Argentine Superliga

:D

I just replied 24th. That's the date aside for the game but I appreciate this is Argentina so can change.

Great. I hadn't seen it noted anywhere. One to look forward to. Did it mention a kick-off time?

Boca play that night in the first leg of the CL semi-final, though that'll be a late kick-off due to Brazilian television.

Great. I hadn't seen it noted anywhere. One to look forward to. Did it mention a kick-off time?

Boca play that night in the first leg of the CL semi-final, though that'll be a late kick-off due to Brazilian television.

Read 9pm (UK) but I wouldn't place any credence on that.

Looking to start buying your Christmas presents early then why not get a Marcelo Gallardo doll:

DpbcejnXcAAuaZV.jpg:large

Going to Buenos Aires in a few months and want to try and catch a game, but naturally I have no idea which team is the staunches of them all (well...those playing in BA around the time I'm there in March)

So...hopefully the more experienced members can help, just so I can keep an eye out for tickets whenever they go on sale.

I checked and these seem the options:

03.03. 18:00 Racing Club - Estudiantes L.P.

03.03. 18:00 River Plate - Newells Old Boys

03.03. 18:00 San Lorenzo - Argentinos Jrs

03.03. 18:00 Velez Sarsfield - Tigre

Going to Buenos Aires in a few months and want to try and catch a game, but naturally I have no idea which team is the staunches of them all (well...those playing in BA around the time I'm there in March)

So...hopefully the more experienced members can help, just so I can keep an eye out for tickets whenever they go on sale.

I checked and these seem the options:

03.03. 18:00 Racing Club - Estudiantes L.P.

03.03. 18:00 River Plate - Newells Old Boys

03.03. 18:00 San Lorenzo - Argentinos Jrs

03.03. 18:00 Velez Sarsfield - Tigre

Of the matches selected I'd recommend Racing Club v Estudiantes. Going to el Cilindro will be the best for atmosphere even if it will be a bit further to travel to (depending where you are staying).

Remember dates and times are liable to change.

Looks like the game will be played on November 1st with time and location still to be confirmed. I'm sure i read it was to be played in Lanus.:D

Saturday note: A rather dull first half at La Bombonera but enjoyable second 45 minutes. Both teams having chances at the death. A poor display quickly glossed over by the support singing about the Copa - this is one they want.

Entering the last 10 minutes of San Martin Tucuman-Racing, 2-1 with SM having played with 10 men since the 17th minute after the keeper was sent off for handball outside of the box - and then coming from a goal behind!

Last edited:
I see that Conmebol have chosen Claudio Tapia as one of its representatives for the FIFA Council. It's said they value the calm Tapia has brought to the AFA during a time of crisis in Argentina.

The papers also suggest it's a block on Angelici's ambitions for power.

Apparently Conmebol has not forgotten Angelici was the main promoter of a South American League that aimed to challenge Conmebol - I can't recall the specifics of this...

I see that Conmebol have chosen Claudio Tapia as one of its representatives for the FIFA Council. It's said they value the calm Tapia has brought to the AFA during a time of crisis in Argentina.

The papers also suggest it's a block on Angelici's ambitions for power.

Apparently Conmebol has not forgotten Angelici was the main promoter of a South American League that aimed to challenge Conmebol - I can't recall the specifics of this...

There was talk of a pan-American league - sort of similar to the Atlantic league. This may be what they are referring to.

Tata Martino is being heavily linked with the Mexico job. GBS is being seen as his replacement (at the end of the year) at Atlanta.

Last edited:
San Lorenzo have asked the Superliga not to schedule their home games at night due to the amount of robberies on their supporters outside the stadium.

Gimnasia 1-0 Boca after 35 minutes. Entertaining game so far with both teams creating chances.

Boca definitely focused on Tuesday and the Libertadores based on team selection but still a strong XI with Tevez leading the line.

River won 1-0 earlier today.

EDIT: 1-1 at half-time but Gimnasia restore their lead early in the 2nd half. Good game.

Last edited:
Boca lose 2-1 in La Plata.

I still think that Racing must be kicking themselves after last week's defeat againt 10 men. Whilst a win tomorrow would give them an 8 point lead over Boca, an 11 point lead would have been a formidable position to be in after 10 games.

It's shaping up to be an exciting season, especially if the top four continue their form up to the Summer break. Nearly halfway through the season - Boca can't afford to slip any more points behind.

Back