Arfield comments in the sun.

steve1873

"Be a hell of a lot smarter". In other words give an opinion that you agree with.
Not what I said, and if that is how you wish to interpret that, then fair enough!

We are having players continually get sea with murder against us, yet the slightest indiscretion by our players and there is a clamour to have them banned from all angles.

Then we have one of our own players pretty much effectively saying "That's cool carry on!"

themightyi

Official Ticketer
Are you at the wind-up or on drugs? Clubfoot today calling Defoe a “Diver” McKenna of the sheep, various Killie players and more all calling out our players for “over the top” tackles. Our manager just came out and said that he hopes for some “consistency” and he basically contradicts him. Again. This is why we as a club get shat all over. Too gullible by far. So yes. He should shut the fk up and say nothing especially when there are concentrated campaigns agains our players. Or did you miss the Morelos ban and the offer of a ban to McGregor through your drug haze?
Have you actually read the article regarding Broadfoot? He says Defoe has taken a “wee dive” and that Defoe told the referee it wasn’t a penalty. Hardly anything in that to get annoyed about.

Don’t tend to touch the substances on a week day but I doubt even being in a “drug haze” as you called it would make you seem intelligent.

StuGers

I see, as predicted, the Defoe “diving” issue has now become centre stage.

Whilst what I can genuinely say is one of the worst dives I have ever seen by Burke in his Rings strip has been completely ignored by the media.

bornabluenose

I see, as predicted, the Defoe “diving” issue has now become centre stage.

Whilst what I can genuinely say is one of the worst dives I have ever seen by Burke in his Rings strip has been completely ignored by the media.
Not long now until Defoe is labelled a serial diver by the media and is cited for diving.

You can set your watch to it.

Last edited:

Ponientebear

Follows on from the deafening silence for the club, while we have opposing players and managers making derogatory remarks about us left, right and centre we’re still doing the nicey nicey routine.
We really are one of the most naive clubs in football.
Also reading some of the posts on here our fans are just as naive.

Last edited:

standardbarger

Follows on from the deafening silence for the club, while we have opposing players and managers making derogatory remarks about us left, right and centre we’re still doing the nicey nicey routine.
We really are the most naive clubs in football.
Without a doubt.
And how exactly did he do that?
I don't see what he adds to our midfield any way I just don't rate him.

dt17

It pisses me off that our players and management constantly downplay things.

Remember when Ryan Jack got injured last year by Kipre? Downplayed that as well.

Vince

There's no doubt jack would have got sent off for that type of challenge and if he didnt there would be a mhedia campaign by rabids like Sutton and Hartson and others to get the compliance officer involved.

Something is rotten and hopefully people upstairs at ibrox will fight back big time.
Don’t count on it. In these matters our club offers up as much resistance as the French did against the Nazi Panzer Divisions .... absolutely clueless in that department... and the reason why we are, where we are. The club have left the propaganda and attacks on us go unchallenged so that we now sit in a massively hostile environment.

Think about the stats we have seen regarding the amount of compliance crap we have faced, the stats between us and the tims over the last few years in terms of the flow of red cards and penalties for us and opposition since we came back to the SPL. The cards per foul ratio that the tims somehow are in a league of their own.

There is enough evidence to put all these biased mhedia operations right back in their bigoted boxes. More than that - there is enough statistical evidence to turn the whole thing around so that we can be the ones asking questions - as I said, don’t count on it. Our club is either clueless or crapping itself in this regard.

Blue As

Official Ticketer
Just imagine the outcry if Jack had done this to one of their players and just got a yellow card..

BSPECIAL

Powers done Dorrans..no action. I wonder how many times this thug has been yellow carded in games v us.I can't think of a game he was not booked.This thug seems hell bent on doing one of our players every time he walks on the pitch.Maybe it's time the authorities had a word and asked him what problems he has with Rangers.Or maybe it's just where he's from and what stock he comes from causing the problems.Maybe it's just sectarianism behind his seemingly hatred for all things Rangers

de_whoa

So much for us being a class above eh? Some of the comments on this thread make you wonder if we are a class above everyone else.

