Ashley taking House of Fraser upmarket

I'm inclined to agree.

He's interested in the property portfolio.

Harrods of the north :rolleyes:

Not convinced that’s workable. Did he not spent best part of £100m on the property?

Would need to get 400 flats in at £250k to cover that before any refurbishment. It’s a big building but not getting anywhere near that number out it without going up the way.

Maybe some kind of hotel complex?

Kangol and Firetrap shite were polluting the place as well. There’s a reason it wasn’t there. No lady's front bottom wants it in the shop.

Just reading that broker Berenberg has commented,not very favourably,against SD which has resulted in the fat cockney chunt taking a £124m hit to his wealth. The analyst said that Amazon is the biggest threat to SD as they are already better than SD on product range,price and convenience and to add insult to injury, added that SD had the worst online site of any of its peers.

It’s a shame what has happened to Frasers.

Exactly the same in Lilywhites, the sports store at Piccadilly Circus in London.

Used to enjoy going there but when Ashley bought it over just turned into yet another dismal place full of junk.

Not convinced that’s workable. Did he not spent best part of £100m on the property?

Would need to get 400 flats in at £250k to cover that before any refurbishment. It’s a big building but not getting anywhere near that number out it without going up the way.

Maybe some kind of hotel complex?
I wasn't meaning flats necessarily on Buchanan St mate, just that he's diversifying into property.

Ashley is up there with Sturgeon, Salmond, Lennon, Brown and Sutton in my most hated list

Welcome to the new House of what every pleb wants Tat in a HOF bag Vera Weisfeld would loved that gig

Last edited:
He's a fat bastard, a fat horrible cnut, a fat feckin tyrant, but morons don't become billionaires. I hate the twat with a passion, but moron is not one of the many nouns relevant to this parasite.

You sure?

You ever seen him speaking to a camera or when he got pulled in front of parliament? Or any court case describing him as a person. Sleeping under desks during profit meetings etc.

The man is a fat halfwit. He's developed a strategy of selling shite trainers to junkies and ever since making money doing so he has paid people to do his thinking for him. This perception he's a shrewd operator who is intensely private and never talks to the press as a result is completely false.

He's advised not to talk to the press because he is a fucking moron and utter liability. Any time he's opened his mouth or spoke to the press it's been a disaster and shown him to be the total clown that he is.

I was in looking for ideas for ny wifes birthday!
The staff seemed disgruntled when they told me they had little to no stock due to “contractual issues”.
When I suggested it was maybe because their new owner was a prick it was quickly and awkwardly laughed away!
Real shame - as noted earlier, it was once a great store

I had a £170 gift voucher that was unused from house of fraser from last xmas.
I took it into Frasers late september expecting to be told no chance.
Filled in a form and got a £170 voucher emailed yesterday to me.
I must use it online and by 31 jan 2019.
So being honest i cant complain at that as its more than fair.

I just wait and buy my stuff when I'm on my hols. Plenty of cheaper prices when in the sun. Let fatboy turn it into flats, just what Glasgow needs. Along with no clubs or shops Glasgow really is the city of culture. :(

The only billionaire to revels in tat, most billionaires i would imagine want the finer things in life. No this miser ,he would turn up at a black Tie event in Dunlop Sandshoes.

Lots of brands refusing to work with him. Jigsaw, Karen Millen and Armani have all told him to bolt apparently.

Then it won't be long before House of Fraser Glasgow turns into Sports Direct, which would be an utter shame. Not that I actually do much high street retail shopping anymore. Especially now I work from home.

I had a £170 gift voucher that was unused from house of fraser from last xmas.
I took it into Frasers late september expecting to be told no chance.
Filled in a form and got a £170 voucher emailed yesterday to me.
I must use it online and by 31 jan 2019.
So being honest i cant complain at that as its more than fair.

Thats a lot of socks.

Thats a lot of socks.
Put them in here
mahiDtZfF3Dhq2DjADgYPFQ.jpg

I just wait and buy my stuff when I'm on my hols. Plenty of cheaper prices when in the sun. Let fatboy turn it into flats, just what Glasgow needs. Along with no clubs or shops Glasgow really is the city of culture. :(

To be fair, there are plenty of clubs and plenty of alternative shops!

Back