Argentine Superliga

This Copa de Superliga sounds really stupid. Do points get carried over? I see Wiki is saying that CARP are already in Libertadores. So if the mighty River win league can they then not win league if they don't win Copa thing?

This Copa de Superliga sounds really stupid. Do points get carried over? I see Wiki is saying that CARP are already in Libertadores. So if the mighty River win league can they then not win league if they don't win Copa thing?

The winner of the league is the winner of the league, the winner of the copa is winner of the copa. Relegation and Continental qualification are the two added together apart for the winner of the League who automatically qualify for the CL. Obviously. :))

And we think the SPFL is a fcuk up.

Had a look and the winner of the Copa de Superliga will qualify for the Libertadores:

Also, and I totally forgot about this, the winner of the Copa Argentina qualifies for the CL - River qualified for the 2020 group stage via this route:

Argieball will be really boring when it finally gets to a home and away league system. :D

ERpP53NW4AAQbyY

When you think Argieball can't surprise you anymore it proves you wrong. AFA have decided halfway through the season to change the number of relegation places from 3 to 2. The third relegation place will now involve a playoff between a team from the Primera and the Second Division.

Article on the final round of matches. Will it be Boca or River?

Congratulations to Boca and commiserations to River.

Anyway, what is the Copa de la Superliga all about and what status does it bestow on the winner?

Congratulations to Boca and commiserations to River.

Anyway, what is the Copa de la Superliga all about and what status does it bestow on the winner?

The winner qualifies for the Libertadores.

It exists because the league only consists of 23 games - too many to have 2 leagues per year, not enough for 1.

The winner qualifies for the Libertadores.

It exists because the league only consists of 23 games - too many to have 2 leagues per year, not enough for 1.
Who competes in it and what's the kudos for winning it? I suppose what I'm asking, would it be any consolation for River to win it?

Who competes in it and what's the kudos for winning it? I suppose what I'm asking, would it be any consolation for River to win it?

Points gained in the group stage are added to League points and are used in determining qualification for Libertadores and Sudamericana. Only Boca have guaranteed that with the title win.

River should be fine for the Libertadores unless they have a disaster.

Back