Barasic to villa for 8m

Maybe…I thought his best season was last season. Regardless, he’s sh1te now for some reason!
Personally I thought he was better in 19/20, was very unlucky to lose POTY to Jack.

I still think we can get him back if he can get over this injury, I still thought he showed some decent flashes of the player he can be tonight with a couple of decent-ish deliveries

Personally I thought he was better in 19/20, was very unlucky to lose POTY to Jack.

I still think we can get him back if he can get over this injury, I still thought he showed some decent flashes of the player he can be tonight with a couple of decent-ish deliveries
Aye, personally don’t think the problem with him is a Morelos/Goldson issue where he wants a move…maybe needs confidence or something

Soft as shit. No chance Gerrard pays £8m for him.

I'd have been quite confident of getting that sort of money for him during the summer just passed but less and less likely with every passing game.

Aye, personally don’t think the problem with him is a Morelos/Goldson issue where he wants a move…maybe needs confidence or something
I think there’s a few things - I think it’s obvious he hasn’t gotten over the injury

I think he has an amazing relationship with Kent - we saw a bit of it tonight - the overlapping run they tried in the first half - they used to do that all the time and with Kent off form and then injured it’s just not there anymore

He’s also not a “Kent” or “Hagi” type player that will drag the team back from the abyss - he needs at least one or two others in the team to be “on it” to get the best out of him. When everyone else is pish he isn’t capable of causing the spark unless it’s from a free kick.

Don’t think he wants a move either - I believe his interviews when he says he loves it. Maybe a new manager is exactly what he needs to get the best out of him again.

The players will rightly get everything that’s coming to them the coming days, but they’re ours and we need to get them playing

I’ve seen that reported borna could follow stevie for 8m. Where to start with that ? I don’t know how he still gets a game he doesn’t want the ball he’s hiding in plain sight every game he’s got a magic left foot but he doesn’t use it anywhere near enough as he should be. No runs, no passion, no desire. No hope this season. Not just him though full team bar one or two.

I’d accept an £8 million bid for Borna.

I’d accept an £8 million bid for Borna.
You would, I would, Rangers would, everybody would.

Problem is nobody will pay anywhere near that money.

Hes not fast or robust enough for the EPL and if we're talking Villa specifically, they and Gerrard are shopping in a Department Store somewhere up the High Street from our players. Its just a fact.

Hes probably well suited to something like Serie A but those clubs rarely pay big money or anything even close to bring people in. Rarer still for them to raid the UK market when they have quick and easy access to other places.

The prime time to sell him probably was off the back of a bumper season, as it was with a few others, which has now passed and hes playing really poorly.

If he leaves on a fee itll be a very small one.

Fantasy land stuff. Not a chance in hell Gerrard is coming back for Barisic. Villa are looking towards Top 6 in the EPL, Borna isn't if that standard. He's a minimal improvement at best on Matt Targett.

Gerrard will want a younger, better and fresher player.

I think people overestimate the level of the Premiership.

Shane Duffy is currently Brighton's best player.

Guys like Kenny McLean and James McCarthy were mainstays for years.
I defo agree with you in the lower half it’s not the level they like to make out. Top 4-5 teams would put 5 or 6 past us if they wanted.

I’ve seen that reported borna could follow stevie for 8m. Where to start with that ? I don’t know how he still gets a game he doesn’t want the ball he’s hiding in plain sight every game he’s got a magic left foot but he doesn’t use it anywhere near enough as he should be. No runs, no passion, no desire. No hope this season. Not just him though full team bar one or two.
Post the link where you saw it or... Sniff sniff

He’s having a poor and injury hit season but there’s some amount of nonsense being spouted about Barisic on here. The way we turn on our own players it’s no wonder so many lost their hunger to achieve anything for our so called fans

He’s having a poor and injury hit season but there’s some amount of nonsense being spouted about Barisic on here. The way we turn on our own players it’s no wonder so many lost their hunger to achieve anything for our so called fans

In all honesty I thought he was fairly poor last season as well. Said it at the time that I would've happily moved him on in the summer.

Cant see him but do believe Gerard will take come in for him. The last 5-10 players to head from Scotland have proven to be worth much more today than was paid for them. Im afraid Kent will be gone.

I can't see Gerrard taking a player that needs a lot of cajoling and time to get playing well. He's had his time with Barisic and he's gone back to where he was when he first joined the club. Same with Alfie, Tavernier, Goldson even Kent. If you don't show any consistency playing in the poor standard that is the SPFL what's the chances of playing well every week in the EPL?

Absolute garbage , not a chance villa would sign Barisic , he has been honking so far this season, championship in England is his level.

I'll be surprised if we get anywhere near half of that.

Back