wasn’t maybe the best of managers but he’s a die hard rangers man and I think kept things at bay as best he could.

People forget what Ally gave up to come back to Ibrox. He was kicking off his media career at the time. But Rangers came calling.

Did anyone see his follow up vid "after discussions with the hotel manager, this is not a stuffy room" PMSL!

Last edited:
just gave him a follow. He's only got 6 posts on there though and can't see the video this thread is talking about. Has he taken it down?

he is good on talksport..was reading brazil was getting moved from the breakfast show..dont actually mind them on together

I love Super Ally. If you think you're a bigger Rangers fan than him, there's a very small chance you're right.

Back