Ballot for Livi game

My season ticket is in the main stand but I was in the SJ Rear on Sunday. Not going to lie it was frustrating looking across and seeing someone from someone presumably from hospitality in “my” seat.

That being said it was just nice to be back and if I get in on Saturday I don’t care where I sit!!!

At the Brighton game on Sat we were in one of the hospitality lounges and it was announced you could sit anywhere when you took your seats

After sitting down I had a woman tell me to move as “this is my seat, I’ve sat here for 13 years, you’ll need to move”

Unbelievable that folk think they actually own the seat

Long time ago I went into a pub sat on a barstool.
20 minutes later guy walks in, that's my seat, I always sit there.
I lifted the barstool upside down and said, no name on the stool, cant be yours.
Guy actually left the boozer after speaking to the barman about it. :))

I’ve got 2 chances of a ticket, my auld boy has done his back in and definitely won’t be going if he is successful in the ballot.

Would be amazing to see us on the first game of the new season.

I think the club could have handled it better, numbers are still to be confirmed, but they could easily have done first ballot and let us all know.

I’ve just noticed that I’ve lost my old season ticket card.

Anyone know how to go about getting a new one? Tried the ticket office but no answer they’re on furlough.

At the Brighton game on Sat we were in one of the hospitality lounges and it was announced you could sit anywhere when you took your seats

After sitting down I had a woman tell me to move as “this is my seat, I’ve sat here for 13 years, you’ll need to move”

Unbelievable that folk think they actually own the seat
Unbelievable that she'd admit to funding the spivs when they were raping our club.

Regarding the SLO position, as he's Supporter liaison it's his job to also report back the feeling and feedback amongst the Supporters regarding how this is being handled. There should be a Customer Experience Manager (If he's not that as well) who then looks how they can improve that experience which includes communications to Supporters regarding issues like this. Now this isn't always a quick fix and hands can be tied higher up however, communication can definitely be improved, even as many have suggested on this thread and before some progress updates is enough for most. You will always have the moaners but some communication is better than none to keep most minds at rest. It can be a fine balance but with the game being only a few days away there should be some sort of communication made to update what's going on.

I’ve just noticed that I’ve lost my old season ticket card.

Anyone know how to go about getting a new one? Tried the ticket office but no answer they’re on furlough.
Imagine itl be QR codes again for the game this weekend at least - which seemed to work fine.

The thought of the ticket office loading up different seat info to each smartcard gives me the fear

Imagine itl be QR codes again for the game this weekend at least - which seemed to work fine.

The thought of the ticket office loading up different seat info to each smartcard gives me the fear
Think you’ll be right mate. The QR codes are fine I’ve not had a problem with any my 3. My biggest problem is remembering to get a full charge in my phone haha

As other posters have pointed out, we knew last week the figure of 17k. The ballot should have begun then and people notified and if an increase was negociated then the ballot resumed. Poor show in my opinion especially if, like me, your responsible for organising transport for an RSC.
Quiye possibly negotiating an increase in numbers?

Do people still think that paying Rangers every season means that the seat as actually theirs?

It is never "your" seat, it belongs to Rangers.

PS. Aye I do still call it "my" seat :D

I'll enter this debate. I see your point but I also see the point that folk such as myself pay alot more for season tickets in the club deck than others do elsewhere. So if I'm allocated a ticket for say Livi I expect to be in such seat that I'm actually paying for.

How big is the price change for travel at such short notice for you all coming over?
There is no morning flight on Saturday, hannons coaches/Citylink are either full for the morning journey or they aren't running at that time. That leaves supporters clubs who are in limbo because they don't know how many from NI will get tickets or will there be even room on the boat. Total farce in communication from the club meaning a lot from NI will not be able to travel even if they get a ticket unless they have the money for an expensive weekend on short notice travel.

How big is the price change for travel at such short notice for you all coming over?
Holiday time boats are more or less full up meaning it near impossible to get buses booked on. Flights are sky high.

my only other option would be going as a foot passenger on the boat the Friday evening and having my friend picking me up in cairnryan but she lives just outside of Glasgow so it’s quite a drive for her. Then I need back again Saturday evening as I have something on Sunday that I can’t get out of

i

It’s one game, one game.

Whether it's 1 game or 19 games, we pay extra for better seats/views of the match. So any ballot should take that into consideration. Put it this way, they won't stick someone paying 2k plus in hospitality into a seat that you or I will sit at. So if I'm paying an extra couple hundred a season for my seat I expect such a seat to be allocated in any ballot.

I'll enter this debate. I see your point but I also see the point that folk such as myself pay alot more for season tickets in the club deck than others do elsewhere. So if I'm allocated a ticket for say Livi I expect to be in such seat that I'm actually paying for.
From season ticket terms and conditions-
“A season ticket permits you to occupy your allocated seat at the match or any such other alternative seat as the Club may allocate to you in its reasonable discretions.”

After paying for season tickets last year and not getting into any games,are you really that concerned,if lucky enough to get allocated a ticket for this weekend,that it is a seat which is a few quid less than your “own” seat,for ONE game?

Greg Marshall been blackballed by the club or is he just ignoring us on purpose?
Has our club actually liaised with Greg, if they have, he should let us know. If they haven't, they are showing absolutely no consideration whatsoever for us long distance supporters.

As I've said before, Covid has complicated things, but our clubs handling of the situation over recent weeks has be abysmal, to say the least.

I get moved out of my CD5 seat for European games but the alternative offer so far has been excellent.
it’s given to the away teams ‘executive’ supporters and they have always seemed a decent bunch…even when we win :)
I’ve got an ST in CD5 that I’ve not got to use yet.

Where have you been moved to in the past for europe? Just curious!

You make a good point but at the end of the day the seat is in Ibrox, it is part of the clubs stadium. We rent the seat for the season.

The same debate is if they want to move seats or expand the stadium, they can as they own the seat, they wouldn’t need to consult us. I’m sure they’d just try to accommodate those fans and go ahead with it.

I've been made to believe that this is going to be the permanent approach going forward. Smart cards are to be replaced by Etickets

Stena is fully booked now.
Flights have doubled from this time last week. No Saturday evening flight home from Glasgow so either an overnight or travel to Edinburgh to get home.
The only way for me and my son now is, to fly up Friday night, or Saturday morning, haven't looked at the price of the flights yet, far too pished off at the moment.

I've been made to believe that this is going to be the permanent approach going forward. Smart cards are to be replaced by Etickets
Risky approach as not all Supporters will have access to E ticket facilities. I can see the cost saving on Smart cards being sent out but surely they have to make it an option?

I agree the qr codes work OK but I'd reckon they'll replace paper tickets, if they're replacing smartcards why send out new ones to folk just a few weeks ago?

Back