Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some buzz this is.

This is a lawwell special, his name is all over this one. Cheap appointment, plus he’s putting his filthy wee tie in with Man City to good use since his boy works there.

This Aussies team is Yokohama, they have a tie in with the City Group, they’re going for the Irish guy Harkin who works there and using his contacts with the Japanese for this Aussie no mark.

I hope they get him in!!!
Unless it is someone at city they are signing and it’s been agreed not to announce until end of season it really says they’ve no clue. No club should be strung along by someone for near 3 months. They should’ve had agreement in by start of May (and signed) or move on to next on the list. Longer it goes the harder it is to get everything in place for next season. Perhaps they’ve written it off and any trophy will be a bonus! As someone said the more it goes on the more 90s it feels. However, I’m counting no chickens yet - a few wrong signings or bad luck with injuries and can easily swing the other way. I’m just glad we seem to have a good team with a balance on short, medium and long term.

If they’re wanting to go with an Aussie I can think of a more sellick minded candidate

Rolf%20Harris.jpg

The guy is probably a good coach and an ambitious individual. I am sure he will do better than Niec or Kennedy. But he does not know the first thing about our League, the pressures of managing in our city and his acumen in the European transfer market is unproven. Even if they appoint a decent DoF, and I expect they will, it will take months for it all to gel together over there. If we come flying out the traps at the start of the season we could be 10 points clear by the New Year old firm. 56 isn't psychologically as big a deal as 55 but financially its huge, if we bag that one we are in great position.

I wouldn't be surprised if they'd leaked this name and then go for someone like Jack Ross in the hope that the support will be relieved it's someone 'who knows the league'. Just seems to be too random so it looks like a PR move to me.

I hope he keeps Strachan and Kennedy !
He won’t have a choice. If this guys appointed it’ll be as a yes man. He will get told who the DOF is, who the transfer targets are, who the backroom staff are, who’s contract is getting renewed and who isn’t etc. He will just be happy to have a European team and will do what he’s told.

Would be buying the fireworks for 56 tomorrow if he’s announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back