Andy Goram. 1964 - 2022. RIP The Goalie

Rest in Peace, The Goalie.

For as long as there is a Rangers and for as long as football is played in Scotland, the Goalie will be remembered. A genuinely world class talent who could make your jaw drop with his physic-defying saves at time. .
People decades from now will look back and marvel at his heroics on the football pitch.

Thank you Andy, for everything you gave us.

My condolences to his loved ones.

I lost a phone with pictures of me & Andy from a RFC club where he was speaking had a few Red wines with him top bloke real down to earth Gutted

Sad, sad news. The greatest goalkeeper Scotland has ever produced - a world class operator at his peak.

Rest in peace Andy.

We’ll all have our own memories of Andy. Some of the saves he pulled off against Celtic beggar belief, but there’s one thing that really stands out for me and it shows how much he strived for perfection.

We drew Keith in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup in the mid 90s. Rangers, the defending champions of Scotland against Keith, a part time junior outfit who had done brilliantly to even reach the 3rd round.

We were 10-0 up when Keith went up the park and scored to make it 10-1. Most Rangers players didn’t really care that Keith scored. In fact most would probably have been happy to see an amateur footballer fulfil what was probably a lifetime ambition of scoring against the mighty Rangers.

Not Andy. He wanted complete perfection and went mental at his defence who he blamed for conceding the goal. He wanted a clean sheet in every game. Whether that be Celtic or Keith. Andy was a perfectionist.

Just clicked onto the BBC website and saw the headline, I'm now sitting here with tears welling up.

For the fans we have lost a legend but will still have the memories, his friends and family have lost the man and will forever have a gap in their lives.

Every passing of a former player is a sad occasion but when it’s a boyhood hero and part of such an iconic team it’s even more difficult. Really was at the very top and a massive part of winning 9IAR. Leeds away will be one of many memories he has left us with. Absolutely gutted.

Absolutely gutted, knew it was coming, didnt think I would get so emotional when it came. On holiday at the moment, jst glad i've got my sunglasses on watching some of the tributes.

The Goram memory over and above his, off the scale saves that always makes me chuckle is his double hit on DeCanio, he was raging and Goram looking cool as, rest easy Andy.
Life can be so unfair sometimes.

The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be. The Rangers family have lost an absolute titan today. Rest easy Andy, the goalie.

Rip goalie, absolute legend who will never be bettered , thoughts with all his family and friends at this awful time

RIP goalie. You gave us some great great memories. Will be sadly missed. Thoughts and prayers are with your loved ones at this sad time

We knew this was coming but it makes it no less painful. Utterly heartbroken. A legend, an icon, a hero. RIP Goalie.

Back