Balogun and Aribo out of Killie game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to freshen things up and be positive. Take the game to Killie and don’t allow them to get any sort of foothold.

Would be good to see Roofe start but I honestly wouldn’t be opposed to utilising Greg Stewart in games like these.

I think we’ll see exactly the same starting eleven as Sunday.

Gutted about Aribo.

The one midfielder who actually does something positive and creative.

Typical.
The way Aribo can waddle through packed areas and come away with the ball means he is a big miss the type of player we need against Killie was badly missed at Livingston.

Helander will play at the back - that will be fine.

I hope he doesn’t go with Arfield to replace Aribo as that didn’t work - I’d play Roofe on the right and Hagi in a midfield 3 with Kamara and Jack.

I hope he doesn’t go with Arfield to replace Aribo as that didn’t work - I’d play Roofe on the right and Hagi in a midfield 3 with Kamara and Jack.
I'd play Hagi and Arfield in the midfield 3 with Jack or Kamara dropping out.

The way Aribo can waddle through packed areas and come away with the ball means he is a big miss the type of player we need against Killie was badly missed at Livingston.
One of the few players who actually runs with the ball, takes a man/men on and plays quick one-twos and gets a shot away. He's head and shoulders above most in our team. Huge miss.

Grim.

Another 0-0 on the cards.
Top trolling.
It’s true though and we ain’t actually slating them as players they are very good at their job but as we’ve seen many of times not creative enough against the packed defences.
It's not true whatsoever. They weren't the only two players on the park last week and certainly weren't solely to blame for the result.

Tomorrow is at Ibrox against a team I'd expect to come at us more than St Mirren and St Johnstone did. Jack and Kamara both played against them and we had a combined 43 attempts at goal in those games, scoring 6.

If we have 21 shots at goal and score another 3 tomorrow, we'll do just fine.

Aribo is certainly a miss as he has started the season so well.

However, I would be seriously concerned if we cannot beat Kilmarnock at home minus Arbo, considering the depth of our squad. It will be down to SG to ensure the formation he selects is a winning one and I am sure he will.

Perhaps with Aribo we might have won by three or four, but will settle for my prediction of two nil.

Maybe stick Helander in the midfield, after all he looked more keen to get forward and make positive passes than either of our two centre mids did last week.

The only way to get match fit is to...…?

Hence playing him, we think, in the midweek match. However, its not as simple as throwing him into the starting lineup. Think back to the start of last season and we threw Kent in before he was properly up to speed. First game, pulled hamsting, cya later. Last thing we need to do with Roofe. He's barely played since the New Year.

Hence playing him, we think, in the midweek match. However, its not as simple as throwing him into the starting lineup. Think back to the start of last season and we threw Kent in before he was properly up to speed. First game, pulled hamsting, cya later. Last thing we need to do with Roofe. He's barely played since the New Year.

He had already played a preseason game with Anderlecht before joining us so had obviously been back in training already prior to coming to us.

He's not at his best yet but I think his lack of general fitness is being overstated on here. He's been training for a good while now so his base fitness will be fine, it's more match sharpness he is lacking which will only come with game time.

Got to say it’s very worrying when aribo is out that we are struggling to see where the creativity is coming from.

This needs addressed during this transfer window, sooner rather than later.

Maybe stick Helander in the midfield, after all he looked more keen to get forward and make positive passes than either of our two centre mids did last week.

I know this is tongue in cheek but is actually true. In fairness it is easier for CBs to drive forward with the ball from deep than collecting the ball in the middle.

Centre halves striving forward is something I've been bleating about for years now. We need to do it way more often and not just wait till the end of the game as it is crucial for disrupting teams who park the bus

Don't think Balogun is as big a miss as Aribo. Helander has looked quite comfortable so far. Aribo on the other hand is a big loss, looks to me as the only one that come up with that wee bit of creativity or magic when its needed.

Totally agree. No denying Balogun has looked very impressive but we've got more than adequate cover in that area.

Aribo is a problem though. We don't have anyone else in the squad that bring to the table what he can.

I know this is tongue in cheek but is actually true. In fairness it is easier for CBs to drive forward with the ball from deep than collecting the ball in the middle.

Centre halves striving forward is something I've been bleating about for years now. We need to do it way more often and not just wait till the end of the game as it is crucial for disrupting teams who park the bus

I wasn’t really kidding mate. I mean I’m kidding about actually playing him in midfield of course, but Helander and big Goldson showed more urgency and more desire to step forward and try and make something happen against Livingston, so that part I wasn’t joking about.

I’ve been impressed by Jack and Kamara individually at various times, but there’s been too many games where the constant recycling of possession 5 and 10 yards sideways has been soul destroying, particularly as an10 man defence watch it happen in relative comfort without having to think too much being asked too many serious questions.

FFS our two best players this season.
SG can be stubborn. When everyone is calling to forget two defensive midfielders ... what do we see next game .... the bloody same. Very strong likelihood we see both Kamara and Jack. At very best we may see him push K forward a bit more. All quite depressing in a football sense. If we see no change either in personnel or formation, I’ll be starting to have doubts about SG.

FFS our two best players this season.
SG can be stubborn. When everyone is calling to forget two defensive midfielders ... what do we see next game .... the bloody same. Very strong likelihood we see both Kamara and Jack. At very best we may see him push K forward a bit more. All quite depressing in a football sense. If we see no change either in personnel or formation, I’ll be starting to have doubts about SG.

A noisy minority on here are wanting him to change Kamara and Jack.

The vast majority of supporters I know don't.

They want him to go again with the same shape that's won both our home games 3-0.

I’m not sure what relevant Aribo’s age has to his importance to the team to be honest.

He's not really one of our well-established big, experienced players. But I suppose we need to be able to cope with the absence of any single player.

They want him to go again with the same shape that's won both our home games 3-0.

Killie are quite physical in the middle of the park with Power and Dicker so we can't be too gung ho.

Having said that, we could maybe try Davis in there with one of Kamara/Jack.

Hopefully not one of those ‘small knocks’ that keep him out for a month.

We were told it was a precaution to keep him out of the Livi game, and now he’s missing this one and Gerrard thinks he has a ‘chance’ of making our next one.

Heard that one all too often.

Clear that it will be mate. The club seem to have an issue telling the truth about injuries

With respect MU the ones I know do want change there. I am concerned at the lack of midfield creativity for this coming game (and we did have Aribo for those previous home games). I know injuries will restrict personnel change but I hope at least we adopt a less cautious, more aggressive attacking set up. Give us the urgency from the kick off at the very least until we’re two in front instead of the last 10mins cavalry charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back