Ally next up with the behave message

Status
Not open for further replies.
See this is the problem, can folk no just have a good time without drinking 20 pints and taking gear?
I've no problem with folk drinking 20 pints and taking take...as long as they don't behave like a walloper

Sutton ripping the pish was actually quite funny. It's beyond parody and rightly an open goal for slaughter.
The Sutton video is quite good, and it would be criminal if we didn't do the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

The PR department (no laughing at the back) have done their usual and made us out to be an embarrassment and laughing stock.

What is exclusive to Rangers is the way these incidents are reported. My issue is the way Rangers dont seem able to deal with this.
How do you expect rangers to deal with it? In all seriousness, all the club can do is ask people to be respectful and not be absolute fuds.

Essentially, yes. Personally, I don't like how it's being done. It's a bit patronising and they should go about it a different way.
They’re just doing it in such a crass way that if the shit does hit the fan the club can turn around to any subsequent UEFA enquiry and say we told them not to and this is how we did it. That way they might not get clattered by UEFA.

They’re just doing it in such a crass way that if the shit does hit the fan the club can turn around to any subsequent UEFA enquiry and say we told them not to and this is how we did it. That way they might not get clattered by UEFA.
What way do you suggest then ?

I don't really get it. I doubt someone who's 20 pints deep and full of gear is gonna stop mid riot and think 'shit, I better calm down here, Ally McCoist told me not to do this'.
Club covering their back I think. Now if some of our support don't behave the club can't be accused of not doing anything to prevent it.

How do you expect rangers to deal with it? In all seriousness, all the club can do is ask people to be respectful and not be absolute fuds.

The club could and should employ a professional researcher to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies. Produce academic standard reports and get them published to show how we are being demonised and discriminated against. Its not that difficult or expensive but it needs commitment from inside Ibrox. The alternative is an endless stream of hate filled propaganda.

What way do you suggest then ?
I haven’t got a problem with it but it is a bit crass the way they’re wheeling out the heroes of yesteryear to deliver the message. I fully understand why they feel they need to do it but it’s just a bit cringeworthy. Hopefully it’ll go off without a whimper and when the next final comes around we can all have a laugh and say ‘remember those bloody awful messages in 2022……

The club could and should employ a professional researcher to gather and present evidence of the bias, double standards and lies. Produce academic standard reports and get them published to show how we are being demonised and discriminated against. Its not that difficult or expensive but it needs commitment from inside Ibrox. The alternative is an endless stream of hate filled propaganda.
It has nothing to do with parochial nonsense and everything to do with UEFA

Like a petulant child, the more you tell me not to do something, the more I want to do it.

I've never been in bother before, but tomorrow I think I might kick up some flower beds just for shits and giggles.

Do it in my way to the beam back at Ibrox. Oh, wait...

The contempt with which this board view the support is a disgrace!

Having lived through Barcelona and been to Manchester, I get the messages, and nothing these days is going to offend me. However, it would have taken someone 5 minutes to have a better script for the legends to read. Amateurish.

If it was really necessary, it would've been better to just have one with their clips edited together - and more leaning towards the positives "amazing support" "ambassadors" etc.

The trickled release of "please, please behave" videos is a joke.

It’s beyond a joke now.
They can go and f uck themselves as far as I’m concerned.
Couldn’t get a ticket, but I’m wrecking ma hoose in protest.

It shows what the club thinks of it’s own support. It’s covers their arse when things get blown out of proportion, but it’s doesn’t feel great as a supporter to be patronised in this way.

From everything I’ve seen, we are no worse than most big clubs in terms of having some idiots who latch on and use it as an excuse to get out of control.

These constant messages just perpetuate the myth peddled by the media that Rangers fans, as a whole, can’t be trusted.

Last edited:
I don’t see the problem tbh. We can’t just pretend the Manchester final didn’t happen. Leave the cover ups to our rivals.
Do Celtic have videos from ex players whenever their humiliating themselves in Europe to tell their support, " Now remember, no pro IRA songs and fighting and try not to stab your fellow fans as was the case in Seville or attack airline staff forcing a plane to divert to Cardiff"!

I get having maybe us having 1 or even 2 ex-players and maybe Tav but ,they need to stop with these patronising videos now!

More crap, playing to the scum's tune. They've got us exactly where they want us and it now seems to be ingrained in some people's head.

All we do as Rangers supporters, is to defend ourselves from the garbage that comes our way on a never ending daily occurrence. We really should be more proactive in throwing everything at the scum supporters.

As per the weekend, they're just jolly craicsters having a wee sing-song and last year we were the big bad Rangers. Sick of this shite.

The Club have zero time for the support, that much is now clear. Those that run the club, don't deserve us. Kants.

Do Celtic have videos from ex players whenever their humiliating themselves in Europe to tell their support, " Now remember, no pro IRA songs and fighting and try not to stab your fellow fans as was the case in Seville or attack airline staff forcing a plane to divert to Cardiff"!
There wasn’t a fan scandal during their last UEFA cup final. They won an award apparently, or so they tell us.

Besides, ex celtic players know they’d be banned from all future club events and possibly threatened by the fans if they dared question the immaculate behaviour of tgfitw.

Reading between the lines, apparently Frankfurt supporters do have a bit of a reputation of being Arseholes.

The reason for the videos is to “encourage” people not to participate should they decide to act the madam, which I can understand.

I do agree though that 4 is ripping the piss and that the Ally one really should be the last one now.

I’ve no problem with these messages even if it makes a few people think twice.

I also think this won’t be a repeat of Manchester, Rangers fans are in party mode, out to enjoy ourselves and very much all in this together as a support.

I do think it’ll be the German hooligans who attack Rangers fans if there’s trouble.

There wasn’t a fan scandal during their last UEFA cup final. They won an award apparently, or so they tell us.

Besides, ex celtic players know they’d be banned from all future club events and possibly threatened by the fans if they dared question the immaculate behaviour of tgfitw.
They just had the stabbings of fellow fans and diversion of planes.

I don't really get it. I doubt someone who's 20 pints deep and full of gear is gonna stop mid riot and think 'shit, I better calm down here, Ally McCoist told me not to do this'.
The only thing it has achieved is show how out of touch the board are.

They just had the stabbings of fellow fans and diversion of planes.
Those weren’t real Celtic fans though. The no true Scotsman fallacy is alive and well with them. We’ve seen it the last few days.

denial-hiding-trash-under-rug-concept-truth-man-sweeping-rubbish-carpet-116920332.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back