Aribo

Would be first on my list. With Kamara next.
Oh yeah let’s rush to sell 2 of our better players in recent times. I think we should sell Aribo this summer, but somehow I’m thinking for different reasons than you… Kamara is still a valuable asset for us. I think your being short sighted due to Kamara recent form.

Turns in great performances in the league against the slop but how many times has he stood out in an old firm game ? Not many. Love big Joe but if he’s not cutting it against them then we a problem.
It’s the bread and butter games we struggle in…

Some funny as %^*& takes in here. Aribo when played correctly is a good player and a nightmare for defenders. Just look at the other night when he’s played at the top of a 451 vs Leipzig, he was brilliant. He’s been out of form this season, but who the %^*& hasnt?

I am genuinely baffled to see people saying hopefully that’s the last time you see him in a Rangers shirt.

Far more often a disappointment than not when it comes to the big occasion. As technically gifted as I’ve seen for us but one asset we can afford to lose this summer to reinvest.

Would sell him in the summer, all the talent in the world but is becoming a world class hide and seek champion in old firm games

Oh yeah let’s rush to sell 2 of our better players in recent times. I think we should sell Aribo this summer, but somehow I’m thinking for different reasons than you… Kamara is still a valuable asset for us. I think your being short sighted due to Kamara recent form.
I think we could get good money for him and bring in a midfielder that adds much more to replace him, plus another player that upgrades the first team. He will be of interest to teams in England, and I just feel he is too limited to win us midfield battles in the bigger games at home and in Europe. Aribo blows hot and cold, doesn’t create enough or shoot often enough for the amount of ball he gets, and sometimes just doesn’t look that interested.

Any word on his fitness? He took a helluva clatter and was limping shortly before being subbed. I hope he’s okay for Thursday.

What happened to this Aribo? Used to run at players for fun but you don't see these mazy runs from him anymore.

If you want to do well over the piece in Europe you need players like them. They are key in making the difference in Europe to us. The old firm game is not what makes us financially viable.
Aribo picked up his skills in the cages in London. Kamara by coaching at Arsenal. The coaching system we have now (and the scouting), it's their job to produce the players that can play in Europe. I believe we have that in place now. These two have did the business for us but their heart isn't in it now. Time to cash in and buy.
Or promote Lowry and McCann.

What happened to this Aribo? Used to run at players for fun but you don't see these mazy runs from him anymore.
Just woefully out of form. The goal he scored a couple weeks ago Vs St Mirren(?) was the Aribo of old. Not one player in the team has been in form this year. I’m not sure why but all their levels have dropped.

Aribo was brilliant around about the time of Hearts away, then he was close to suspension, Afcon and then Gio changed his role in the team due to changing his tactics after the 3-0 loss to them. Never really recovered.

If he was a bit more street wise he could’ve got us a penalty today. He hurdled a tackle that would’ve wiped him in the box instead taking the hit.

Posted this on an Aribo thread before. This season he’s played in the most games out of everyone in world football. 63 games since the start of the season.

If you organise it by minutes played, he's 8th. Goldson has played almost 100 minutes more than Aribo.

Did people not see how gassed he was coming off on Thursday night? The guy could barely move. He was our best player after Goldson, FWIW.

He put in a shift in an unnatural position yesterday.

If he was a bit more street wise he could’ve got us a penalty today. He hurdled a tackle that would’ve wiped him in the box instead taking the hit.

You are assuming a referee is going to give us a penalty at Parkhead.

Are you new to Scotland?

might just be his running style but constantly looks slow and knackered from the first whistle. Technically fantastic player and if he improves other parts of his game he could go far

He’s a good player, but he’s a not a player I’d want us to offer big money contract too and potentially build a team around.

He is a hugely talented player that goes through short spells of good form but he has struggled to put an extended run of form together during his entire time at the club.

He will move in the summer to a bottom half epl team where there is less expectancy and will do well.

We need to get a good fee and invest it wisely

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of fans would be happy to go into next season with the same squad as the previous 3 or 4.

Despite our upturn in form and a great European run this squad have still only won one trophy and its a disgrace that we allowed this Celtic team to win the league this season.

The squad must be improved with better players it's as simple as that.

It's not too much to ask to have wide players who can score 10 to 15 goals in the Spl.

Last edited:
I honestly thought he would turn into an absolute ly brilliant player. He either has a poor work ethic and only wants to play on his terms or he cannot be bothered putting in the extra effort.

He needs to be far more consistent to move onto that next level. He has the ability but does not appear to have the consistent application of his talents.

Plenty skill but lacks fight and heart, both are needed to be a Rangers player. The same applies to Kamara. Wish they would take a leaf out of big Calvin’s book

If you organise it by minutes played, he's 8th. Goldson has played almost 100 minutes more than Aribo.
8th place on that list is still quite high though when you look at the rest of the top 10 and it’s all goalkeepers and centre backs. Have to go down to 13th and Mo Salah for another forward player. 20 of the top 25 are GKs and CBs.

He was furious with a Beaton decision in the first half. The only time I've ever seen him so animated

Just feel he's guilty of taking too many touches when a pass is on,Kent is the same,difficult mind you if a pass isn't on. He doesn't impose himself enough,maybe it's the role he's been asked to play.

It's probably the opposite of shortsighted re Kamara TBH, and it isn't recent form.

I adore Kamara as a player, and while just unfortunate circumstance is most likely, he hasn't been good since the Slavia game, it isn't recent performance it actually does go back that far.

He looks to have next to no tactical fit in a Gio system either

I like Aribo.He,s great with the ball at his feet,however off the ball all thats missing is a metal detector! Hope he,s still at Ibrox next year,god knows whats went wrong after the African cup! Still think he,s worth keeping and played in his prefared position.

The takes on this thread are unreal. Do people actually watch football like at all?

So many dinosaurs in here that cheer more for a “hard” tackle than a goal.

Aribo is a player thats shattered and out of form, had he not gone to Afcon he would probably be POTS for us and POTY in Scotland.

He's been fantastic for us and had some great moments, especially in Europe.

If rumoured interest from Crystal Palace is true it may be time to cash in on him.

Aribo has been fine the last few weeks and was fine yesterday. Yes he hasn’t been putting the same level of performance as he was prior to afcon but people are talking like he’s still in the same slump he was a few weeks back, ignoring the last few weeks. I would sell in the summer as we could get great money for him and it’s time to freshen up but people don’t half talk shite at times

Back