Ally next up with the behave message

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got torn apart for not doing enough last season to prevent the George square celebrations.

Think the club are doing this so they don't get blamed again.

Think it's positive and proactive to put these messages out and to have inspirational Rangers men making the appeal.

Folk feeling patronised by it can shrug it off and watch something else. Last year, we got hammered over the George Sq stuff for folk saying we didn't do enough to address fans in advance, plus there's the spectre of all the disorder at Manchester.

We're putting out short, accessible videos that folk will watch because club legends are in them. All they're saying in them is to behave, and having a few of them helps keep the message in the mind

Our PR dept have played a blinder in making us look like cants.
Don’t think that’s entirely fair, although I get what you mean.
No matter what we do, it will be twisted into a criticism.
If we said nothing, we’d be criticised and have been in the past.
Remember “What did Rangers do to prevent this” “ Did Rangers do enough” raised in Holyrood after 55.
There are banks of Scottish “journalists“ waiting, hoping and praying for us to put a foot wrong. They want negativity, criticism and sensationalism, where they can deflect from our achievement and minimise our success.
They are in serious pain, frantic that we get beat, enjoy it.
These appeals are just cutting off one of their avenues to condemn us..

The PR team had to do something unfortunately that something has been planned and executed awfully.

A message was needed, but should have been one single message, with a far more positive tone.

Instead we have 4 (and counting) messages, all various levels of cringe. Which gives ammunition to the haters, that the club can't/don't trust the fans.

I don't really get it. I doubt someone who's 20 pints deep and full of gear is gonna stop mid riot and think 'shit, I better calm down here, Ally McCoist told me not to do this'.
The club is obviously bricking it. If the stadium is as steep as this link suggests:

Then it's an accident waiting to happen. Sutton is a trolling idiot and UEFA are incompetent for choosing the ground.

UEFA would like nothing better than to have a pop at us, and the Spanish police dont take prisoners ffs!

I'm used to getting Othered by the rest of Scottish football and the press up here. It's something special getting it from your own fucking club though. Tremendous relationship we've got with that board.

In other words they're just covering their own arse.
Exactly.

There will inevitably be bother of some degree. Especially if we lose.

100k emotional Bears. Add lager and a "I don't give a fvck" attitude... if only 0.1% act like bawbags, that's 100 eejits tarnishing the reputation of our great Club.

Add the optics of social media and it gets amplified out of all proportion.

The Club are defo covering their arses.

I just hope to goodness the bams that DO cause bother get locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back