Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Scottish media are going to surpass themselves these coming weeks.

Wait to hear about this fat slovenly pigs favourite Lisbon Lion.
How he has always known that the refs are against celtc since that Cadette goal.
How his football style made Maradona shed a tear.
And for us to hear from every filth player from Tom Boyd to Chris Killen to tell us how this guy is the real deal.
A quick glance at the current articles on offer and it doesnt look like we'll have to wait weeks for such comedy...

Hope he’s draped in the Australian flag for his public unveiling
21368-australia-simpsons_400px.jpg

Dalglish was barely known outside Scotland when he left in 1977. I remember Dalglish scoring for Scotland in an international with a back heel and in the post match review BJK assuring the English reviewers that Dalglish would have intended to score by that means. It was one of the major tournaments. If Ange had a Dalglish poster in his room it would certainly have been in a red strip.
Every new manager or player loved Celtic as a boy.

Meanwhile, in the Sunday Mail in the year 3500...

smashadvert.PNGceltic.PNG

New Celtic manager K25Z18U, the first non-carbon based life-form to take the manager's seat at Celtic Park, told HUGH KEEVINS, "Back in Andromeda on Planet Zarplar in 2000 I was just a little alien, and I always watched Celtic because they wiped out all the Protestants who moved from Ireland to Scotland and took full ownership of not having any of those silly potatoes, that they have to peel with their stupid metal knives, and crush with..."

Don't blame me for how ridiculous my post is. Celtic started it with that appointment.

And just for the thought police, the potato famine is not a laughing matter but attempting to own it in full and deny the effects on the Protestant community so as to turn it into a stick with which to hit the Brits is worthy of having a dig at. Trying to wipe a section of society out of history for tactical reasons is vile.

You've tried to make out they're a decent team and won the league 4 years in a row when it's been pointed out they finished 4th last year.
If your going to try and point score then make it original and barbed. That way you'll get the attention you seek.

What does this guy have to do ? Beat the dross that is the majority of the Scottish Premiership.

He'll have a couple of hard away games, Hearts and maybe Hibs.

He'll lose a shock game.

So it's against us. He might win one at a screaming Parkhead. Probably lose both at Ibrox.

Might win a cup, which the tims at this stage, would take with open arms.

He might not be an out and out disaster.
Its a fair point and hes coming in both with the bar low and following a complete moron so its almost impossible not to do well by comparison.

The problem for him is, as Rangers continue to progress under Gerrard hes not going to be judged on those things, rather than his ability to stop Rangers progressing under Gerrard.

Maybe best not leave his Japanese and Aussie WhatsApp Groups just yet...

I see a lot of comments from tims along the lines "I'm sure he knows what will be expected of him"

Yeah I bet Pedro Caxinha did as well but we know how that turned out.

I think if they were ever in a position to attract a decent candidate, which I dont believe they were, then any potential managers will have seen the negativity that enshrouds that midden, along with the fact that I think there is not much money, best players jumping ship and a support that wont put any money into their club. Its a joyous time.

Desperate stuff this. He is already giving the "our great club" shite. Very obviously reading a script that has the title "it's your job now to sell season tickets, did we no mention that?"

Roll up, Roll up come see the movie where they couldn't get De Niro, Pacino or Di Caprio and mcAvoy turned them down
the one with that guy you saw in the background of 1 scene of the Expendables
c'mon please buy tickets

I hope with his all out attacking plan A free flowing football, he gets Livingstone and Motherwell in his first 2 games.

They'll get kicked higher than a Ryan Christie shot fae the edge of the box.

I can't wait for the (hopefully) inevitable 'gardening leave' around Christmas and a call to Lennon to come and save the day.

Regardless of his capabilities or lack of, he’ll do nothing unless they knock the recruitment out of the park. They’ll spend a decent amount I’d think but it’s a massive ask for someone that doesn’t know the league and has no DOF. Which is nice.

Are any of them asking the question why Lawwell is making comments on this appointment when he apparently retired at the start of June?

Rugby cùnt started work on 1 June yet here's Lawwell still pulling the strings.

Retired my arse.

What does this guy have to do ? Beat the dross that is the majority of the Scottish Premiership.

He'll lose a shock game.

So it's against us. He might win one at a screaming Parkhead. Probably lose both at Ibrox.

That's all Lennon had to do though? And if it was that easy why didn't Gerrard come close in his first 2 years?

He'll lose a shock game.

This one will stop posting by September.

What was Ke55y record to beat?

I think the rolling contract is essentially firing him with an option to not fire him every 12 months.
Rolling 12 month contract is what they always done as long as I can remember

It means that every day it renews for another 365 days. It doesn't run from now until next June fixed and you don't wind it down. In other words you always have 365 days ahead of you where you'll be in contract.

He'll lose a shock game.

It was that easy that Lennon couldn’t do it, nor Caixinha or Warburton.

Appointing a guy with no experience in Europe, and who has only worked in leagues poorer than Scotland suggests a disaster to me.

Put it this way if he’s that good, why have no other clubs approached him in Europe? He’s 55, not some upcoming young manager.

In addition how would we feel if he were Gerrard’s replacement? I personally would be livid if we took such a gamble on a cheap appointment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back