Any truth in this rumour

Don't believe Earl Haig's, don't believe Twitter.
Don't believe Earl Haig's on Twitter!
Believe he won't go anywhere until after we win 55 and Croatia win the Euros and we get a fortune for the tournament's best left back

As long as none of our big boys leave before the end of the season.

Thereafter, I’m sure they’ll get our blessing. For the right money.:D

Not a chance this is real. Bornas best hope
Of a bigger move is to sign an extension and win us the league, play in the champions league

Don’t see Barasic leaving for a year or 2 years yet.

Also don’t see us letting him go before the euros where his value will sky rocket.

I saw that earlier on and just dismissed it. No reason to suspect this account has gotten the information over everyone else. I sincerely hope it's not true for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it would show a bit of a negative attitude from Barasic considering how the gaffer has stood behind him. It also means that we are likely to have less of a bargaining tool when we do come to sell.

I have no doubt Borna will move on to a better league that we can offer at the moment. However, he's still get his move and earn the club money even with a contract extension.

I do hope he's going nowhere this window which the gaffer has said is not happening. Ideally I'd like for him to stay on for a bit then earn himself a right big move. If he's really looking for Champions League football then fine, help us win the league and he'll have some to look forward to next season.

The last line to me suggests its fake.

Wants champs league football.

We all know he getting it next year here and more likely to get it here in the future if indeed it is a factor.

Calling it bull shiteeeee

He is under contract and the only way he is going anywhere is if an obscene offer is made an the club accepts

No chance, he is on form and knows he can cement a place In the team for the Euros , also of he wanted more money playing well for us would ensure a larger signing bonus and wage elsewhere if he decided to leave.

I would call bullplop on this.

He had both the humility and the cojones to approach the gaffer to apologise for not trying in the infamous Liverpool bounce game. If he had wanted to leave, he could easily have done so. In my opinion, he's not fought hard to get to full fitness and form, making the LB area one of the most formidable in the team and the country to jump ship to a team who may only have two ties left in the CL, and may not qualify next season.

He will get a new deal , player benefits with a nice wage rise until the summer and we win by being able to command a higher fee after he tears it up at the Euros.

No say we sell any of our 1st 11 unless we get made a silly offer and for Borna that would be £20m+ in this window.

Even if this wasn’t nonsense , which it is , The player is under contract . He doesn’t get to decide to just “ leave “ . People seem to forget this small detail .

Back