Andy Halliday

Glad to see hes turned it around but for anyone to suggest hes not been as bad in the past as made out is nonsense.

A decent management team can change a player though and its good to see hes got his sh1t together.

I think if he is given clear instructions he can be a good player.
This is it for me. Under previous regimes he seemed to try and do 2 or 3 different jobs and did them all badly. Under SG he seems to have clear, simple instructions and executes them well.

His workrate today was tremendous.

Once again a cracking performance.

Really proving the doubters wrong, he is like a new player......
Totally agree,I was unfortunate to be sitting beside an Halliday hater,he was unbelievable,Andy got abuse every time he had the ball,he eventually grudgingly agreed he had a good game.

Never let us down all season.

Hung out to dry last season by the interim gimp

Remember Jig used to rub his head after tackles Andy does something similar in going down ‘injured’ probably to break up play gets the medics on goes off and bounds back on

Once again a cracking performance.

Really proving the doubters wrong, he is like a new player......
He is. Has played in a few positions already this season and has never let Gers down. Long may it continue - he’s a valuable member of the first team squad.

Halliday IS a good player and he's proving it under Gerrard. Far to quick to take blame out on some players when management is clearly the problem. Halliday hasn't put a foot wrong this season in midfield or left back. Outstanding effort, passion and decent performance.

If it wasn’t for Kent, he would have been my motm.

It’s clear that with the better players, tactics and backroom team, he can get on his own game and contribute.

Clearly the manager rates him and Andy has not let anyone down this season and long may it continue.

If everyone is fit we all know he won't play but if called upon he is reliable and does a job

Halliday was hopeless last season. Every one got a clean slate after last season and he's done very well thus far under Steven Gerrard.

His passing is more fluid than Jack's and he doesn't slow it down as much.

He has been nothing short of great any time he has been called upon this season.

As mentioned previously SG and the coaching team have not only brought in there own players but also got more out some of the ones already here.
Exactly. Our management has massively improved our old players. Just as dare I say rubber face revitalised deilas squad

I thought he was done, and well below what was required for 55.

Delighted to be proved wrong, a valuable member of the squad, Stevie G has faith and so do I.

Keep it up Andy, WATP.

Never got comments like this. Halliday has undoubtedly been abysmal for the better part of 2 years, he’s put in some much improved performances this season and long may it continue, but it doesn’t erase his previous performances.

This is fair & accurate.

No problem with him playing games like today. Likes of Motherwell away, he should be nowhere near. Still not good enough.

Today is the exception not the rule.

People are having a dig about last season's performances without thinking things through. The position he plays, and the role, is not one where anyone other than a top, world class player, can drag 10 shit team mates through a game. Halliday and players like him will always look poor in poor sides and now that he has runners and people helping carry some of the work rate, he looks every inch a good, dependable midfielder. His passing under pressure was good, because someone was always making themselves available. His passing over distance was good because our wide players were making space for themselves. His tracking and tackling were very good because he was not left to try and mark 2 or even 3 men at a time and he knew that if he did his job, his team mates would do theirs.

He is not a tremendous player, he is a good player who is benefiting enormously from playing within a more structured environment with players who are much better at their own jobs than the players we had last season.

He will play a big part in our season, not as first choice all the time, but as a reliable back-up who is more than capable of filling in and doing what he has to do.

Fair play to him for a fucking amazing attitude and level of application too.

His issues were never about him on the ball. The issues were with him off of the ball. This has improved.

Near the end of the match I said to my mate that I thought Halliday was a strong contender for MOTM and he's been like a totally different player this season and no sooner had the words left my lips and he passed the ball right out the park! :)
To be fair I think that was the only thing he did wrong the whole game....1 slack pass!
He now has a manager that knows what buttons to press with him, has confidence in him to do a job for us and Andy's responding.
I'm delighted for the guy!

Its easy to point the finger when the chips are down.

Andy gets the head down and works hard. Some of the comments on here over the past year have been horrific. You could have mistaken the insults as being directed at a tim. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and the analysis of a players ability but it went way beyond that. The fact is that in games he was getting slated, there was not a single player on the pitch that could have held their head high.

Its great to see that he's ignored all that and is moving on to be an important part of the team this season. He is literally living all of our dreams and it isn't something he takes for granted.

Is this credit to Stvevie G making a Sows Ear into a Silk Purse, was one who slanged him, however he’s now a different player, much better, should have played against the Scum.

Halliday was hopeless last season. Every one got a clean slate after last season and he's done very well thus far under Steven Gerrard.

His passing is more fluid than Jack's and he doesn't slow it down as much.

But Jack is much tougher defensively. In games like today, Andy can come in & do a good job as long as he continues to track runners like he’s now doing.

Is this credit to Stvevie G making a Sows Ear into a Silk Purse, was one who slanged him, however he’s now a different player, much better, should have played against the Scum.
I think he is being managed well.
Stevie the Ger has carefully brought Andy Halliday's confidence back and shaped his game to one of doing the simple stuff well and cutting out elements in his game that led to errors.
Gerrard has taken to management like a natural.

Nothing ar all against Andy & I hope he continues to contribute to a winning Rangers team, but I disagree.
For me he's cover only and does not have a position. He's too laboured and slow on the ball, too easily outmuscled & will get caught out in the faster, harder games.
I'd much rather have seen Mccrorie today, as 1st half we gave them too much room with noone at DM.
As said, I like and wish him well, but not good enough.
Totally disagree, he has come back this season fitter , faster and stronger, he is a valuable part of our squad, he was brilliant today.

He was was superb today, but people are in danger of re-writing history here. He was very poor the last two seasons so any criticism was just, and it certainly never became abuse for him. The overwhelming majority wished he was better, as they liked him, it was never personal.

Gerrard has undoubtedly managed to get the best out of him, and long may it continue, but can we please stop pretending that Andy has always put in this level of performance for us. He’s playing his best football in a Rangers shirt by some distance.

Oh well im glad you don't pick the team ..
It takes a squad to win things and Andy is very deserving part of this Squad

Haha, fair enough, but I wouldn't mind a shot at it, wouldn't we all, it's just a football forum.
I thought this was the perfect game for Ross McCrorie, would have brought him on as first sub, half time even, as we had gone a bit flat in midfield. Ross gives us more energy & drive & it was getting quite physical.
Andy gives us 100% & he'll have my full support any time he plays, but he'd be well down the pecking order in my MF. Sincerely hope that AH proves me wrong.

Some turnaround from not even getting a game on loan last season. Fair play to himself for putting in the work and SG for having faith and seeing something he had to offer

Good performance from Halliday today. He’s gonna be a useful player to have around with all the games we have coming up.

Wouldn’t be in my team every week but will need to use squad wisely this season.

Back