Are we expecting the Gaffer to pull a Rabbit out of the hat?

Marquee Signing?

• Yes

Votes: 266 32.2%
  • No

Votes: 561 67.8%

• Total voters
The big issue we have in comparison to IRAceltic is that over the course of a season squad depth and quality will will be utilised and tested and one will prevail over the other.

IRAceltic are successful because as an attacking threat they create so many chances in every game that it's so unlikely they won't score. They have a host of good attack minded players all likely to create or score in their squad who they can turn to when someone's form dips or someone gets injured etc.

Another thing you notice is that rarely does any team go two goals ahead against them, or even score two against them. A big part of this is due to the fact the opposition are spending 90% of the time trying to cope with the real attacking threats against them.

Imo as we have proved we have a team and system capable of matching them on any given day but over the whole season I am fearful. This is where I think we desperately require at least another quality attacker / winger and a Striker.

Grezda, Murphy, Dorrans, Candeais, Middleton are either gone or out of the picture. Jones, Stewart, Arfield and Ojo are not exactly excelling and Kent and Aribo are still a bit inconsistent. I know it won't be a popular opinion but this is a major concern for me and where I think IRAceltic has a big advantage over the course of the season.

Our midfield 3 are doing very well but are not a huge source of goals and in the last 2 games against very negative opposition we severely lacked answers in creating good chances. There's no doubt in my mind we will continue to face these stubborn opposition and at some stage we won't find the answer and it'll cost us.

This is where we are relying on IRAceltic slipping up on occasion but I'm not hopeful of many if any teams in the SPFL keeping them at bay whilst scoring against them. I suppose the crux of my views are that by the law of averages they will find more answers to stubborn opposition than we will over the rest of the season, because they have more solutions.

Would like to see another one or two coming in along with some more going out to balance up the squad and give us a few more options

Yes, I expect a striker. If Morellos gets injured or a few suspensions i fear the worst. Defoe is great but at his age cant expect 90 minutes every week IMO

Cant see it we are fairly well covered in most positions another left back would be my choice as a backup to Borna but I think we will stick with the players we have this window.

I'd love to see us get another striker/winger but can only see a loan deal happening. We spent a fair amount in summer and think we have enough depth to get through the season just need to avoid suspensions for Alfredo.

I still feel that we need another Striker in. Suspension For Morelos and an injury to Defoe and we are done.

I would love a new signing-like I think we all would! However, eventhough we are moving players out, we are also trying to sign our bigger players to new contracts which will eat into a lot of those savings. If we add that to us running at a loss for a while, there may not be the quite the money available that we all think.

I am thinking that it could be a Liverpool youngster that he brings in but I think we do need something to bring that extra spark middle to front.

I;d like a guy who can play the lone striker role that Defoe is'nt really suited for so that when Alfredo is out we have better options

A squad player equivalent in ability to say Andy King? Maybe.

A signing that’s going to give FF a collective hard on? No.

A midfielder or winger who can score goals would be nice. Not convinced we have adequate cover for either full back but we’re probably just going to have to hope they stay fit and available.

I want one or two quality signings made because looking at the fringe players most can't be trusted/not good enough.

We have 13 or 14 players who we can rely on the rest of our squad gives me the fear.

Last edited:
Back