Anyone still want Tommy Wright as Rangers boss?

As I recall, most of the posts about Wright were more a case of pointing out that there was merit in arguing that his efforts at St Johnstone - on a much lesser budget - compared favourably to McInnes at Aberdeen. In other words, they were more arguing against McInnes rather than in favour of Wright.

We have a Manager. There’s no need for anyone to be ‘touting’ someone else for the post.

Well I will stick my neck out. Of all the managers that were being touted he was my preferred choice. Will not start going through the pros and cons of all the candidates suffice to say I thought he was the most likely to succeed given his experience in Scottish football. I didn’t think Pedro would last past the end of October. Have I changed? Oh yes. The passion and commitment from Pedro has convinced an old pessimistic half glass full supporter that maybe, just maybe, he is getting things right. A wee bit to go but 55 is not far away.

I suppose it didn’t help Tommy’s cause tonight when MOH wasn’t available to tell him the Rangers team in advance. ;)

I want Pedro to work out and succeed

But Wright has been pretty successful on a shoe string in Perth and compares well with others linked to Rangers

He’s a good guy and a bear, I don’t get the current personal abuse / dislike shown to him on here

Will he ever manage Rangers - I hope not as I’d love for Pedro to keep improving the team and go on to win trophies long term, but could we do worse than Wright? Absolutely

One defeat does not make him a rubbish manager, just as beating us comprehensively at Ibrox a couple of seasons ago doesn’t make him a genius

To even begin to contemplate linking him to us - as some on here did after Luxembourg - is utterly mindblowing. The guy is an arsehole - and a really shite football manager.
Not really back shite football manager though is he? Under Wright, At Johnstone continually over achieve. That's the of good manager.

He's a decent manager, would do well at a club with a bigger budget, maybe a Hearts or Aberdeen.

He is never a Rangers manager in a million years though, he is a colossal dickhead.

I'd have still preferred him over McIness before Pedro took over

but F%$k them both - I back Pedro

1/ Easy to be smart after a 3-0 win

2/ Who said they wanted him?
The Buffalo poster likes the Jose Mourihno comments.

I said I would offload Pena and he was giving it the Jose patter.

I for one would love to be proved wrong and would love the guy to turn it around , done well last night but I want to see it week in week out before going overboard.

To even begin to contemplate linking him to us - as some on here did after Luxembourg - is utterly mindblowing. The guy is an arsehole - and a really shite football manager.
Correct mate .
Never wanted him in the first place and haven't seen anything to change my mind since .
Tommy Wright ? Rangers Manager ? FFS.

Tommy Wright is and never will be Rangers class. He's a decent manager, but we're above decent because of our history and size. The fact Wright thinks his team was the better team for 70 minutes showed me he's clearly on drugs or something. His team got away lightly with a 3-0 score. It could have been 5 or 6.

f.uck tommy wright - hows about that

That's great, really well thought through.

The bile against Tommy Wright is ridiculous. He's PROVED hes a decent manager with a provincial team on a small budget. Why do so many of our fans slag off a guy like this. It's beneath us and it's embarrassing.

I thought he talked rubbish after the game but he was making a case for his own team, as he's paid to do. Let it go and leave this type of crap to the obsessed ones

The people that wanted him as manager justified it by saying he'd have us well organised and difficult to beat.

That is exactly what we were last night under Pedro yet I've seen the exact same people saying the performance last night still wasn't good enough and the jury is still out on Pedro. Figure that one out.

Some of the opinions our fans hold are genuinely mind boggling.

Whatever else he may or may not be, he is clearly NOT a "really shite football manager". He knows what he's doing, and he's doing it consistently well, on buttons.

Don't talk pish. He might not be Rangers manager material but to say he is a shite football manager is absolute nonsense. Have you actually seen what he's achieved at St Johnstone during his time there on a budget of 30 pence and crowds barely over 3,000?

Back