Anyone still want Tommy Wright as Rangers boss?

Don't talk pish. He might not be Rangers manager material but to say he is a shite football manager is absolute nonsense. Have you actually seen what he's achieved at St Johnstone during his time there on a budget of 30 pence and crowds barely over 3,000?
He's their most successful manager.

I want Pedro to work out and succeed

But Wright has been pretty successful on a shoe string in Perth and compares well with others linked to Rangers

He’s a good guy and a bear, I don’t get the current personal abuse / dislike shown to him on here

Will he ever manage Rangers - I hope not as I’d love for Pedro to keep improving the team and go on to win trophies long term, but could we do worse than Wright? Absolutely

One defeat does not make him a rubbish manager, just as beating us comprehensively at Ibrox a couple of seasons ago doesn’t make him a genius

Excellent post.

I never wanted Wright.
And i dont want Pedro either,neither of them are rangers class,we deserve better,
Pedro has talked too much shite to be a rangers manager.A bit embarrassing.

Some of the personal jibes aimed at him on here are poor. 'He looks like he sleeps in his car' if I'm not mistaken, he is a big Rangers man. I don't fancy him as our next manager but just leave out the personal digs.

I wouldn't say he was shite but definitely not rangers class. It was a no from me before the game and still a no after.

He's been mild compared to McInnes but people are still falling over themselves to have him as manager.

Wright over McInnes any day for me .

Some poor comments on here

The reality is Tommy Wright has done a fantastic job at St J, performed consistently well & brought huge success to them

He has a well organised side capable of terrific results consistently

Plus he is a huge Rangers man, the obvious connection to us was clear

Suddenly because we’ve beaten them 3-0 he’s this & that? Not for me I’m afraid

Tommy Wright is a decent guy fighting the corner for his team, I’ve no issues with that & no issues with saying he was one I would look at IF things went south with Pedro

Worth also noting, Our result last night was everything TW brings to his teams - organised, game plan & well executed

When we are at our best we should beat everyone in this league so it’s no slight on him or St J we done just that

& it’s certainly every credit to Pedro & the team we did

As I said last night, a few more results like that & any doubters will quickly become believers & all anyone wants is for Pedro to succeed
Very good post, mate. One that anyone who can't see or understand the job that Wright is doing at ST. Johnstone should read.

Yes, the premier league has been a sham the whole time we’ve been away

& fluking a cup means nothing, his team is shite
Utter pish. I suppose he fluked the consistent top six finishes and qualifying for Europe on a regular basis too?

Don't talk pish. He might not be Rangers manager material but to say he is a shite football manager is absolute nonsense. Have you actually seen what he's achieved at St Johnstone during his time there on a budget of 30 pence and crowds barely over 3,000?

He's their most successful manager.

He's clearly done a very good job but his achievements have been exaggerated imo.

Has he done any better than someone like Stuart McCall for example who took Motherwell to 3rd, 2nd, and 2nd? That was three best of the rest finishes in a row. I don't remember fans and people in the media raving about his achievements as much as they do Wright.

It's not as if Wright took over a struggling team and turned them into a top 4 side. They had finished in the top six the two seasons previous before he arrived. They finished 6th under McInnes and then 3rd under Lomas. So Wright took over a team who finished 3rd and has never taken them higher than 4th.

He's clearly done a very good job but his achievements have been exaggerated imo.

Has he done any better than someone like Stuart McCall for example who took Motherwell to 3rd, 2nd, and 2nd? That was three best of the rest finishes in a row. I don't remember fans and people in the media raving about his achievements as much as they do Wright.

It's not as if Wright took over a struggling team and turned them into a top 4 side. They had finished in the top six the two seasons previous before he arrived. They finished 6th under McInnes and then 3rd under Lomas. So Wright took over a team who finished 3rd and has never taken them higher than 4th.

He won the Scottish Cup.

Utter pish. I suppose he fluked the consistent top six finishes and qualifying for Europe on a regular basis too?

They were already a top 6 side before he arrived. In fact, they were a top 3 side which he has never been able to replicate.

I never wanted Wright.
And i dont want Pedro either,neither of them are rangers class,we deserve better,
Pedro has talked too much shite to be a rangers manager.A bit embarrassing.

What shite has he said that you find embarrassing?

They were already a top 6 side before he arrived. In fact, they were a top 3 side which he has never been able to replicate.
Top three was punching well above their weight. He's kept them up the top end and gave them their first major trophy. I don't want him at Rangers but to say he isn't a good manager is just nonsense.

The guy is a very good manager as far as St Johnstone go.

No need for the snide comments being posted.

PC had the last laugh.

Top three was punching well above their weight. He's kept them up the top end and gave them their first major trophy. I don't want him at Rangers but to say he isn't a good manager is just nonsense.

He is a good manager and has done a very good job at St Johnstone but I do think people forget St Johnstone were already a good team before he arrived so lets not go overboard. The foundations had been laid by both McInnes and Lomas which led to both of them being given opportunities to manage in England.

That's great, really well thought through.

The bile against Tommy Wright is ridiculous. He's PROVED hes a decent manager with a provincial team on a small budget. Why do so many of our fans slag off a guy like this. It's beneath us and it's embarrassing.

I thought he talked rubbish after the game but he was making a case for his own team, as he's paid to do. Let it go and leave this type of crap to the obsessed ones
It wasn't just after the game he was talking mince.

The game at Ibrox where they beat us in the cup, he turned round to behind the dugout and shouted ''get it fucking up ye's". The class of a future rangers manager? No

Some of the personal jibes aimed at him on here are poor. 'He looks like he sleeps in his car' if I'm not mistaken, he is a big Rangers man. I don't fancy him as our next manager but just leave out the personal digs.

I did actually laugh at that comment.

Point taken, however.

I thought they started the game well and a decent attacking MF and a younger striker, they could've had more end product.

Dorrans was running the show and their frustrations increased and I saw an ugly side to their play. Wasn't pretty but maybe it's their plan B when things aren't going well

He's done a good job up there, and generally comes across as a decent guy.

The very thought of a Rangers manager who can't comb his hair before a press conference, though ?

Never wanted him. Done a decent enough job at St Johnstone but not who/what I want at Rangers. He's come across as a bit of a tit this week as well.

I don't know much about tommy wright, but to be fair, I thought St. Johnstone played very well last night. They were well organised, attacked with many coming forward and got back into shape fast. They ran us pretty close that game so I think he must be doing something right.

Good rangers Man is Tommy very much one of us in every sense think he’s done well at st Johnstone but being rangers manager is whole different thing plus he would get tortured by the mhedia

OP probably thinks he's being slightly superior in suggesting this but in all honesty his name was never anything more than a reactionary suggestion after a particular poor result.

The problem isn't his managerial ability as such nor defending his team but it's the rhetoric coming from him during the week.

Back