Balogun and Aribo out of Killie game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully not one of those ‘small knocks’ that keep him out for a month.

We were told it was a precaution to keep him out of the Livi game, and now he’s missing this one and Gerrard thinks he has a ‘chance’ of making our next one.

Heard that one all too often.

If we hear 7-10 days mentioned at any time we may never see Aribo kick a ball again.

Concerning that's two players are important to us breaking down teams. Two injuries in the one area and the one area we are short in.

That's a real kick in the balls. We missed Aribo greatly at the weekend.
Hopefull on the much bigger Ibrox pitch, we'll find more space than we did against Livi. Always like Aribo in there rotating with kent and hagi right enough.

Killie are quite physical in the middle of the park with Power and Dicker so we can't be too gung ho.

Having said that, we could maybe try Davis in there with one of Kamara/Jack.

In recent times Davis has played deeper than either of Jack and Kamara and done virtually nothing when he has ventured forward. Also prone now to getting caught on the ball. The latter two will give us the platform tomorrow, its up to the guys in front of them to then go make things happen. Killie will be defensive but they will not be like Livi. They, at the every least, will pose a threat on the break. Burke seems to be having a wee 'hot' spell and their big striker game the Dhims a hard time of it - albeit down at Killie.

It will be a comfortable 2-0 victory for Rangers.

If Aribo is out, we must have an alternative option.
There has to be a bit of creativity somewhere to come in?
I'm gonna greet if it's the same side as last week.

With respect MU the ones I know do want change there. I am concerned at the lack of midfield creativity for this coming game (and we did have Aribo for those previous home games). I know injuries will restrict personnel change but I hope at least we adopt a less cautious, more aggressive attacking set up. Give us the urgency from the kick off at the very least until we’re two in front instead of the last 10mins cavalry charge.

Did you watch Killie v the mentally challengeds mate?

They had Brown and McGregor playing as defensive midfielders and Killie could still easily have had a couple more goals.

They caused Celtic plenty of problems on the break and will try to counter us way more than Livingston.

Of course they Re. Our record in getting players back to fitness is deplorable and has been for years. A slight knock usually means they are out for 4 to 6 weeks under our medical team.

If they're fit they'd be playing.

If Balogun pulled a quad muscle he was always going to be out for a minimum of 2 weeks.

Maybe Aribo's injury hasn't responded to treatment as well as we hoped.

It happens plenty in professional sport.

I'd play Hagi and Arfield in the midfield 3 with Jack or Kamara dropping out.

possibility ... but I think he will stick with Jack and Kamara as SG seems to like the 4 / 6 model if we drop Jack / Kamara it changes the bias to 3 / 7

We cannot have 1 player who dictates a game as much as Aribo. We need others who can step up at ease

Absolutely no issue with Kamara and Jack in there.

They aren’t the problem. The formation isn’t the problem either, since we’re on the subject.

The team just need to stop taking the easy option, choosing the lazy, slow pass. The style of play has to change, we must be faster and more aggressive - while that isn’t the case, personnel and formation mean nothing.

If Aribo is out, we must have an alternative option.
There has to be a bit of creativity somewhere to come in?
I'm gonna greet if it's the same side as last week.

I think there’s an opportunity to play Hagi in the hole behind the front three if Gerrard deems Roofe fit enough to start on the right.

If not I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more or less the same personnel and formation once again.

possibility ... but I think he will stick with Jack and Kamara as SG seems to like the 4 / 6 model if we drop Jack / Kamara it changes the bias to 3 / 7
In games like this the way teams set up I don't see the need for the 2 of them. Arfield didn't have a great game but that was a dog of a game to throw him in for 1st start of the season. 2 more forward thinking players and a sitter would be the way I'd approach games like last Sunday and tomorrow.

Aribo is a big miss! We looked toothless in midfield last week. Hopefully, we sign someone soon as we are very light in that department.

We need someone in the midfield to help Hagi, last week Arfield was woefull and hopefully no where near the squad tomorrow. The ironic thing about last week was although hagi was poor in the first half if we had kept him on and brought on someone to help him he may have been the key to unlocking livi.

