Ashley taking House of Fraser upmarket

Someone told me today that Sports Direct was voted 2nd worst retailer in the UK for online sales. It seems House of Fraser is very quickly finding itself on that level.
He deserves nothing more than that store operating at a loss, he'll fill it with more tat, that's just the beginning.

How the %^*& is this moron a billionaire?

A lot of the big names were too stubborn to move to online retail, as well as many just getting out of the business altogether. The UK is such a small place that he was essentially able to monopolise online retail for sports equipment and clothing.

Was my favorite Glasgow store, now off limits for myself and family,
I wish someone or something (a heart attack) would end that fat fuk for good.
A cancer on society.

17h17 hours ago
Brexit is upon us. House of Fraser now stocking Lonsdale @Coldwar_Steve

Dr0jtazXQAEmTd6.jpg

48 replies171 retweets713 likes
who the %^*& would wear that pish

He’s got some prime retail space and a ton of luxury brand goods for buttons. He’s also battered down the rent on these places as the alternative was them lying empty.

That’s the only reason he did it. He’ll now fill them with his SD tat.

I think that will drive brands like Ralph Lauren etc away from House of Fraser.

Given his record of shafting suppliers, not sticking to contract terms, deliberately putting subsidiaries into admin and then the stock disappearing into his other warehouses leaving invoices unpaid, they won’t touch him with a barge pole.

It’s a scenario he’s not used to. The luxury brands do not need him or his jumble sale outlets and the last thing they want is him trying to f*ck them over so he can sell their goods on the cheap.

Saying that I suspect he’s factored this into his move for HoF. He’s got some very sought after premises and he know thinks of he fills them with his SD sh*te he’ll rake it in.

All part of his masterplan methinks.
Buy the Glasgow building. Fill it with crap merchandise. Make a statement that it's not financially viable to keep it open. Close it down. Turn the building into luxury flats. Sell flats for huge profit.
..............Chunt..............

Totally agree with that,I don't want anyone to lose their jobs
I was in the saturday before last and the place was dead. As much as I want that c$%t to fail, I don't want to see decent folkjobs
Totally agree with that,I would hate to see decent workers losing their jobs. It won't do wonders for confidence having him as your boss,just look at the way the SD staff get treated.

Someone told me today that Sports Direct was voted 2nd worst retailer in the UK for online sales. It seems House of Fraser is very quickly finding itself on that level.
Saw that mate....Homebase must be really Gladys Knight to come last behind SD

A further word of warning for anyone still considering purchasing from the HoF group. Ashley has changed the returns policy to bring it into line with his other jumble sales.

I tried to take a Lyle and Scott polo shirt back to Jenners at Lomond Shores and was told I could only get an exchange. They couldn't offer store credit as they didn't have any gift cards. All previous cards that they had have been cancelled and new ones are yet to be delivered.

The poor staff seemed to be at their wits end with all the shite they've been hit with since the takeover, so we managed to come to a compromise on the QT but it was far from satisfactory.

Nephew was in Hof F last week doing a reccy. Said there were racks of SD tat and they hadn't even bothered to remove the SD price tags. Just covered over by Hof F price tags.
Even the street beggars have moved on to somewhere they wouldn't be seen dead outside.

All part of his masterplan methinks.
Buy the Glasgow building. Fill it with crap merchandise. Make a statement that it's not financially viable to keep it open. Close it down. Turn the building into luxury flats. Sell flats for huge profit.
..............Chunt..............
I'm inclined to agree.

He's interested in the property portfolio.

Harrods of the north :rolleyes:

Fatso has just sacked all cleaning staff in the Glasgow store with less than two years service and made the remainder re-negotiate their contracts. That leaves only 6 cleaners to clean the entire Glasgow store which (if you care to have a look) is filthy.

These are people that depended on the Living Wage just to scrape by.

I reckon there will be major headlines from the HQ of Fatso after the Xmas shopping period as lots of suppliers have agreed short term supply contacts. It may be that Fatty is left with little choice by some though!

Ashley can't lose as he has a prime piece of real estate and that will be the end result.

They said that about David Murray often enough when his focus became Real Estate.

During the credit crunch his liabilities was in excess of his property value which is why the bank (TSB) did a debt for equity swap with Murray including terms and conditions such as selling Rangers Football Club.

Back