Aribo

Generally stick up for him, but he struggles to impose himself in these games.

Wasn’t involved at all today.

Not the only one of course, but he really needs to show what he can do on Thursday night.

It's overdue.

It looked like he took a knock today. I hope he's okay for Thursday.

He's never been great in OF games. I think it is too frantic for him.

On Thursday I want him doing his warm up in the dressing room with Duncan Ferguson, a set of kick pads and some heavy metal blasting.

Five minutes before coming out the tunnel Dunc screams in his face until he starts screaming back.

Get big silky sexy Joe absolutely raging and ready to put Leipzig away.

He needs a rage button.

Posted this on an Aribo thread before. This season he’s played in the most games out of everyone in world football. 63 games since the start of the season.

You can’t get by at us by turning it on against the smaller teams. He lacks something in bigger games, look at Kent he takes it to them and relishes plying in such games. I’ve seen enough to think he’s not reliable.

He didn't have a great game.

But there were two incidences that could be mentioned -- the first (in the first half) was what I believe would have been a penalty to us if VAR was about.
Aribo was clipped to just the slightest degree on the toe of his boot (by McGregor ??) in their box and went over.
It wasn't a dive or contrived fall -- Aribo was fouled and his pace and direction meant he went down in the box.

Another was at about the 40th minute when he was absolutely fouled (taken at the knees I think?) when passing the ball to our left touchline.
We retained possession but that isn't the point -- how that foul wasn't given is an absolute mystery to me.

I have little doubt that he was targetted from the start for some rough treatment (which is a standard tactic tbf). But for the ref to miss that second foul especially was, for me, odd to say the least.

Posted this on an Aribo thread before. This season he’s played in the most games out of everyone in world football. 63 games since the start of the season.

That’s an outrageous stat, people wonder why the guys fucked too

Should’ve rotated him with Kamara or Davis while we had the chance back in Feb - March

He didn't have a great game.

But there were two incidences that could be mentioned -- the first (in the first half) was what I believe would have been a penalty to us if VAR was about.
Aribo was clipped to just the slightest degree on the toe of his boot (by McGregor ??) in their box and went over.
It wasn't a dive or contrived fall -- Aribo was fouled and his pace and direction meant he went down in the box.

Another was at about the 40th minute when he was absolutely fouled (taken at the knees I think?) when passing the ball to our left touchline.
We retained possession but that isn't the point -- how that foul wasn't given is an absolute mystery to me.

I have little doubt that he was targetted from the start for some rough treatment (which is a standard tactic tbf). But for the ref to miss that second foul especially was, for me, odd to say the least.
He looked like he got a knock when he was wiped out by two players at the same time, ref waved play on

I thought he did OK today actually. And on Thursday.

He is one we need to sell in the summer though.

He needs some anger and nastiness in his game. All the talent but too gentle.
Been saying this since he came in. Needs a ruthless determination to take his game up a level, but he's at the age now I just don't see him developing it.

FF loves a thread where we can slag a player to %^*& . Playing out of position I thought he was reasonable today and had a good game on Thursday

I personally didn't think he was that bad Arfield and Sakala in the first half looked miles off it. Sakala's goal has saved him for being sent on a FF rocket to the moon albeit there's plenty of seats for later trips......

I personally didn't think he was that bad Arfield and Sakala in the first half looked miles off it. Sakala's goal has saved him for being sent on a FF rocket to the moon albeit there's plenty of seats for later trips......
I thought he looked leggy even at the start of the game have seen now he's played 63 games this season already so that will have taken it's toll.

Part of the perception of him is being overhyped beyond belief on here. Yes he’s good against the majority of teams we play - who are the standard of the GM Vauxhall conference. He has not shown any evidence that he has ever been able to commit to a defensive game plan and added to his lack of pace will mean he will never be playing at the top end of England.

Turns in great performances in the league against the slop but how many times has he stood out in an old firm game ? Not many. Love big Joe but if he’s not cutting it against them then we a problem.

Back