Argentine Superliga

If you are looking for something to watch then give these films a viewing:

Seen Wild Tales in the cinema in Brazil, Spanish with Portuguese subtitles, its brilliant!

AC Milan and Basel both linked with a move for 20 million rated Norberto Briasco with the player himself confirming the Milan interest.

ive only seen youtube footage and looks good. One thing that seems to be a common theme with Huracan is they seem to produce so many talented wingers. Kaku, Espinoza, Pussetto and now Briasco.

EWBwO3xXgAIswla

Huracan players have threatened to take the club to court after not being paid their full wages in 3 months. They only received part payments in Jan - Feb while March was unpaid. This could result in players cancelling their contracts and being allowed to leave on free transfers.

I imagine many clubs across Europe are going to be in a similar position and countries like Argentina in particular will be hard hit.

@drgriffen

See if you can shed any light on this.

so basically Huracan fans arent happy with Alejandro Nadur the club’s President.

First reason is due to the fall in attendances which they blame on his membership policy. You have to be a club member in order to buy tickets for their games. So if a family of 4 want to go to a game they need to buy 4 tickets and 4 memberships.

the second part which i cant get my head around Is the financial situation at the club. They pay their players in US Dollars but are billed in Pesos?

why would they agree to pay players in Dollars? Is it due to the rate and players getting more money? And surely if he is signing off on this he knows the club lose money every time its exchanged?

i dont think this is just a policy with Huracan, the way folk are talking in the facebook groups is that other Argentine clubs do the same?

the second part which i cant get my head around Is the financial situation at the club. They pay their players in US Dollars but are billed in Pesos?

why would they agree to pay players in Dollars? Is it due to the rate and players getting more money? And surely if he is signing off on this he knows the club lose money every time its exchanged?

i dont think this is just a policy with Huracan, the way folk are talking in the facebook groups is that other Argentine clubs do the same?

The Peso is so unstable, due to foreign exchange rates, inflation and political shenanigans. People buy dollars for their savings.

In 2001, the financial crisis saw people lose a lot of money when the peso was devalued overnight by the Government.

In Argentina fans can be socios which is like being a member. This is sacrosanct - when clubs have been taken into private ownership it has been hugely controversial. So, if you want to buy a ticket (for Huracan) you need to be a member first.

Have a read of this about Racing - it will give you an idea.

The Argentinian economy is a mess. I don't know at the moment, but earlier in the year inflation was running at 50%. Footballers are paid in $ to protect them from depreciation. During a year workers, in any job, will get three pay increases due to the impact of inflation on their take home pay.

The Peso is so unstable, due to foreign exchange rates, inflation and political shenanigans. People buy dollars for their savings.

In 2001, the financial crisis saw people lose a lot of money when the peso was devalued overnight by the Government.

This is the part im trying to get my head around. If they were paid in Peso and were buying things in Argentina which are also in Peso would they still be losing out mate?

In Argentina fans can be socios which is like being a member. This is sacrosanct - when clubs have been taken into private ownership it has been hugely controversial. So, if you want to buy a ticket (for Huracan) you need to be a member first.

Have a read of this about Racing - it will give you an idea.

The Argentinian economy is a mess. I don't know at the moment, but earlier in the year inflation was running at 50%. Footballers are paid in $ to protect them from depreciation. During a year workers, in any job, will get three pay increases due to the impact of inflation on their take home pay.

Thanks mate, ill have a read.

crazy how a country that seems quite developed and if im not mistaken was one of the richest countries at one point can be in such a mess

Thanks mate, ill have a read.

crazy how a country that seems quite developed and if im not mistaken was one of the richest countries at one point can be in such a mess

Differing sides of the political spectrum will give you a different answer as to why this happens - there are many reasons. Ultimately, bad governments (from both sides) and a dictatorship don't help.

If you scroll up the page you'll see a list of (4) films. Watch them and you'll get a flavour of some of the (political, economic, cultural) issues in Argentina. They're also very good films (imo).

This is the part im trying to get my head around. If they were paid in Peso and were buying things in Argentina which are also in Peso would they still be losing out mate?

The concern is inflation and the buying power of your peso. Being paid in a stable currency such as dollar is preferable.

A lot of business is done in dollar. For your every day purchasing, it is peso of course.

When you change to peso, it is best to do it on the 'blue market'. It's not exactly legal or illegal, it just exists. These are people who will give you a far better rate than the banks. You'll find the vendors on one of the main streets of BA.

The concern is inflation and the buying power of your peso. Being paid in a stable currency such as dollar is preferable.

A lot of business is done in dollar. For your every day purchasing, it is peso of course.

When you change to peso, it is best to do it on the 'blue market'. It's not exactly legal or illegal, it just exists. These are people who will give you a far better rate than the banks. You'll find the vendors on one of the main streets of BA.

And i thought Turkey was bad for this sort of stuff lol.

Browsing the site after reading the article on Racing, I found this article on Glasgow's place in the story of Argentine football.

Great article.

Independiente's first badge was the St Andrew's cross and their current 3rd strip is:

Was looking through some old matches this week and seen he was on the bench for the match against England in the 2002 World Cup. Pochettino and Simeone started.

Have you seen that Tevez Series on NetFlix Griffen? Just seen it is on there this last few days.

I haven't seen it yet - forgot all about it. @BrooklynBlue said it was pretty good (if I remember correctly).

Nice wee video (in Spanish) of the two stadiums in Avellaneda. At a guess, I'd reckon Dens and Tannadice are closer, but to have two huge clubs like this cheek by jowl is on a different scale.

It’s crazy how Matias De Federico never went on to have a more successful career than he did. Looked like such an outstanding talent but failed moves abroad including Brazil and Turkey never worked out.
Only 30 and he’s playing in the Argie lower leagues.

It’s crazy how Matias De Federico never went on to have a more successful career than he did. Looked like such an outstanding talent but failed moves abroad including Brazil and Turkey never worked out.
Only 30 and he’s playing in the Argie lower leagues.

He was incredible that season. Apparently he was fragile physically and temperamentally, but who knows.

Whilst Pastore has gone to play for far bigger clubs it could also be argued that he never fulfilled his potential either.

He was incredible that season. Apparently he was fragile physically and temperamentally, but who knows.

Whilst Pastore has gone to play for far bigger clubs it could also be argued that he never fulfilled his potential either.

yeah he looked very thin physically, sure I read his attitude wasn’t the best either. Defo agree re Pastore, that season in 2009 he was unreal. There is a Charity called Huracan foundation which is founded by an English guy called Henry May, he moved to Buenos Aires and choose them as his team and went to every game in 2009 apart from Vélez game. What an experience that would have been following that team

yeah he looked very thin physically, sure I read his attitude wasn’t the best either. Defo agree re Pastore, that season in 2009 he was unreal. There is a Charity called Huracan foundation which is founded by an English guy called Henry May, he moved to Buenos Aires and choose them as his team and went to every game in 2009 apart from Vélez game. What an experience that would have been following that team

I'm pretty sure I heard May on Hand of Pod. Would have been a great adventure - A Season with Verona Argentina style.

Living in BA for a season is definitely on my bucket list.

Dont think anything has been announced yet but no relegations this season or next. And two teams will be promoted this season so 26 team league.

26 teams next season and 28 the year after . Mental.

i dont know how clubs survive with only playing 23 games in a season. So much lost matchday revenue

That's why they had the Copa de Superliga: to generate more matches.

If you want to keep your sanity don't follow Argieball. :))

Alfredo Di Stefano scores for Real Madrid against Crystal Palace to officially open the London club's new floodlights.

EXGrEFsXkAITczT

Back