Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was that easy that Lennon couldn’t do it, nor Caixinha or Warburton.

Appointing a guy with no experience in Europe, and who has only worked in leagues poorer than Scotland suggests a disaster to me.

Put it this way if he’s that good, why have no other clubs approached him in Europe? He’s 55, not some upcoming young manager.

In addition how would we feel if he were Gerrard’s replacement? I personally would be livid if we took such a gamble on a cheap appointment.

FFS I never said he was good.

I'm saying basically you don't have to be that good to win a cup. (Alan Stubbs) The Premiership is dross.

He won't win the league. He might be a stand in for a while. Some posters have already speculated on that.

FFS I never said he was good.

I'm saying basically you don't have to be that good to win a cup. (Alan Stubbs) The Premiership is dross.

He won't win the league. He might be a stand in for a while. Some porters have already speculated on that.
And I’ve just given you some examples of managers who couldn’t overcome that dross.

Cup competitions you absolutely can get lucky in. If we win the league next year though (and I think that is highly likely). I don’t see the hoards giving him another season.

An utterly bizarre appointment that is in the Deila category.

I doubt he's ever dealt with players who are making the kind if dosh that will just drop down tools if he doesn't know how the proper way to manage them!
After seeing the interview where he's arguing with commentator it looks easy to set him off!
This has disaster written all over it...
Which is nice! :D

My Tim mate saying his interview was impressive and him and McKay will have been conversing on targets for weeks :))

How would that go

Ange “so I’ve seen this player who is my number 1 target. Looks well suited to my style “
McKay “what position does he play full back or scrum half??”

My Tim mate saying his interview was impressive and him and McKay will have been conversing on targets for weeks :))

How would that go

Ange “so I’ve seen this player who is my number 1 target. Looks well suited to my style “

McKay "Eddie why are your putting on an Australian accent???"

How would that go

Bit of a kick in the teeth to Howe, if they were still in talks with him weeks ago, but asking some random manager in the Japanese league about targets.

Or maybe Lawell was talking to Howe but didn't know McKay was talking to Ange.

And I’ve just given you some examples of managers who couldn’t overcome that dross.

Cup competitions you absolutely can get lucky in. If we win the league next year though (and I think that is highly likely). I don’t see the hoards giving him another season.

An utterly bizarre appointment that is in the Deila category.

Of course you can lucky in a cup final. So this guy gets lucky. Would the tims take a cup after last season. Of course they would. That would be a result for him. Lennonn needed THE TEN. This guy needs a cup.

I'm looking forward to winning the lot.

If your going to try and point score then make it original and barbed. That way you'll get the attention you seek.
I'm not trying to point score. It was a tongue in cheek comment. We're all laughing at this guy and the result the other night while you're almost defending him. You're trying to make out the 4th tier team that knocked them out are a decent team and trying to say they've been 4th tier Champions 4 years in a row but yet they finished 4th last year.

How would that go

Tim mate cant think out the box as up to 2 weeks ago it was Howe being the new manager so Ange wouldnt be quoting players.

"... Peter Lawwell reveals club tracked Ange Postecoglou for YEARS ..."

Ange has now asked Lawwell if he can remove his ankle tag -

images

The Postecoglou appointment is hilarious, a couple of bad results and the septic fans will hound him out the club reading by their comments online they don't seem to be willing to have patience with him.

Next season could very well turn out to be even funnier than last season.
This appointment has train wreck written all over it, the earl haigs will be baying for blood before Christmas.

Rolling 12 month contract is what they always done as long as I can remember

It means that every day it renews for another 365 days. It doesn't run from now until next June fixed and you don't wind it down. In other words you always have 365 days ahead of you where you'll be in contract.
it also means that massive treasure chest fc only have to pay out a years salary should they fire him

Targeting another foreign coach right from the off lol
Xenophobic Gobber and all round goat Gobbler Sutton cannot help himself, rival fans are always going to have a dig. A former player, BBC broadcaster and BT Sport's pundit? Pesky foreigner coming in and stealing a Poets job

Last edited:
Am sure that's been discussed on here.

A handful of players, £1.5m total cost.
He has signed plenty of players

Even just at his Japanese club

And it totals more than £1.5m

I don't know how much influence he had on signing them

I don't know how good they were

But i do know he will need plenty of free transfers in the next few windows

Last edited:
Tim in my work reckons he'll be gone by Christmas..
Tim at my work today almost had a meltdown while trying to play it cool.
You underestimated and sneered at Wim Jansen look how that turned out
You all said Martin o neill wouldn’t be a success
Wrong again
Best of all you and I mean you were literally laughing when Lenny got appointed again and he won a treble twice.(I know he didn’t btw)
I’m telling you he will take Celtic to the title next year put you khunts back in your box

it was glorious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back