Against a team like Kilmarnock, having Kamara and jack is needed imo. When they played Kilmarnock you had brown and mcgregor sitting and Kilmarnock still looked pretty threatening on the counter, their striker caused Julian a lot of bother, will need to make sure we contain him.

Last edited:
I'll be quite worried if we line up exactly the same way as last week. More so than having these 2 out.

Not sure how big a difference Balogun would have made as Helender is pretty able on the ball & distribution is fine.

Aribo is obviously a miss but I've not yet put him on a pedestal like many of the support have. He has struggled against teams with well organised tight defences before

I dont think its the players so much as the approach. We're way too slow and ponderous passing the ball back and forth hoping for a beakthrough that never comes. We waste more time than the opposition with meaningless play in safe areas and pose no threat to their goal.

I think we need some perspective here: okay, Aribo it seems isn't going to be fit, but we are playing at home and not on a plastic carpet against an average SPL side. We have a team that cost millions up against opponents whose entire team could be bought for less than half of what we paid for Hagi. If the outcome of the game hinged upon the absence of a single Rangers player, then we can kiss goodbye to any thoughts of winning the league - which I don't believe is the case.

Top trolling.

It's not true whatsoever. They weren't the only two players on the park last week and certainly weren't solely to blame for the result.

Tomorrow is at Ibrox against a team I'd expect to come at us more than St Mirren and St Johnstone did. Jack and Kamara both played against them and we had a combined 43 attempts at goal in those games, scoring 6.

If we have 21 shots at goal and score another 3 tomorrow, we'll do just fine.
Killie come at us?have you watched them last few years?o_O

Time to support our club and stop living in constant fear of the sub human tribes in the east.

We're top of the league, has this passed people by for some reason.

Time to support our club and stop living in constant fear of the sub human tribes in the east.

We're top of the league, has this passed people by for some reason.
It’s the press telling the 11 points ahead lie . If we win tomorrow technically yes we’ll be nine points ahead of them , will it affect them ?? Don’t know and to be honest I don’t care . All I care is we do our job , stop panicking and relax . Yes we might not win every game , might even lose . But if we don’t give in we will win the league . It’s not the beggars I’m worried about it’s Kilmarnock st mirren and Livingston

Usually stay clear of the match thread on the day. Becoming just as bad on here in the run up. Seems that for every positive comment there is a negative one.

Why would anyone expect anything other than a win tomorrow? Its Kilmarnock for any sake. At Ibrox. Yes, there have been slip ups in the last few years but that should not interfere with your expectation levels. Get a grip.

It’s the press telling the 11 points ahead lie . If we win tomorrow technically yes we’ll be nine points ahead of them , will it affect them ?? Don’t know and to be honest I don’t care . All I care is we do our job , stop panicking and relax . Yes we might not win every game , might even lose . But if we don’t give in we will win the league . It’s not the beggars I’m worried about it’s Kilmarnock st mirren and Livingston

Let's face it, we might be worried about certain games but it inevitably comes down to what they're doing.

I'm fairly confident the team will get a result tomorrow, but certainly not taking it for granted.

That's really the way every game should be approached instead of people going looking for 4,5 or 6 gubbings and then somehow dissapointed if it doesnt turn out that way.

3 points is all I ask for of the team, by whichever means. Players will miss games inevitably as the season goes on.

I'll look take the positives at the moment as we sit top without conceding a goal.

I wouldn't like to be 9 points behind them going into a game at Tannadice

A noisy minority on here are wanting him to change Kamara and Jack.

The vast majority of supporters I know don't.

They want him to go again with the same shape that's won both our home games 3-0.

Probably true given the risk of counter & I'd point out that Kilmarnock based on the game vs them are far better than the opposition we faced in the other home games.

I'd like to think Jack & Kamara will have been told we need to get the ball forward quicker and find our forwards higher up the pitch.

I'd be banning that sh*tey slow 5-10 yard pass that they constantly play sideways on the training pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back