Govanx

Have you actually read the article regarding Broadfoot? He says Defoe has taken a “wee dive” and that Defoe told the referee it wasn’t a penalty. Hardly anything in that to get annoyed about.

Don’t tend to touch the substances on a week day but I doubt even being in a “drug haze” as you called it would make you seem intelligent.
Okay Biggles, thanks for the input. 90% of us on here are wrong and you’re right. Got it.

themightyi

Official Ticketer
Okay Biggles, thanks for the input. 90% of us on here are wrong and you’re right. Got it.
Not at all. This is a discussion forum and therefore I expect there to be a difference in opinion.

Your rambling drivel about a “drug haze” deserved the response it got.

Govanx

Not at all. This is a discussion forum and therefore I expect there to be a difference in opinion.

Your rambling drivel about a “drug haze” deserved the response it got.
As did your comment about “professionals tend not to call out other professionals”, eh, actually they do, and I cited examples of this on my other post. And whether or not clubfoot accused Defoe of a “wee dive” what’s the difference? “Wee dive” “big dive” either way he accused him of diving.
Here’s a response Arfield could have given, especially after what the manager (his boss) said about the incident. “As the gaffer says, all we’re asking for is consistency. If that tackle has been made by a Rangers player we’d still be hearing about it.”
Simple and to the point. Instead of giving the Compliance Taig an out like he did. So yes, they should shut the fk up and stop giving ammunition to our enemies, who are numerous. But again, you seem to be okay with that.

themightyi

Official Ticketer
As did your comment about “professionals tend not to call out other professionals”, eh, actually they do, and I cited examples of this on my other post. And whether or not clubfoot accused Defoe of a “wee dive” what’s the difference? “Wee dive” “big dive” either way he accused him of diving.
Here’s a response Arfield could have given, especially after what the manager (his boss) said about the incident. “As the gaffer says, all we’re asking for is consistency. If that tackle has been made by a Rangers player we’d still be hearing about it.”
Simple and to the point. Instead of giving the Compliance Taig an out like he did. So yes, they should shut the fk up and stop giving ammunition to our enemies, who are numerous. But again, you seem to be okay with that.
You’re being unrealistic if you expect Arfield to come out with a comment like that.

Telling your own clubs players to “shut the fuck up” though, stay classy champ.

LOL 133

Powers done Dorrans..no action. I wonder how many times this thug has been yellow carded in games v us.I can't think of a game he was not booked.This thug seems hell bent on doing one of our players every time he walks on the pitch.Maybe it's time the authorities had a word and asked him what problems he has with Rangers.Or maybe it's just where he's from and what stock he comes from causing the problems.Maybe it's just sectarianism behind his seemingly hatred for all things Rangers
Too near the truth for comfort. Well said.

MearnsUnionist

Don't particularly want any Killie players being cited before they play the tarriers next weekend.

On another note, I see Gerrard praising Arfield and Goldson for being "old school" style players and playing through the pain barrier for the good of the team against Aberdeen and Killie.

Both of them are vital to our success this season and fair play to them both for putting their bodies on the line and putting the team ahead of themselves.

50p Flute

My granny always told me that if I had nothing decent to say then just say nothing, this is a classic case of that advice being useful.

50p Flute

Don't particularly want any Killie players being cited before they play the tarriers next weekend.

On another note, I see Gerrard praising Arfield and Goldson for being "old school" style players and playing through the pain barrier for the good of the team against Aberdeen and Killie.

Both of them are vital to our success this season and fair play to them both for putting their bodies on the line and putting the team ahead of themselves.
Playing through the pain barrier is all well and good, an admirable trait. That game against Hibs at Ibrox was ridiculous though when he tried to play on in the second half hobbling about, could have cost us big time.
Also the potential of longer term damage playing through certain injuries, I love big Connor but he's no use to us out long term injured.

Latest posts