Balogun being assessed

I would play King and keep Bassey at left back.

Having Barisic and Bassey both in the side is almost a two man disadvantage.

On current form Borna should be nowhere near the first 11.
Agree re Borna, but it may come down to experience at the minute.

ps What a fall it has been for Borna - what on earth has happened to him - his form has evaporated. He's gone from Croatia first choice LB & transfer fees being mooted of £8m to us not wanting him to play against Annan. I hope he can come back from this.

We’re paying 2 million for Ramsey on loan for 5 months if the figures getting banded around are right.
That’ll look worse tbh.

Even if it wasn’t Soutar a cb even on loan should have been brought in.
Not if the option to buy is there, again hearsay like the 2million though.

Agree re Borna, but it may come down to experience at the minute.

ps What a fall it has been for Borna - what on earth has happened to him - his form has evaporated. He's gone from Croatia first choice LB & transfer fees being mooted of £8m to us not wanting him to play against Annan. I hope he can come back from this.
I fear he has had some form of mental breakdown. When he came on against hibs he was running away from the ball and looked zoned out. Commits a daft foul gets booked right away. Whatever is going on I think we need to promote a B team left back to the squad just in case. Wee Maxwell?

Would be surprised to see Helander play on a plastic pitch considering the injury he's had

GVB said Helander will be involved in the press conference. Maybe he means on the bench but it would be good to see him get minutes. I’m sure he made his debut on a plastic pitch against east fife.

Disagree. They would find that unless we were in a position where our centre halves were injured bar 1 and we had to play a LB at centre half that we wouldnt be desperate for an SPL player to come immediately so would tell them to chase themselves.

Our transfer record is full of folk both bought and not bought for a particular fee on deadline day from scottish clubs but it hasnt seta precedent.

Each situation would be judged on its individual merit.
If only but in the real world that is not the case, likewise when you get a big transfer for a young prospect it sets the precedent for future transfer values, a new benchmark.

We pay over the top plus silly add ons on deadline day every club would look at this when negotiating with us.

A plastic pitch and we could be risking Ramsey and Helander?
Really?

Surely this has to be a risk we don’t need to make?
I would rather both get up to speed in behind closed door games for now.

Reactions: BWO
Really?

The issue we only have around 13 games left in the league and for both to make a meaningful contribution we need them match fit now.

Dropping league points at say tannadice could be devastating to our chances of retaining the title.

Yes closed doors games can help but there is no substitute for competitive football and that is what both of these need.

Is it a bit risky because of the plastic pitch, possibly.

Do we need to take this calculated risk, Id say at this point yes we do.

The issue we only have around 13 games left in the league and for both to make a meaningful contribution we need them match fit now.

Dropping league points at say tannadice could be devastating to our chances of retaining the title.

Yes closed doors games can help but there is no substitute for competitive football and that is what both of these need.

Is it a bit risky because of the plastic pitch, possibly.

Do we need to take this calculated risk, Id say at this point yes we do.

Agree.

We need them to gain match fitness/sharpness as quickly as possible before we drop more points.

If only but in the real world that is not the case, likewise when you get a big transfer for a young prospect it sets the precedent for future transfer values, a new benchmark.

We pay over the top plus silly add ons on deadline day every club would look at this when negotiating with us.
I do get what you are saying but our ability to tell them to shove it will/should always be dictated by our own need and circumstances

Really?

He said they’ll both be playing, Helander has been in full training for weeks and is ready to start games which is a massive positive. He said he would actually rather play on a plastic pitch at the time of year than a potato field grass pitch which is worse in his opinion. Hopefully they can both get a good 60 minutes each, recover for a week and be ready to go after Dortmund.

He said they’ll both be playing, Helander has been in full training for weeks and is ready to start games which is a massive positive. He said he would actually rather play on a plastic pitch at the time of year than a potato field grass pitch which is worse in his opinion. Hopefully they can both get a good 60 minutes each, recover for a week and be ready to go after Dortmund.
The alternative to this… is too scary to even contemplate.
I will be crossing everything.Fingers, toes etc… that all our players come through.
Unscathed.

Understand the concerns about the plastic pitch, but I'd be looking for both of them to start both the next two games with a view to being able to complete the 90 at Tannadice.

Actually. Is it Helaner who can't play twice a week? Maybe he'd need to sit out midweek.

Back