Barasic to villa for 8m

Ah brilliant, another thread where we talk down the valuation of our players. You couldn't make it up. He's worth close to £8m and certainly much more than the £2-3m getting touted on here.

Convinced he thought he was away in the summer and for whatever reason it fell through and his motivation to play for us left without him, but that doesn't change anything. There is a player there when he wants to play.

Ah brilliant, another thread where we talk down the valuation of our players. You couldn't make it up. He's worth close to £8m and certainly much more than the £2-3m getting touted on here.

Convinced he thought he was away in the summer and for whatever reason it fell through and his motivation to play for us left without him, but that doesn't change anything. There is a player there when he wants to play.

Based on what?

Juranovic is also a Croatian international, younger than Barisic and he just went to Celtic for £2-3m.

He’s clearly carrying some sort of ongoing injury of you ask me.

Time for him to fight for his place back in the team

Based on what?

Juranovic is also a Croatian international, younger than Barisic and he just went to Celtic for £2-3m.
Last season we'd have been up in arms if he'd gone for less than £8m. That player is still there. Couldn't care less what other players go for. If other clubs are willing to sell low that's up to them.

Last week this board was all we need to be a selling club, we need to start rotating players out and in and strengthen the squad. Post Sunday the first rumoured sale gets made and FF starts knocking 75% off the rumoured value. Who does that? Surely your first reaction is aye thats what we should be aiming for, without being disparaging about it and offering to drive him to wherever he's going for free?

It's a reaction to Sunday where everybody is suddenly pub level footballers again. You're only as good as your last game isn't a set in stone measuring stick for player valuations.

We are amazing at talking our own players down in value I have to say.
On form for me he’s one of our most sellable assets

Last edited:
Last season we'd have been up in arms if he'd gone for less than £8m. That player is still there. Couldn't care less what other players go for. If other clubs are willing to sell low that's up to them.

Last week this board was all we need to be a selling club, we need to start rotating players out and in and strengthen the squad. Post Sunday the first rumoured sale gets made and FF starts knocking 75% off the rumoured value. Who does that? Surely your first reaction is aye thats what we should be aiming for, without being disparaging about it and offering to drive him to wherever he's going for free?

It's a reaction to Sunday where everybody is suddenly pub level footballers again. You're only as good as your last game isn't a set in stone measuring stick for player valuations.

Last season he wasn't as good as the season before IMO. Posted on here a few times that I felt we should've cashed in. You're not going to get a lot of money for a 29+ year old full back, it just doesn't happen.

Happy to be proven wrong but I can't think of any who have gone for £10m+

I just don't know why anyone thinks he's worth north of £8m. As I said, Juranovic went to Celtic for £2-3m and he's only 26, also a Croatian international.

We are amazing at talking our own players down in value I have to say.
On form for me he’s one of our most sellable assets
He is never going for 8 million, if he was consistent then yes easily but he isn't and he has been a shambles this season.

I can't see why anyone would be looking to buy him and certainly not at 8 million.

I'm normally one of the first to tell others to be realistic on fees, but in this case I agree.

Left back who mere months ago was Croatia's first choice would still fetch double what we paid on a bad day if the right clubs were looking.

Based on what?

and is a starter for Croatia, Barisic is lucky if he plays one in every 3 games now

I’ve seen that reported borna could follow stevie for 8m. Where to start with that ? I don’t know how he still gets a game he doesn’t want the ball he’s hiding in plain sight every game he’s got a magic left foot but he doesn’t use it anywhere near enough as he should be. No runs, no passion, no desire. No hope this season. Not just him though full team bar one or two.
Stevie?

The fella is playing through an injury. Why when we have Bassey I’ll never know. Maybe Gerrard never trusted him

Where are you getting this from other than the fact he was injured in June?
I pay attention to threads on this forum - a poster who is mates with someone in the medical team gave good information, he’s just missed 3 games before that shitshow at the weekend as the injury flared up too.

These player going to Villa threads are fucking tedious.Wait till January and you'll find that no lady's front bottom wants any of our players,especially out of form players like Morelos and Borna.

The rumour is that he's going after Borna Sosa of Stuttgart.

Which makes a lot more sense as our Borna would only ever be a squad player at Villa and why spend money on a 29 year old backup?

The only players Gerrard would be remotely interested in at Villa imo would be Kent & Kamara and maybe Patterson but given Cash's form for Villa, I don't see that.

Kent, Aribo and Kamara are the only players that will even cross his mind. Possibly Goldson as well as a cheap, backup option and someone who would be good enough to come in and play 10-15 games a season in the EPL if needed, similar to the way we view Balogun up here for us.

I think Aribo would be top of his list if buying from us, to be honest.
I've followed VIlla for over 20yrs, I just don't see where Aribo would fit in atm. He's definitely talented but I don't see him playing out on the wing and Villa currently have a strong batch of youngsters pushing for 1st team action with a few playing that CM position. He'd struggle to hold down a 1st team place.

He is never going for 8 million, if he was consistent then yes easily but he isn't and he has been a shambles this season.

I can't see why anyone would be looking to buy him and certainly not at 8 million.
I think the Roma thing was close as what i read i have the feeling he was wanting to go big time,dont know if thats caused a lot of frustration for him but hes no where near the player be was last year and think wel be lucky to get half the 8m now.

I think the Roma thing was close as what i read i have the feeling he was wanting to go big time,dont know if thats caused a lot of frustration for him but hes no where near the player be was last year and think wel be lucky to get half the 8m now.
I’m pretty confident the whole Roma thing was absolutely nothing, they spent £18m on a back up left back in August.

Could be wrong though, and maybe they were genuinely interested. However, I felt the people looking at Borna’s reaction at the old firm as a sign were a bit mental.

I've followed VIlla for over 20yrs, I just don't see where Aribo would fit in atm. He's definitely talented but I don't see him playing out on the wing and Villa currently have a strong batch of youngsters pushing for 1st team action with a few playing that CM position. He'd struggle to hold down a 1st team place.
Fair enough mate, I couldn’t see them spending the money for Kent as you already have a better player in Bailey IMO.

Back