Aribo

The sooner Aribo and Kamara are away the better. These two must be sold in the summer. The fight and desire isn't there in either of them. Thank you for efforts last year lads. Bye

Part of the perception of him is being overhyped beyond belief on here. Yes he’s good against the majority of teams we play - who are the standard of the GM Vauxhall conference. He has not shown any evidence that he has ever been able to commit to a defensive game plan and added to his lack of pace will mean he will never be playing at the top end of England.

Don't know where to start with this, what a load of bollocks this post really is.

looked like was asked to keep the backline high, (Roofe, Morelos) role, so the ball could be pinged to the wings, thankless task.

I would be looking to off load and use the money to reinvest. Him, kamara and sadly Kent if the money is on point. We have seen how important Alfie is to us recently so he’s a different situation but if we can come away with good money for they three and get in a few good uns in il fee good about next season.

If we can get 8-10m for him, nobody will convince me that we couldn’t then get 3 players who would be more impactful, particularly in big games, than he is.

A luxury player who is wasting his talent by not matching his ability with application.

He has been a good servant but the exact player the player trading model should be used for.

Showing all the trademarks he won't be here next season.

I'm a big fan of Aribo but it's time to move him on.

On Thursday I want him doing his warm up in the dressing room with Duncan Ferguson, a set of kick pads and some heavy metal blasting.

Five minutes before coming out the tunnel Dunc screams in his face until he starts screaming back.

Get big silky sexy Joe absolutely raging and ready to put Leipzig away.

He needs a rage button.
He would be a quivering wreck and not able to get out the dressing room

If we can get 8-10m for him, nobody will convince me that we couldn’t then get 3 players who would be more impactful, particularly in big games, than he is.

A luxury player who is wasting his talent by not matching his ability with application.

He has been a good servant but the exact player the player trading model should be used for.
Yeah, I would like to see him move on at the end of the season. I don't think he's going to get any better with us than he showed in the first half of the season & we've had far too many games now where he's contributed very little.

I would guess he also feels he's had enough of the SPFL, and that I understand.

Will he reach the top level in England? IMO time is running out. A very skilful player with goals in him alright, but he has a languid sort of style that makes him look lazy at times, and am not sure he's robust enough for a top side.

I hope he finds his best form for the last few games of the season & helps see us over the line in the 2 cups.

He's had about one decent OF game. An absolute passanger in this fixture. His performance in the last game at Ibrox was shameful.

A very good football player but not what we need in domestic football.

Very rarely grabs games by the scruff of the neck
Ultimately his touches rarely hurt the opposition
He is too "nice" in a country where other teams have foam at the mouth hatred towards us
Lacks a killer instinct and penetration around the box, yes he has scored some nice goals in his time here but doesnt do it anywhere enough consistently for a player with his ability

He is part of a problem with a squad who rely too much on a certain Colombian to dig them out of a hole goalscoring wise.

We need goals all over the park next season if we're to win the league back.

We should always be aiming for having a striker that scores 20-25 goals, a backup striker that scores 15+, wide players that score 15+ and attacking midfielders that score 10+.

Thats the bare minimum expected and I don't think Aribo has fully delivered that consistency over the piece.

Although I do believe he has shown enough ability that we can get a decent fee for him in the summer.

He didn't have a great game.

But there were two incidences that could be mentioned -- the first (in the first half) was what I believe would have been a penalty to us if VAR was about.
Aribo was clipped to just the slightest degree on the toe of his boot (by McGregor ??) in their box and went over.
It wasn't a dive or contrived fall -- Aribo was fouled and his pace and direction meant he went down in the box.

Another was at about the 40th minute when he was absolutely fouled (taken at the knees I think?) when passing the ball to our left touchline.
We retained possession but that isn't the point -- how that foul wasn't given is an absolute mystery to me.

I have little doubt that he was targetted from the start for some rough treatment (which is a standard tactic tbf). But for the ref to miss that second foul especially was, for me, odd to say the least.
I remember the 2nd one and was screaming ‘go down’ and roll about the place as it was a leg breaker challenge, no use riding these challenges and then loosing the ball at half way line, ref doesn’t card for that

The sooner Aribo and Kamara are away the better. These two must be sold in the summer. The fight and desire isn't there in either of them. Thank you for efforts last year lads. Bye
If you want to do well over the piece in Europe you need players like them. They are key in making the difference in Europe to us. The old firm game is not what makes us financially viable.

Doesn't seem all that interested in whether we win lose or draw. Doesn't impose himself on games and is wildly inconsistent.

Sell, sell, sell.

You can’t get by at us by turning it on against the smaller teams. He lacks something in bigger games, look at Kent he takes it to them and relishes plying in such games. I’ve seen enough to think he’s not reliable.

Look at Kent ? Aye his stats are fckin awseome !

Posted this on an Aribo thread before. This season he’s played in the most games out of everyone in world football. 63 games since the start of the season.

This is where we should have been using our squad depth, Aribo should have been rested more and he would have been more effective.

He's been poor in about 80% of the Old Firm games he's played in tbh. Too often lets these games pass him by.

His application was dreadful today.
Not enough desire for me I’ve had stick for saying similiar in the past for me if there’s a decent bid we should sell.

he's class... but sadly for us not consistently class - a no brainer to shift if we could get around £8 or £10 million after picking up on a free!

I've always liked him but based on his form now he should imo be sold.

On his day he's a great player, but we need players we can count on every single game and that's sadly enough not him. Luckily he had a good AFCON so hopefully we can make a profit.

An in form Aribo is probably the best player in the country but we haven’t seen that player in months now. I don’t get the drop off and it’s very frustrating watching him at the moment. He gets a pass today playing in that role but his contribution since the turn of the year has been well below par. He looked like a stick on for player of the year prior to that as well. Aribo’s form could have been the difference between finishing first or second. If we can get a hefty fee I’d let him go. Feels like a considerable rebuild is going to be required in the summer.

We should be able to sell him for a significant profit in the summer.
We'll make a profit fee-wise as he was a Bosman, who knows how much, but I have a fear that we aren't going to get as much as many think we'll get for him

He's got ability but only uses it occasionally, what really annoys me though is his unwillingness to break out of "trot" mode, he really just doesn't look up for a fight, okay for a Fulham or Crystal Palace sort but not us.

I would happily let him move on for a decent(ish) offer and re-invest elsewhere.

He’s been nowhere near as bad as some would claim since he returned from AFCON. Hasn’t hit the heights of the first half of the season but has still performed well in important games. He’s not a striker but the fact he’s even an option tells the story of how other players in the squad have performed

He's been poor in about 80% of the Old Firm games he's played in tbh. Too often lets these games pass him by.

His application was dreadful today.
He’s had some bad games but I don’t think today was particularly bad. Things didn’t come off but he wasn’t not trying, bullshit.

Back