Balogun and Aribo out of Killie game

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got more than enough to overcome killie shame both are out but I’m sure the 11 that start will know what’s required of them

I'll be quite worried if we line up exactly the same way as last week. More so than having these 2 out.

Not sure how big a difference Balogun would have made as Helender is pretty able on the ball & distribution is fine.

Aribo is obviously a miss but I've not yet put him on a pedestal like many of the support have. He has struggled against teams with well organised tight defences before

Time for Hagi to have a big say in a game instead of floating around the edges of it. If it doesn't start happening for him soon he should be taken out of the starting XI for a bit when Aribo is back.
Hagi shouldn’t be starting against killie, the problem is with Aribo injured he will probably have to.

So the same team that started against Livi as we have still not signed any midfielders.
Defence isn’t a problem however we are stuck with a slow immobile midfield and a badly off form Hagi, and Morelos who seems desperate to leave now.

They will adopt Livi tactics but unlike them will hope to hit us on the counter.

This won’t be pretty at the weekend.

So the same team that started against Livi as we have still not signed any midfielders.
Defence isn’t a problem however we are stuck with a slow immobile midfield and a badly off form Hagi, and Morelos who seems desperate to leave now.

They will adopt Livi tactics but unlike them will hope to hit us on the counter.

This won’t be pretty at the weekend.

Plus throw in the performance of Kevin Clancy.....

Time for Hagi to have a big say in a game instead of floating around the edges of it. If it doesn't start happening for him soon he should be taken out of the starting XI for a bit when Aribo is back.

After last week I’d be giving Roofe or Itten a start rather than Hagi honestly.

Might necessitate a change in shape though so probably unlikely to happen.

Might be worth sticking Hagi is at 10, and maybe Roofe (fitness permitting) next to Buff and Kent.

Davis for Kamara maybe as well.

That would be reason to not play Morelos. However SG will probably ignore it.

I would love him to change to a front two of Morelos and Itten. Roofe doesn't look fit yet to me yet.

By all means get the early goal and our noses in front then he can change back to the 2 DM's and tweek the forward line.

Gutted for Aribo. He is looks like he has put on half a stone of pure muscle over the lockdown and is very quickly emerging as our best player.

Don't think Balogun is as big a miss as Aribo. Helander has looked quite comfortable so far. Aribo on the other hand is a big loss, looks to me as the only one that come up with that wee bit of creativity or magic when its needed.

Have injuries been an issue for Balogun throughout his career? From his Wiki stats it doesn’t look like he’s played more than about 50 games for any club. I’m just wondering whether injuries is part of that.

Let’s hope we don’t lose Aribo for any length of time because he’s going to be crucial.

Need to freshen things up and be positive. Take the game to Killie and don’t allow them to get any sort of foothold.

Would be good to see Roofe start but I honestly wouldn’t be opposed to utilising Greg Stewart in games like these.

An obvious blow regarding Aribo, we have good cover for Balogun.

Aribo is fast becoming our most influential player and is a big miss when he is not in the side.

Still think we will have enough to see off Kilmarnock though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back